How do i find out my previous owner?

BLUCIFR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt premium Velocity Blue
Hey guys, not too long ago i purchased my 3rd mustang. I got the car, a 2019 GT Premium, used at Carmax. The car was delivered from Illinois and transported all the way to my local carmax in southern Louisiana. Upon arrival inspection i noticed that the car was equipped with corsa extremes and a corsa x-pipe. Ive been eager to find out who the previous owner was to ask a few questions to. Is there anyway to find out who the previous owner was for this vehicle? Ive tried googling and searching the Vin on a few websites. But nothing really came through. If anybody knows a way to this please enlighten me, thanks!
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
https://apps.ilsos.gov/regstatus/

Each state will have their own rules and setup.

I checked CO and then IL.

In the state of CO, if you know the VIN, and it was titled in CO within the last seven years, it will list the Owner contact of the title. There is a small fee.

https://dmv.colorado.gov/vehicle-record-searches

I then rolled to IL. Unfortunately, at least initially, it does not identify what information you'd be gifted.

Have you tried the IL site above?

Privacy will be the main concern. I can think of different ways to make attempts, but any non-official means will most likely be met with silence.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BLUCIFR

BLUCIFR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
https://apps.ilsos.gov/regstatus/

Each state will have their own rules and setup.

I checked CO and then IL.

In the state of CO, if you know the VIN, and it was last titled in CO within the last seven years, it will list the Owner contact on that title. There is a small fee.

https://dmv.colorado.gov/vehicle-record-searches

I then rolled to IL and found the link above. Unfortunately, at least initially, it does not identify what information you'd be gifted.

Have you tried the IL site above?
I put the VIN in on the link it pulled up my mileage and basic information such as is it insured, did it ever have flood damage, etc. No info on previous owner

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
put the VIN in on the link it pulled up my mileage and basic information such as is it insured, did it ever have flood damage, etc. No info on previous owner
Ya, you can imagine what could happen. CarFax would list servicing dealers (if any), but no one is going to give out personal information.

I pondered the idea of relaying messages through dealers, other intermediaries, or here, but I can't see that happening. Even if the previous Owner got the message, there'd have to be at least some sense of trust for them to reach back at all.

Last edited:

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Ya, you can imagine what could happen. CarFax would list servicing dealers (if any), but no one is going to give out personal information.

I pondered the idea of relaying messages through dealers, other intermediaries, or here, but I can't see that happening. Even if the previous Owner got the message, there'd have to be at least some sense of trust for them to reach back at all.
I did it that way with my Jeep. Told them I had found something in it that might be theirs.
Paid 1.99 for a pair of clearanced ear rings, and it got me a bunch of spare parts and the factory parts they had taken off. I'd say it was a fair trade, and worth the 1.99 and phone call to the servicing dealer.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Even if the previous Owner got the message, there'd have to be at least some sense of trust for them to reach back at all.
LOL Can you imagine that conversation?

"I'm not sure how that hole in the engine wall and that crappy E85 tune got there!"

🤣 🤣 🤣

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Hey guys, not too long ago i purchased my 3rd mustang. I got the car, a 2019 GT Premium, used at Carmax. The car was delivered from Illinois and transported all the way to my local carmax in southern Louisiana. Upon arrival inspection i noticed that the car was equipped with corsa extremes and a corsa x-pipe. Ive been eager to find out who the previous owner was to ask a few questions to. Is there anyway to find out who the previous owner was for this vehicle? Ive tried googling and searching the Vin on a few websites. But nothing really came through. If anybody knows a way to this please enlighten me, thanks!
What are your questions you wanted to ask the previous owner?
Honestly, the good crowd here should be able to help you out in figuring things out.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP; Prior:20 Camaro SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Semi stalker status buttt:
If you have the zip it shipped from, find out what area that is
Go to facebook and search for a mustang group local to that area
Post a pic, ask if anyone knows the owner

Aside from finding a random harley davidson receipt in the trunk like I did LOL, that's probably your only shot.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BLUCIFR

BLUCIFR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
What are your questions you wanted to ask the previous owner?
Honestly, the good crowd here should be able to help you out in figuring things out.
Well i know the previous owner on my second mustang reverted everything back to stock and the cars timing chain shit on me a year after owning it. Not too sure if this car has been reverted too, or if it only ever had the exhausts setup.

It does have PPF installed, kinda curious if its been sitting on it since 2019 or if its fairly new.

Idk if he'll be of any help for this one but when i start my car in the morning in quiet mode. It goes back and forth between quiet and normal mode. (It sounds loud as shit and then quiet back and forth every 3 seconds... to the point to where i just keep it in normal lol) I wake up at 1am every morning for work and with the corsa front to back besides headers i would like to figure out how i could stop it from doing that for my neighbors sake lol. I did some research and a lot has shown that the xpipe might be causing it, might be the valve spring, or who knows what. But i really would like to get that squared away eventually.

And when i sold my first mustang i tried my best to keep the car in the family. Knowing that it went to good home felt nice. If hes any bit of an enthusiest, i would imagine he would like to know his ponys in a good stable.

But yeah, overall it wasnt for anything too concerning, mostly just a thought that came across my mind.

SBR70.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, 23 Explorer ST, 19 GTI (DD)
When test driving the car I ended up buying, I was playing with the SYNC and saw the previous owner's name was listed as his device's name. I google stalked him and found a FB post where he said he was selling the car because he needed a truck for work. Car had less than 2k miles.

Other methods above work too. I lucked out on this one.

OP
OP
BLUCIFR

BLUCIFR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
When test driving the car I ended up buying, I was playing with the SYNC and saw the previous owner's name was listed as his device's name. I google stalked him and found a FB post where he said he was selling the car because he needed a truck for work. Car had less than 2k miles.

Other methods above work too. I lucked out on this one.
What blows my mind is that my car had 2 owners before me. The cars a 2019 with less than 20k miles on it. In prestine condition. No damage no scratches no rips or tears in the interior its got ppf installed name brand exhaust system. So why 2 owners lol

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
1st owner bought pre covid, lost his job, sold car.
2nd owner bought mid 2020 when supply was plentiful and prices cheap. Sold late 2022 when used prices skyrocketed.
Timing may be off but it's a plausible scenario.
I could think of others but what's the point? You've got a well cared for car that you like so be happy. Besides your curiosity what would talking to either of the POs do? If they had wanted to talk about the car they would have left a note hidden somewhere like the owners manual or under the spare.
You've bought a used car with a minor issue, have it fixed and enjoy the car.

OP
OP
BLUCIFR

BLUCIFR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
1st owner bought pre covid, lost his job, sold car.
2nd owner bought mid 2020 when supply was plentiful and prices cheap. Sold late 2022 when used prices skyrocketed.
Timing may be off but it's a plausible scenario.
I could think of others but what's the point? You've got a well cared for car that you like so be happy. Besides your curiosity what would talking to either of the POs do? If they had wanted to talk about the car they would have left a note hidden somewhere like the owners manual or under the spare.
You've bought a used car with a minor issue, have it fixed and enjoy the car.
You've got a good point! I aint gonna sweat it
Sponsored