How did you break in your Mach 1?

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
That’s a good lap, what were you driving?
Ford Performance modified 2015 GT. Best estimate is blend of the 2015 GT Premium with engine tuning, coolers, exhaust, and handling package suspension. I hope to open the hood tomorrow to see what else is there (compared to my 2015 GT Premium with Ford Performance Power Pack 2). The exhaust is WAY more than a stock 2015 GTP, as is the suspension.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Their warranty = their problem as long as I show I followed their break-in.
I don't know how you would show that, except for changing the oil when they say you should.

The oil burning doesn't seem to be a problem anymore, maybe Ford keeps them on the electric break in motor longer.

It is your car, break it in the way you are comfortable with. Enjoy.

TGYNYY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Got on it like I stole it the day I bought it, then took it easy for the first 1,000 miles

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I don't know how you would show that, except for changing the oil when they say you should.

The oil burning doesn't seem to be a problem anymore, maybe Ford keeps them on the electric break in motor longer.

It is your car, break it in the way you are comfortable with. Enjoy.
Easy for them to show based on the data the car is sending back to them real-time! Go check your Ford Pass app and see how close the mileage it shows is to what's on your car right now. They have the data on how you drove, unless of course you pulled the fuse on the modem in which case the data gets stored until eventually you put the fuse back in or it gets to the dealer. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but they really do know how you're driving. Really!

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'm sure engineering has access to that info but unless you held it on the rev limiter for 30 seconds every other day warranty shouldn't be denied.

Damn internet and 5g.....

How long till they match GPS and road speed limits?

Imagine getting speeding tickets like toll charges.

Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure engineering has access to that info but unless you held it on the rev limiter for 30 seconds every other day warranty shouldn't be denied.

Damn internet and 5g.....

How long till they match GPS and road speed limits?

Imagine getting speeding tickets like toll charges.
I concur, but I don't want to test the fine print until it no longer applies. For the time being, I think we're safe from GPS speed violations. The nearer term risk is EZPass (or any other electronic toll pass) timing for entry and exit since we've given one level of consent to using the pass itself. And thanks to COVID, paying in cash is mostly no longer an option, so we're forced into use the pass (and the implicit timing/speed checks) or use a non-toll road. Most of me is opposed to the idea, but given the speeds I've seen from some Northeast Corridor drivers over the past year, I'm happy to get them off the road. If I'm doing 10-over just to stay with the flow and someone blows by us all at 20+ what we're all moving at, and then does it in the shoulder, they need to be off the road permanently. (Yes, I know, eventually Darwinism will work out, but how many innocents will they kill until karma catches up with them?!)

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Ford Performance modified 2015 GT. Best estimate is blend of the 2015 GT Premium with engine tuning, coolers, exhaust, and handling package suspension. I hope to open the hood tomorrow to see what else is there (compared to my 2015 GT Premium with Ford Performance Power Pack 2). The exhaust is WAY more than a stock 2015 GTP, as is the suspension.
When you open the hood, you will find this .................

tenor.gif

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
That is the way I wish I'd have ordered mine. More subdued. Less bling. If I am blessed, while it is at the body shop, it burns to the ground. :wink: 🤣 Then I will order another FJG from Zack w/o the schmaltz. A10, upgraded wheels. Done !

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Update. I didn't get to open the hood but I talked to them about the cars. 2015 GT with intake, coolers, brakes, suspension, and stiffeners. Torque doesn't kick in until 3000 so they don't have Power Pack II (CAI, throttle body, and tune). There are some differences among the cars as the one I drove on Sunday had a higher redline. And there is the Day 2 upgrade option to get Sport Cup 2 tires. It was a blast. Now I just have to restrain myself in my A10 Mach 1, and in my M6 GT Premium since it's for sale and so has new tires.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We took it to the drag strip :)

K4fxd