redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Less than stellar. Car has less than 400mi on it, and I am extremely careful in placing my 140lb ass in the seat. Car is a premium with standard leather.

I'm afraid to bring it in to Ford, because I just know they'll scratch something else taking the seat out. Whether it be the plastic trim or the paint in the jamb.
Pretty much exactly how mine looked and looks at about the same mileage. I have over 3k on it now and it only got slightly worse. I would not bother with a replacement of the seat cover. It will only happen again. I will have a interior guy repair it when it gets a little worse. And one repair would likely outlast the cars life with me as the owner. I only keep a car 1-2 years. And the repair would be cheap and seat and stays in the car not to risk other damage like you mentioned. The interior repair guy we use at work is awesome! You would never know that any mark was there.
Sponsored

1966 Sunbeam Tiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Aston Martin Vantage
6667.2 miles....very disappointing. Will be making a warranty claim. I am not a COP with a gun belt either.

6g Smoke Show

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
My ceramic's are holding up well, 9500 miles, drivers seat does get dirty fairly quick though.

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
A lot of the issues people are seeing with their leather seats is due to them being dirty. Dirt/grime are absolutely the biggest enemies for top coated leather as they will get in the grain and then continue to be ground in until they break through the coating and a crack appears. Couple this with rubbing pants/etc across the higher wear (and therefore dirtier) areas and you see a lot of leather issues on side bolsters.

The good news is this is as easy to prevent as vacuuming your car and wiping the seats down with a quality interior detailer (I use Einszett 1Z Cockpit Premium as it is safe on all surfaces from your nav screen to your carpets and works flawlessly with a matte finish). Highly recommend this product and keeping up with your leather.

The leather stretching and loosening is an interesting problem that is exaggerated by the perforated seats. The issue is that your sweat and skin oils are actually getting into the leather backing behind the top coat through the perforations which are uncoated. This additional moisture causes them to stretch a bit and sitting on them helps the cause, but obviously can't be avoided.

More good news: Easy fix there too, if you aren't too far along. Take the aforementioned product (1Z Cockpit Preimum) and a medium bristle interior brush (I use Swissvax 1.25" round brush with medium handle but use what suits you best) and spray 3-4 sprays on the brush head, work it to a lather (it will foam) on each section of the seat individually (don't do too much at once or you'll screw it all up and it will streak and dry badly) then wipe that off with a clean microfiber cloth. Don't use a damp cloth, don't excessively wipe it.. .just an even swipe over the surface and get any excess from the seams and stitches (1Z and the brush is what you want to use to clean your stitching as well, incidentally). Put your car in the sun and let it dry there all day, the leather will stiffen up a bit from cleaning out the oils and also contract as it dries from your intentional and controlled application of product.

Once dry, get another clean MF towel and wipe down your whole interior (you should know by now to spray product on the medium you are using to apply rather than on the surface you are treating, and if you don't please enjoy your streaks and spots) including the seats themselves. Leave overnight. No sticky feel, no slick feel, no shine, just what looks like leather that came off of the 2017 brochure shoot.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I have 28k miles now in a little over 1.5 years, the seats are still perfect. No marks, no scuffs or no tears.

Sponsored

1966 Sunbeam Tiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Aston Martin Vantage
Took my car by the dealer. The service manager took pictures of the area and said that Ford will most likely have him replace the top leather seat cover. The black leather fading got his attention.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I think the premiere trim option leather will bar none hold up better then just the standard premium trim leather. It just seems a lot higher quality.

DJinAC

More cars than brains
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Super Black Nissan Altima SL
My premium option leather is wearing on the top of the left bolster.

ITSMEPAUL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
6667.2 miles....very disappointing. Will be making a warranty claim. I am not a COP with a gun belt either.

The seats are designed with the side bolster part that its inevitable that the wear you depicted will occur no matter what.

Its the way your getting in and out. I noticed the same thing happening from day one. Easy fix is before you get out of the car recline the seat back angle all the way back and when you get in ..you pop it up-right.
If you find a dealership that will replace them on warranty. Your one lucky person.

Sponsored

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
My seats are holding up fine in the upholstery department (cloth). But my driver's side seat bottom has an issue where it will "click" left or right a minuscule amount. It doesn't really detract in any way its' just a bit annoying to be getting in the car or going around a corner and the seat bottom will emit a clunk noise and move ever so slightly.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
My seats are holding up fine in the upholstery department (cloth). But my driver's side seat bottom has an issue where it will "click" left or right a minuscule amount. It doesn't really detract in any way its' just a bit annoying to be getting in the car or going around a corner and the seat bottom will emit a clunk noise and move ever so slightly.
Happens to me too. That's the teeth of the seat lever fully engaging. When we move our seats it doesn't fully "click". You'll also noticenjoy a difference in the seat back position from left to right sometimes.

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
Anyone with cloth Recaro's having issues with them making a squeaking noise ? Almost like they are rubbing on the hard plastics of the center console......

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Anyone with cloth Recaro's having issues with them making a squeaking noise ? Almost like they are rubbing on the hard plastics of the center console......
Not yet. Just got minor wear on the bolsters right now.
Sponsored