Sponsored

How bad it’s really going wot all the time?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
As long as you wait for it to get to temp before WOT you're good. Be careful with back to back WOT pulls though without cooling off first.
Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
As long as you wait for it to get to temp before WOT you're good. Be careful with back to back WOT pulls though without cooling off first.
What temp do you look for? Oil temp to say normal on the dash? Cylinder head temp?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
What temp do you look for? Oil temp to say normal on the dash? Cylinder head temp?
Since I'm auto and thats the last thing to warm up, I wait for trans temp to get in the green, which I think is about 150. By then everything else is at temp. But otherwise I would wait for cyl head temp and coolant temp to reach pretty close to typical cruise level before going WOT

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I have a dedicated oil temp gauge now after OPG failure 3 years ago. The Dash readout is not that accurate or more importantly reads oil temps in the green way before the oil has really warmed significantly. I would wait until the oil temp on the dash is near middle to start beating it. I'll have to find the post I did in the past on this inaccuracy I found.

Here is my thread and data on stock gauge vs dedicated gauge. The first post has the comparison data.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/oil-temps-from-stock-gauge-suspect.68394/

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Ive gone WOT to redline in drag mode with CHT's a 185 and oil just over normal with no problems, but I have 0w30 amsoil. I kind of thought to myself is it warm enough really yet? It was after about 4 minutes from starting and 2 miles highway driving then hitting a redlight. Nothing bad happened but, I was still a bit concerned. My ambient temps were like 80-90 though.

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Bring up the temps and let her RIP!

OP
OP
SSG 5.0

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Since I'm auto and thats the last thing to warm up, I wait for trans temp to get in the green, which I think is about 150. By then everything else is at temp. But otherwise I would wait for cyl head temp and coolant temp to reach pretty close to typical cruise level before going WOT
Oh damn. I haven’t really look at the trans temp. I know it’s there but my gauge one shows afr to oil temp. I’ll start scrolling down a couple more to take a peek. I honestly think that the cht temp goes up quickly. I’ll check those again maybe this weekend.

OP
OP
SSG 5.0

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have a dedicated oil temp gauge now after OPG failure 3 years ago. The Dash readout is not that accurate or more importantly reads oil temps in the green way before the oil has really warmed significantly. I would wait until the oil temp on the dash is near middle to start beating it. I'll have to find the post I did in the past on this inaccuracy I found.

Here is my thread and data on stock gauge vs dedicated gauge. The first post has the comparison data.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/oil-temps-from-stock-gauge-suspect.68394/
Well that really sucks if our gauge is stupid. I guess I’ll drive it normal a little longer if that’s the case. I’ll go back to old school warming the car up for 10 mins before driving lol. That’s something though about the separate oil gauge.
Sponsored