Sponsored

How close you think you would be to a Auto hellcat?

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Hellcat vs GT350? lol not even close in a straight line... but over time...: (skip to 7:32 ...)

[ame]
Sponsored

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Sheesh, rough crowd....2 completely different cars, but a good ol 40 roll is always a nice comparison. The GT350 runs better then expected from a roll because it has long legs, great rpm band. Auto hellkitties run amazing at the strip on a set of tires, but autos can be tricky from a roll, depending on the downshift they are playing catch up, which is what I think of the 1st video.

Patrick, thanks for posting up your vid, keep me coming, good luck at the strip on Friday, see if you can better my 118's/stock/93.
I'm easy going - just (politely) pointed out early that it wasn't an even start. With the horsepower that cars make these days, that makes a huge difference in the results. He instantly got defensive and shitty. When you're wrong, your wrong but not everyone can man-up and admit it....instead doubling down with his lifetime drag racing resume.

He put a video on the internet saying "It wasn't what I was expecting" when there wasn't an even start.... Simple; that's why it wasn't what you were expecting. Apparently he wasn't expecting someone to disagree with him, either.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I'm easy going - just (politely) pointed out early that it wasn't an even start. With the horsepower that cars make these days, that makes a huge difference in the results. He instantly got defensive and shitty. When you're wrong, your wrong but not everyone can man-up and admit it....instead doubling down with his lifetime drag racing resume.

He put a video on the internet saying "It wasn't what I was expecting" when there wasn't an even start.... Simple; that's why it wasn't what you were expecting. Apparently he wasn't expecting someone to disagree with him, either.
I wasn’t singling anyone out, just saying the crowd was tough on Patrick and the race with the HC. We all know the HC is faster, and it’s hard to tell how that race started, but the 350 actually does better then expect when out of its element. You won’t see many of those types of vids from the Shelby M6G crowd so they are fun to watch when they pop up.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I wasn’t singling anyone out, just saying the crowd was tough on Patrick and the race with the HC. We all know the HC is faster, and it’s hard to tell how that race started, but the 350 actually does better then expect when out of its element. You won’t see many of those types of vids from the Shelby M6G crowd so they are fun to watch when they pop up.
Can agree there. I like watching some roll races but don't advocate doing it on the street - so I'm conflicted a bit there ;)

Sponsored

NTB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 Fathouse Twin Turbo, 21' GT500
I own both, a highly modified Hellcat and a stock GT350. The Hellcat is fast stock, but traction is an issue. With drag radials it's a different beast, and with 1,000 - 1300 whp it's crazy wild........ in a fun way.

I'm shipping the GT350 to Fathouse Fab next week for their TT setup. With 1,000-1,100 whp it should be very good from a roll, and decent in a 1/4 mile.

Stock VS Stock I think it's up to the driver's ability. The Hellcat will overwhelm the tires and the 350 is down on low end power.

Both are highly amusing cars!!

OP
OP

Patrick Dietrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 tech package
This particular hellcat in vid just got his back from outside Indy. Has the 4.5 whipple now. Wrong pully on it for 2 weeks. On a mustang Dyno he put down 855 on u16. Pump was 770 . We're heading to a dragstrip tomorrow. Should be a great time.
What's all done to your hellcat? That's some serious hp. Has to be a wild ride. Couldn't imagine .
Fathouse is 2hrs from me.

rj45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic Metallic
I was surprised at the outcome, too. I never thought the GT350 would hang with the hellcat that well.

OP
OP

Patrick Dietrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 tech package
I was surprised at the outcome, too. I never thought the GT350 would hang with the hellcat that well.
That's all I was trying to show people but I guess you'll have ass munchers that like to turn everything into pissing matches . I love know it alls

Sponsored
OP
OP

Patrick Dietrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 tech package
Totally forgot about this post I put up sometime ago.
Let's try this again
Me once again , this time only difference is E85. No bolt on mods.
Hellcat slightly behind but wasn't a grudge race or a who can win . 50-145 which is just about my limiter in 4th where the roll ended. I did not shut off because he was pulling back. I shut off because 145 is plenty fast and of course his hp and auto transmission was about to take over.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Totally forgot about this post I put up sometime ago.
Let's try this again
Me once again , this time only difference is E85. No bolt on mods.
Hellcat slightly behind but wasn't a grudge race or a who can win . 50-145 which is just about my limiter in 4th where the roll ended. I did not shut off because he was pulling back. I shut off because 145 is plenty fast and of course his hp and auto transmission was about to take over.

Highly recommend you take this down before the 5-0 comes knocking on your door with handcuffs and a flatbed tow truck...

OP
OP

Patrick Dietrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 tech package
Highly recommend you take this down before the 5-0 comes knocking on your door with handcuffs and a flatbed tow truck...
Lol. Really?? Thanks for your recommendation but it's obvious your clueless here.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
From a roll I was closer than I thought I’d be to a hellcat. When he passed me I realized he had temp tags.. probably wasn’t even pushing it.. was still walking me.

I also walked down a couple liter bikes once...when I caught them at the top of 5th one of them looked back and I realized they were cruising.

GT350 is quick from a roll.. really quick. Hellcat is fast.