Sponsored

How are your seats holding up?

AoAIronman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Ruby Red Manual
Was anyone elses drivers side seat slightly loose in the butt region when they picked theirs up. I have premier redline leather (non recaro) and i feel like the leather shouldnt be that loose within a matter of a few days.
Sponsored

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Was anyone elses drivers side seat slightly loose in the butt region when they picked theirs up. I have premier redline leather (non recaro) and i feel like the leather shouldnt be that loose within a matter of a few days.
Yeah I've got that same thing and it's bugged me since right after I got it. I wonder if the leather wasn't cut right or if it wasn't stretched tight enough when it was installed onto the seat.

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
Mine driver seat bottom was a touch loose when I drove her off the lot, but that was in February with a previous October build date. 11 mos and 6000 miles later they're no worse, so I guess like some of the panel alignment etc was just a bit off out of the factory.

AoAIronman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My custom Katskins are still nice and tight...it's my sagging behind that's loose!
Ford cant fix your saggy but for you unfortunately. Would be nice though. Lol. Hopefully the seats will stay exactly the way i got them and not get even more loose as time goes on. Im gonna let my dealer know that im not happy with it at least.

Sponsored

AoAIronman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My custom Katskins are still nice and tight...it's my sagging behind that's loose!
Just imagine mandantory mustang meetups mandated by ford that make you do yoga in order to keep your leather seats from ruining.

Mvalenti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange
10k on my 2015 GT Premium, I'm 205lbs, 5'11"... Look brandy new, the leather seats... Me, I'm worn out....

twiggr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2015 Mustang GT
Seeing quite a bit of wear on my '15 cloth seats around the seatbelt retainer and lower side bolster. Also, alarmingly the cloth on the seat bottom has become completely unattached from the foam underneath. Discovered this while vacuuming. I've never seen this happen except in very old cars.

Rubedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Magnetic 5.0 Redline Recaro
Redline Recaros still look perfect! 12k miles and almost 2 years old. I've never cleaned or conditioned them either, I'm 5'7" at 190lbs.

Sponsored

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Seeing quite a bit of wear on my '15 cloth seats around the seatbelt retainer and lower side bolster. Also, alarmingly the cloth on the seat bottom has become completely unattached from the foam underneath. Discovered this while vacuuming. I've never seen this happen except in very old cars.
That's definitely concerning! I haven't read many complaints about the cloth seats. I actually got the impression that they were holding up better than the factory leather.

And I'm guessing seats are wear/tear so no warranty.

Thanks for sharing! Any pics?

-Emt1581

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That's definitely concerning! I haven't read many complaints about the cloth seats. I actually got the impression that they were holding up better than the factory leather.

And I'm guessing seats are wear/tear so no warranty.

Thanks for sharing! Any pics?

-Emt1581
My cloth seats are holding up great after almost 30,000 miles. No wrinkles.

NowhereFast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem. PP, 1999 WS6,2010 Expedition

Less than stellar. Car has less than 400mi on it, and I am extremely careful in placing my 140lb ass in the seat. Car is a premium with standard leather.

I'm afraid to bring it in to Ford, because I just know they'll scratch something else taking the seat out. Whether it be the plastic trim or the paint in the jamb.

stevelp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GT PP
Mine are a bit looser than than I'd like after 6000 miles. I figure its just ford quality, as I only weigh 150lbs, and only drive about 40 mins a day commuting. They look like my old BMW with 35k+ miles on them. I figure when it gets bad or when I get around to recovering my hard surfaces, I'll re do my seats as well. I wana do some kind of suede inserts like my 09 GTR.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I can tell my cloth seats are wearing at 7000mi. I weigh 170lbs and try to be gentle too.
Same here. I have about 11K+ and I'm about 175-180. It's always and the edge of the side bolsters. I try to be careful with it as well.
Sponsored