Sponsored

How did you decide on the color of your GT350?

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
AG being the only color available for the GT350 got me interested and after seeing it in person for the first time at Washington Auto Show, got me sold! Pictures don't do it justice. You have to see it in person to believe it.

I've seen all colors and my next favorite is Ruby Red.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jakl

Jakl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I love the understated and unique look of AG, it goes will with the bold lines of the car and offsets the back trim/wheels. Also the fact that it's only available on the GT350 and Raptor and no longer available on the 18's, I feel will make it more rare. I haven't seen all of the colors in person, but I'm sure they are all great.
I tried searching for the color availability for the 18 GT350 but didn't see anything. Did I miss something?

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
I tried searching for the color availability for the 18 GT350 but didn't see anything. Did I miss something?
For the MY18 GT350, AG is replaced with Lead Foot Gray, Grabber Blue is replaced with Kona Blue and Orange Fury is also a new color. The rest of the MY17 colors are still available on the '18.

Cfirekirch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
For the MY18 GT350, AG is replaced with Lead Foot Gray, Grabber Blue is replaced with Kona Blue and Orange Fury is also a new color. The rest of the MY17 colors are still available on the '18.
Yeah, no AG for 18', which is why I said it could be more rare, along with being only available on the GT350 and raptor previously. There is a thread on here about the lead foot gray that is replacing AG.

I love my AG with white stripes but as a second choice there is something about this combo that just works.

2017-Ford-Shelby-GT350-Grabber-Blue-front-three-quarter2.jpg

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
How did I decide on color??

Price....lol

I originally was set on finding avalanche gray, and I actually did find a used 2016 track package car with very low miles but they sold it out from under me and I wasn't happy at all. But I went on a mad search and came across the 2017 I have now for almost $2k under MSRP and it was brand new so I jumped on it. White with blue stripes was my second choice so I'm perfectly fine with what I got.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cfirekirch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
What bad ass color do I want my bad ass GT350 to come in? haha, first world problems!

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Guard Green - not available... dang.

Competition Orange - discontinued and not available on my '17.

Shadow Black - IMHO, most badass color for the car... especially without stripes.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Don't know how much time you have before you order your car but if time is on your side go to some Ford/Mustang car shows, Cars and Coffee, car auctions and probably most importantly go to as many Ford dealerships in your area as possible and look at all of the color combinations in person.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but until you actually see these great cars in person it is always a difficult decision.

For me it all comes down to Black or Red cars but certainly respect all other colors as well.

Good luck!

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
Believe it or not mine is black no stripes b/c I've been a Dale Sr. fan for most of my life. Ford vs. Chevy be damned!

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Color choice was an absolute heartache for me when I was shopping. Absolutely loved the classic white w/blue stripes, but also fell in love with the avalanche grey w/white stripes look as well. Also though Grabber blue looked particularly fantastic, both stripeless and w/white stripes.

Black has always been my favourite color but never originally considered it simply due to the upkeep of black cars; my CLA45 was a mother f'er to keep clean.

End of the day a great member on here lead me to a deal on a shadow black R w/white stripes that was already built and I went for it! Couldn't be any happier, and after having the entire car wrapped in XPEL film cleaning/maintenance of the car is a breeze and stress free. Never really considered this combo previously either because there is hardly any pictures online of it (there were only 12 Black R's w/white stripes built in 2016 for example), but dam does it look good in person. Punisher theme exemplified :D

Revel in these moments when you tearing your hair out trying to decide. They absolutely are some of the best "problems" you'll ever have in life, and IMO they are absolutely fun as having choices are always great! But as so many has said, you cannot go wrong. Whatever color you choose, once you sit behind the wheel, fire it up and take it for a drive, and realize that "hey this really is MY car", you'll fall in love with it no matter the color.

Butttttttttt, "You can have any color you like, as long as its black" :headbang: :cheers:
2017 GT350R - 4.jpg
2017 GT350R - 1.jpg

Sponsored

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
Totally agree. I would've took an R in turd brown. I could have had an R in Summer of 15 for 7500 over in any color I wanted. Dohhhh! You're a lucky youngster.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Totally agree. I would've took an R in turd brown. I could have had an R in Summer of 15 for 7500 over in any color I wanted. Dohhhh! You're a lucky youngster.
Turd brown :lol: that made me literally LOL

I had a 5K ADM on mine (Canadian Market though), and feel it was worth every penny. Understand how a lot of people refuse to pay it, but for me its a once in a lifetime car and I was afraid they wouldn't build anymore after 17'.

Consider myself extremely fortunate, and thanks to @ohhtobad that I got the car in the garage today :D

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
One of my brand new Ruby Red...not that I am trying to sway you or anything OP....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

IMG_2178.jpg

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
Gotta love the Ruby too! If Grabber or Ruby had been available in Sept '15 I would've really been torn. I was between White/Blue and Black (best color).

thehygienist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
IRISH
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
My choice came down to color depth. I like a color that looks way different in the morning light, evening light, at night, and different depending on the angle of the body. I bought ruby red sight unseen (except GT 5.0 pics). No stripes, the black roof looks like glass. The white, orange and grabber lack depth so they were out. Black is tough to maintain. I was surprised how much I liked the yellow/black and race red/black based only on contrast. The gray was too subtle for that wow factor. The blues seemed too "blue" without that bright to black color range I get from the ruby red, especially at sunset. All colors look good as others said. I don't regret the ruby red for a minute, it drops jaws in all light levels.
Sponsored