Sponsored

How did you decide on the color of your GT350?

Point45

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Vehicle(s)
19 gt350, 05 tacoma, 10 Ducati 1098SF
I was much less concerned with the exterior color than other options. There were a couple of colors that just weren’t me but at the same time really cool.
When a great deal came my way with a color that fit me, well that was an easy decision.
I was actually looking at buying your car from villa but the sales guy wouldn't give me a number and insisted I be at the dealer to talk. I work 6 days a week, thats not happening.

Same as Fred, I was looking more at options as most of the colors looked pretty good but was leaning towards a blue or grey car. Ended up with ruby red as it was 1k more under sticker than the blue one.
Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I was actually looking at buying your car from villa but the sales guy wouldn't give me a number and insisted I be at the dealer to talk.
Not relevant to picking colors, but just had a buddy talking to a BMW dealer about a 3 series that was given this line. Ended up purchasing a Volvo the next morning instead. Screw that crap.

I'll never understand dealers playing games so hard. As soon as everyone can buy cars like the Tesla experience, they're so screwed.

Point45

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Vehicle(s)
19 gt350, 05 tacoma, 10 Ducati 1098SF
Not relevant to picking colors, but just had a buddy talking to a BMW dealer about a 3 series that was given this line. Ended up purchasing a Volvo the next morning instead. Screw that crap.

I'll never understand dealers playing games so hard. As soon as everyone can buy cars like the Tesla experience, they're so screwed.
I get, first rule of sales is get the product in the customers hands but your right. In this day and age its outdated.

Knowing a couple people/families that own dealerships/auto groups they have done a very good job of lobbying to keep their hold on the business model especially in CA. It is borderline illegal to buy a car without a dealer/out of state here. All under the guise of consumer protection/safety.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I get, first rule of sales is get the product in the customers hands but your right. In this day and age its outdated.

Knowing a couple people/families that own dealerships/auto groups they have done a very good job of lobbying to keep their hold on the business model especially in CA. It is borderline illegal to buy a car without a dealer/out of state here. All under the guise of consumer protection/safety.
This argument always kills me. Because consumers are SOOO concerned with paying more for convenience.

*Cough smartphones, consumption services, starbucks, Amazon, etc. *cough *cough

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I was actually looking at buying your car from villa but the sales guy wouldn't give me a number and insisted I be at the dealer to talk. I work 6 days a week, thats not happening.

Same as Fred, I was looking more at options as most of the colors looked pretty good but was leaning towards a blue or grey car. Ended up with ruby red as it was 1k more under sticker than the blue one.
That’s not cool at all.
I cut the deal over the phone on Saturday and picked it up the next day which was Fathers Day.
Was pretty seamless and was out of there in a couple hours tops.
Maybe by the time I came around they were more willing to deal. I don’t know.

Sponsored

UXXR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
All my cars have been dark gray. So Magnetic Gray was an easy choice.
Black stripes w white accents, I thought black stripes was looking better in general and with black wheels - so decision was made.

pocketAA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #850
I was looking for an R in a few different color combinations. Then i saw a lightning blue R with black stripes and that was all she wrote.
Sponsored