How are your seats holding up?

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
No visible wear or wrinkling at 11,300 miles. Redline Premier Premium. Non-Recaro.
10 months later, no wear at 15,000 miles.
Sponsored

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I think someone hit the nail on the head concerning the wear on the bolster on the driver's side. Someone posted that the likely cause is entering and exiting into a confined seating are and your hip/butts are rubbing it. One feature that I use is the auto seat retract in the driver settings that moves the seat all the way back when you turn off the car. This really makes it easy to get in and out.

Thought I'd share.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
My car has 14k and is ~20 months old. I have the Redline Recaro, leather seats. There is virtually zero wear on the bolsters on the driver seat. I keep my seats conditioned, too.

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Standard leather seats, Ceramic. 16k miles.

I'm only weigh 155lbs and my driver's seat is showing a bit a wear already. Nothing to be alarmed about, but it is somewhat surprising. The foam in the bottom cushion's left-side upright support seems to be getting squishy and wrinkly prematurely, particularly in the area closes to the seat back.

Perhaps it's a result of the way I'm forced enter my car because of my seating position/chronic back pain. I often find myself smashing it with my butt and sliding across during ingress, but like I said I'm only 155lbs so I wasn't expecting it to be wearing already.

Also, I don't wear cheap suits but I've had to clean faint blue stains off the same area once or twice. It's probably no fault of the seat or leather itself, but the stains always remind me how much I still want the Dark Saddle leather. That color would have gone perfect with my first Mustang which was Guard along with my current Oxford White but I never found ANY Mustangs with Dark Saddle either time.

I had never even seen a Mustang with the Dark Saddle leather until just this past weekend when I saw an Oxford White/Dark Saddle convertible. Damn was I jealous.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I think someone hit the nail on the head concerning the wear on the bolster on the driver's side. Someone posted that the likely cause is entering and exiting into a confined seating are and your hip/butts are rubbing it. One feature that I use is the auto seat retract in the driver settings that moves the seat all the way back when you turn off the car. This really makes it easy to get in and out.

Thought I'd share.

Auto seat retract? Is that only an available feature that comes with vehicles equipped with the seat memory buttons?

I also agree that excessive or premature wear is being caused by how the operator enters/exits the vehicle.

I don't have any such wear on my Ceramic leather - but then again, I also don't slide, rub, or make constant contact with the bolster when entering/exiting.

Sponsored

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Standard leather seats, Ceramic. 16k miles.

I'm only weigh 155lbs and my driver's seat is showing a bit a wear already. Nothing to be alarmed about, but it is somewhat surprising. The foam in the bottom cushion's left-side upright support seems to be getting squishy and wrinkly prematurely, particularly in the area closes to the seat back.

Perhaps it's a result of the way I'm forced enter my car because of my seating position/chronic back pain. I often find myself smashing it with my butt and sliding across during ingress, but like I said I'm only 155lbs so I wasn't expecting it to be wearing already.

Also, I don't wear cheap suits but I've had to clean faint blue stains off the same area once or twice. It's probably no fault of the seat or leather itself, but the stains always remind me how much I still want the Dark Saddle leather. That color would have gone perfect with my first Mustang which was Guard along with my current Oxford White but I never found ANY Mustangs with Dark Saddle either time.

I had never even seen a Mustang with the Dark Saddle leather until just this past weekend when I saw an Oxford White/Dark Saddle convertible. Damn was I jealous.
I always wanted the dark Saddle color in many of my cars. I finally broke down and got it with the Oxford White. It's actually getting built today, so I'm about three weeks out. After having tan leather in one vehicle, I'll never do it again. It's either black or saddle. Just go to your local auto show and look at all those cream colored interior seats. After a few days, they turn blue from everyone getting in and out with their jeans on.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
My seat is holding up quite well, thank you, I do a lot of cardio in the pool and it has really built up my legs and gluts :D

Terry

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible

Thought I'd share.
and its so dam cool also
get in the car, press the start button, and the seat moves you into place, Steph calls her Thunderbird 1
:D

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Auto seat retract? Is that only an available feature that comes with vehicles equipped with the seat memory buttons?
Yes I believe so. My 2013 F160 has the same option. I love it. Only thing is it almost goes back too far to push the clutch in comfortably when starting. So I just push the start, the seat moves forward. And I start as usual. :thumbsup: