Sponsored

How are you protecting your car in your garage?

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Divorce comes to mind.
Or teaching some courtesy. My friend's kid ran up with a board to hit my car and I nearly ripped the little shit's face off... I get mad thinking about what would've happened if I wasn't standing right there. My friend laughed and said "we don't like Ford's" jokingly. I knew he was just messing around but a kid doesn't. So I grabbed the board and marched up to his charger. He freaked out, and told his kid to stay away from my car.
Sponsored

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
I'm only in it a couple times a week and it has it's own room.

Almost like being married, only the car has been cheaper so far.

Grabber Lime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edward
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
i use a thick indoor cover in my garage

Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Many people are so inconsiderate today. I posted this a long time ago but feel it may add some humor to this subject.
I came out of a Mall a while back and as I approached my parked car a woman was digging through her pocketbook on my trunk lid. Many of these pocketbooks have small metal feet that scratch big time. I approached cautiously and asked "What are you doing"
She gave me a dirty look and said "I'm looking for my keys" "I said here let me help you" Then I grabbed her pocketbook and threw it across the parking lot. I then got into my car and slowly drove away, checking her in my rear view picking up all her junk. I had a brand new 2011 GT at the time and I will never forget that day it put a smile on my face.

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
Since it's not my daily driver, I park it in my Mother in law's garage, since she doesn't drive anymore. Plenty of room there. And she lives close by.

20201013_153010.jpg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
You know if you fall out with your misses the mother in laws going to make your car pay ... :shock: :cwl:

Only messing, that garage looks great :like:

WD :like:

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
I have orange cones at entrance to the 2 car garage, no issues in 4 years.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
I just bought my own home and left my girlfriend, the mustang has the entire garage to herself. My F150 stays outside ;)

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Would send it to the animal shelter right quick.
I would take the Mustang to the Junk yard and have it crushed into a cube before I take Jesse or any of my animals to an animal shelter. I have adopted several animals from the shelter, I feed stray animals, rescue them when I can, and pay for vet car out of my own pocket. Jesse was a stray kitten who showed up in my yard one day and was living in my outside boat before we adopted her. Jesse is part of my family while the Mustang is just a car.

I feel sorry for anyone who loves a car more than a pet. That is just sad.

Last edited:

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
thread is too long and have not gone through it all so I will just post my idea in case someone did not already say it.

1. Car cover is fine. A buddy of mine has classics in his garage and uses a cover but also puts terry cloth or microfiber cloths hanging down the sides as insulation to 'thicken' the protection. Sometimes goes so far as to leave the fender covers on them too.

2. We always grabbed a remnant of carpet and just hung it on the wall. Cheap insurance to prevent those delicate edges from chipping. Trap the top edge between a 1 X whatever and screw through the board and then the carpet into the wall.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I dont think dust hurts cars. so I dont cover them personally. in spring I just use a hose and rinse all the stuff off.
Sponsored