Sponsored

How do I know I have the fake engine noise on the ecoboost?

Costcocombo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
So I'm driving with the window up on my 2016 Eco PP with the music off. The car seems relatively quiet to me on normal mode. I think i can hear the engine more on Sport or Track mode if i press down on the pedal. Are those sounds being amplified through the speakers? Is there a way to really test or know? Should i turn off my infotainment system? I did some digging and read about the 'active noise control'. Is that always on? Sorry in advance for the dumb questions?
Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
There is a synthetic engine sound that comes through the speakers so yes, you are hearing some synthetic engine sound through the speakers.

There is a thread on here to disable the engine sound through the speakers by disconnecting the mic above the rear headliner. It is a very simple procedure. The headliner is held on by magnets so you can gently pull the headliner down on the sides, and in the rear middle disconnect the mic.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/how-to-disable-the-active-noise-control.78455/

Last edited:

Todd00000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Do 2019 V8 'Stangs have this?

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Do 2019 V8 'Stangs have this?
Yes and no. There's a "sound tube" that filters some intake noise into the cabin. No electronics though, just a piece of rubber.
Pretty close. The GT has the sound tube, essentially a pipe from the intake to the cabin with a box in the middle with a diaphragm across it to bring intake noise into the cabin. The GT350 and Bullitt both use the artificial sound through the speakers, as the GT350 manifold used by both does not have the sound tube port.

There's a number of kits for the GT that let you remove the tube and plug the two openings, priced around $10 - $15. The GT350 and Bullitt can have the artificial sound removed via ForScan as noted above.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting, didn't think they would mess with the Voodoo's sound.
It is surprising about the Voodoo. Still, the marketing folks gotta market.

Want to poke a beehive? Type "electronic sound enhancement" in response to any thread on the Bullitt forum where someone is talking about the exhaust note.

Sponsored

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
The sound tube isn’t at all fake and I’m not sure why so many complain or talk about it. These new cars are so sealed up it is difficult to hear the sound of the motor. An older car didn’t need any of this as the insulation firewall windows etc let in the sound of the motor not to mention squeaks and all manner of rattles.

Some of my favorite sounds:
Brothers 240z with 3 Mikuni 44 mm side drafts and a Rebello Racing motor
My VW rabbit with dual Delorto 40 mm side drafts and Rebello Racing motor. I wish I bought the 44s.
Even my 69 mustang with the air cleaner top/lid flipped over :).

Those cars screamed with the majority of sound coming from the intake velocity stacks.

Sound tube allows the sound in.

Anyhow it isn’t fake.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The sound tube isn’t at all fake and I’m not sure why so many complain or talk about it. These new cars are so sealed up it is difficult to hear the sound of the motor.
Sure isn't difficult if you set it to "Track". ;)
Sponsored