How come there’s not more procharged mustangs

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
I am not sure about easy to install part. All the piping for turbo is a lot of work.
The piping was simple for the kit I bought... Extremely simple. Only involved 3 pipes and 6 couplers. 2 pipes from the turbos to the intercooler, using 4 couplers. Then one pipe from the the top of the intercooler to the throttle body using 2 more couplers. It was actually quite easy for that part. I believe the procharger has much more difficulty installing all the piping involved
Sponsored

ninjacoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
The piping was simple for the kit I bought... Extremely simple. Only involved 3 pipes and 6 couplers. 2 pipes from the turbos to the intercooler, using 4 couplers. Then one pipe from the the top of the intercooler to the throttle body using 2 more couplers. It was actually quite easy for that part. I believe the procharger has much more difficulty installing all the piping involved
Sounds like my turbo kit! Hellion Sleeper kit is very simple and well thought out.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like my turbo kit! Hellion Sleeper kit is very simple and well thought out.
Yup so many people think turbo kits are insane builds and crazy installs... Shoot this was in the car and turned on in a matter of 6 hours for the kit alone. The hardest job out of all of it was the OPG/CS

greengoblin31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang
I think a majority people are choosing turbochargers because they don't have belt slip and they are pretty diverse for what your goals are.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I am already lost.
Also what about the turbo oil feed and return lines as well as turbo coolant lines?

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
They are dangers in all these power adders,i heard of guys blowing a vaccum line off the wastegate and say goodbye to motor.And thats far fetched for that to happen,no more then breaking a crank.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
turbos is just money is all.. looking at 8 k on the cheapest.. but thats pretty close to a whipple price. the centris are like 2k less

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
turbos is just money is all.. looking at 8 k on the cheapest.. but thats pretty close to a whipple price. the centris are like 2k less
I've got less than $8k in a P1x stage 2 system with 1050x's, triple pump return system, 18 manifold, and ati balancer. Head unit was barely used(couldn't even see belt marks on the pulley), the rest was all new.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
Yeah and then by the time you add in fuel system and everything else you're at 9-10k and capped out at 850whp..

They are dangers in all these power adders,i heard of guys blowing a vaccum line off the wastegate and say goodbye to motor.And thats far fetched for that to happen,no more then breaking a crank.
Thats why you have your boost controller setup correctly so it will go into overboost and shut everything down for the most part and not let you send 30lbs at the motor

I am already lost.
Also what about the turbo oil feed and return lines as well as turbo coolant lines?
No oil feed lines here. Just T into the coolant line and run that down to the turbo. Pretty simple job again.

Sponsored

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Procharger D1x 2018 a10. Installed in my garage over the weekend “very easy install”. With the new 5.0, a10 trans, and X blower I am never out of the boost! That no low end power is crazy talk. Second time at the track I went 9.6 at 143 mph.
The upside to the turbo is ease of boost adjustability “turn a knob”. The down side is cost.
They will all require a similar fuel system, and supporting mods to make power and hold together. All of the options will make more power than a stock engine can safely hold so unless you are building the engine and trans about 800 hp is all you really need.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
Isn't a paxton/vortech kit rougly 6.5k?

LPF Twin Turbo kit is 7.4k and I've seen it even lower during black friday and income tax season.
So for an extra $900 I'd rather go with something that has way more capabilities and also is faster in general

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
My buddy bought his paxton kit from beefcake for $5200 and ran 9.3 at 148 on e85 and 3.48 pulley.

OP
OP

6ixStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 PP1
Main reason I want the LPF kit. It looks pretty damn simple being that they’re oilless turbos. I believe the estimated install time is 4-6. Just have to T off a couple of coolant lines back into the coolant reservoir from what I read.
Sponsored