Sponsored

How did you decide on the color of your GT350?

Jakl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I've been shopping a while for a new car for myself, started way back almost 2 years ago but the wife won that one and got a 2015 Grand Cherokee.

My turn finally and I am having the hardest time deciding on a color. It's difficult, but very reassuring when every color looks fantastic to me. Some cars just have to be a certain color, but it seems like this car can pull off any paint it's offered in. That right there is what tells me this car has the right look in my eye. I had cross shopped the ZL1, but for one I don't fit, and second it really needs a couple specific colors to look decent. Just way too over the top.

Back on topic... How did everyone come to their decision on what color to get on your car? For me I've always loved and wanted a car in a really deep color. Not necessarily dark, but paint with depth. I used to have a silver LS1 Camaro and no matter how much I waxed it, the thing just looked bland.

Grabber blue really keeps me coming back. I've never looked closely in person but online it looks spectacular. Lightning blue, ruby red, and magnetic are all in the running too. The rest look amazing as well but I had to narrow it down to something. White looks awesome with the contrasting black parts but the wife's Jeep is already black and I want something a little more exciting in the color department.

So how did y'all make up your mind? Car shows, roaming from dealer to dealer, or did one just call your name?
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
What you're going through is not uncommon. I too found out that this car looks absolutely fantastic in any color, and you really can't go wrong. When I was looking online for any GT350 videos at all, one of the videos I found just displayed one of the finest(IMO) examples I had seen at that point: [ame]

It was a lower key color, but the stripes made it pop a bit more to where it isn't over the top but was still very noticeable, and it was just a really unique combo that I have never seen. I was instantly sold once I saw that youtube video.

However, Ruby Red was not available in 2016, if it was it would be in equal running with the combo I have now. 100+ of those youtube views are from me :lol:

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Avalanche gray was the only color exclusive to the shelby, not available on a regular mustang. A member here was nice enough to let me check out the car in person. Some complain it looks like primer but to me it looks very unique so i pulled the trigger on it.

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
Every buyer (probably) went through your experience. It is a tough decision and one you'll have to live with for a while. Some of the thoughts I had...

What's my favorite color? (blue)
Do I want the classic scheme? (white with blue stripes)
Is it a "ticket me" color? (Red was out for me though I like the look, this one is debateable and probably not very important)
How am I going to feel about the color in a year or two or more? (AG was on the short list but I decided it would get old for me)
Does the color cost extra? (Yellow)

In the end I narrowed it down to blue/white or white/blue and started searching.

Good luck with your decision!

Gilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, 98 Cobra
Wanted blue with white, the wife sent me a pic of her and the kid at the dealer and said we like the white with blue, guess what I bought?

Sponsored

TRAC WPN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Gt350Track
My competition orange track pack was the by far the best deal on a slightly used gt350 (300 miles used), when I went to check it out was in awe, still am

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Wanted white with blue originally. I have always loved the traditional Shelby white with blue. Then I sat in a blue with white. Saw it in person and had to have it. Then I kept going back and forth between the two. Price was the final factor. Blue with white wanted 5K over. White with blue was MSRP. White and blue it was. No regrets. My favorite color is blue but not grabber blue. The darker blue.

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
The truth is, no color is the wrong color, however there is always that one color that speaks to you. For me, it was Race Red.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
I think most of the colors look great and a few.... not so much. Hard to pick. Had to go with traditional colors (white w blue/OTT). The red pin striping on the R really pops. :headbang:

Good luck picking :cheers:

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Blue variants have always been my favorite colors in a mustang and when I ordered my GT350 I originally ordered Deep Impact Blue. I spent 3 years building my 1970 Mach 1 and when I decided that I would replace that car, I went back after a week and changed my order to Competition Orange. I am glad I did, it is a head turner, but that color is no longer available.

2%20queens_zpskyg2m3ie.jpg

Sponsored

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
As others have said, these cars look great in any color combination. That didn't help me at all. Usually, I can narrow the choice by excluding some colors. Not so with the Shelby.

I love the darker colors, but because of too many near misses in my Magnetic Gray Tacoma, I decided on a lighter color. I have always liked the classic white with blue stripes, so I ordered that. After placing the order I went back and forth. Normally I'm a decisive sort of guy, but the color choice dogged me this time. I acted like my ex-wife playing interior decorator.

In the end-game, I stuck with white/blue stripes. Love the color but it attracts a lot of attention; some good, some not so good. Maybe I should have gone stripeless or a picked a more subdued color. Nah.....

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Was tough, tough but gotta go with what you REALLY love.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
I wanted pearl white. next fav Ag

OP
OP
Jakl

Jakl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I go and rule out white but all these compelling reasons why I shouldn't. Lightning and Ruby are both available on GTs right? I might have to go look at those to get an idea. There are white, black and grabber GT350s nearby at least.

nhgaudreau

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I chose Lightning Blue with White stripes partly because one of my good friends has a 1st Gen GT350 that's dark blue with white stripes and I always thought that car looked amazing. Seeing that similar color combo on the new car looks amazing as well. BOOM.
Sponsored