Arzane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple Mustang
I have a base 2018 mustang gt.
I have seen many posts saying people have run 345/30/19 rears with a 19x11.5 rim in the back. Let's just take these rims as an example. https://project6gr.com/product/project-6gr-ten-satin-bronze-finish/ If I ran a 19x11.5 with the 345/30/19 will it rub? Just a bit confused that's all. Anything is appreciated thanks!
Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What type of fitment are you trying to do? You want it flush with your fenders? If it is rubbing you are worried about it probably won't be as bad, are you planning on lowering it? How far of a drop .5? 1 inch? With the 11.5 it should stretch out that 345 enough so it won't bulge. You might have some rubbing issues if you do lower too much.

Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Why? Tread width is over an inch wider than the wheel. Sounds like a bad idea in every way.

OP
OP

Arzane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple Mustang
What type of fitment are you trying to do? You want it flush with your fenders? If it is rubbing you are worried about it probably won't be as bad, are you planning on lowering it? How far of a drop .5? 1 inch? With the 11.5 it should stretch out that 345 enough so it won't bulge. You might have some rubbing issues if you do lower too much.
ive been told lowering it you can get by with about and inch nothing more though. with stock ride height im just looking to see if it will rub and the best alignment in order to prevent it from rubbing.

OP
OP

Arzane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple Mustang
Why? Tread width is over an inch wider than the wheel. Sounds like a bad idea in every way.
it fits on the wheel if thats your concern..

OP
OP

Arzane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple Mustang
It's not. Just because it can fit on the wheel doesn't mean it's the one you would pick for performance.
street roll and dig racing with a 1100 wheel twin turbo car as well as i just really like the look thats about it. 6g has a 1400whp car that runs with em. i know there are cheaper alternatives but i just like the 345 look and the outcome of it and im willing to take the time and make it work. i just want some knowledge about people who have seen it or done it.

Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ive been told lowering it you can get by with about and inch nothing more though. with stock ride height im just looking to see if it will rub and the best alignment in order to prevent it from rubbing.
Mine rub and they are on stock height but I also took a sharp turn with 2 other people in the back seat. Not very common. I also have 20s and a 35 offset.. I think if you run stock springs you will probably be okay, you might have rubbing under a load. 345's just seem so damn big on the Mustang I mean it's not a hyper car.

OP
OP

Arzane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple Mustang
Mine rub and they are on stock height but I also took a sharp turn with 2 other people in the back seat. Not very common. I also have 20s and a 35 offset.. I think if you run stock springs you will probably be okay, you might have rubbing under a load. 345's just seem so damn big on the Mustang I mean it's not a hyper car.
yeah i get it.. just looking to hook really and give it a nice look. 1150 wheel with 950 torque i had to cut out the option of 305. with a 800 wheel whipple and 305 toyos i was spinning 3rd so in my opinion this is the best chance i got. Aswell as i got a amazing deal on the wheels and was hooked up with the tires. seemed to good to be true to not give it a shit

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah i get it.. just looking to hook really and give it a nice look. 1150 wheel with 950 torque i had to cut out the option of 305. with a 800 wheel whipple and 305 toyos i was spinning 3rd so in my opinion this is the best chance i got. Aswell as i got a amazing deal on the wheels and was hooked up with the tires. seemed to good to be true to not give it a shit
I understand the look part believe me. But if you if are running around with those numbers you are going to be screwed on the street tire department might as well put some Mickey Thompson's on there. haha.

OP
OP

Arzane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple Mustang
I understand the look part believe me. But if you if are running around with those numbers you are going to be screwed on the street tire department might as well put some Mickey Thompson's on there. haha.
yeah 100 percent. i got the wheels and tires half off so i had to jump on it. Worse case ill just return them.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well if you do get them on I would be curious to see how they look.
Sponsored