HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Take a drive to warm up oil. Drive car up ramps. Slide under. Use Femco drainer to send the old oil into a receptacle. Remove Femco drainer. Use a 7mm nut driver to open the trap door for the filter. Replace the filter. Raise trap door and secure with 7mm screw. Lift hood. Replace oil cap with @pilotgore funnel (pics below). Pour in new oil. Replace funnel with oil cap. Close hood. Back car off ramps. Pour old oil into jugs new oil came in. Set aside to recycle in large batches. Log oil change in Ford.com account.

1667248572697.png

1667248600275.png
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Take a drive to warm up oil. Drive car up ramps. Slide under. Use Femco drainer to send the old oil into a receptacle. Remove Femco drainer. Use a 7mm nut driver to open the trap door for the filter. Replace the filter. Raise trap door and secure with 7mm screw. Lift hood. Replace oil cap with @pilotgore funnel (pics below). Pour in new oil. Replace funnel with oil cap. Close hood. Back car off ramps. Pour old oil into jugs new oil came in. Set aside to recycle in large batches. Log oil change in Ford.com account.

1667248572697.png

1667248600275.png
Lookin good!

To this day, that’s probably my favorite color combo of funnel and caps. Out of the 400 some sets I’ve made, that may be the only blue/red combo.

Thanks for the shout out!

Bullit69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Love me some oil changes!! I get hard every time I change the oil and I unscrew the oil filter.

BTW what kind of oil y’all using ? 0-20 good, should I use 5-30 or some 0-40 or 5-50. Also what brand ?

Just Kidding…. 😂

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
To this day, that’s probably my favorite color combo of funnel and caps. Out of the 400 some sets I’ve made, that may be the only blue/red combo.
Well, just lucky I had blue stripes and red and blue letters in the engine compartment.

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Lookin good!

Thanks for the shout out!
@pilotgore are they still available thru eBay? I remember them but didn't pull the trigger.

Thanks in advance...

Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
@pilotgore are they still available thru eBay? I remember them but didn't pull the trigger.

Thanks in advance...
You might be thinking of the oil filter guide for the pp1 cars. I’ve only ever sold through the forum. I make oil adding funnels for pretty much every ford dating back to the mid 90’s, oil filter guides for the gt350 and gt500, and we’re slowly working on an oil filter guide for the Mach 1.

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
You might be thinking of the oil filter guide for the pp1 cars. I’ve only ever sold through the forum. I make oil adding funnels for pretty much every ford dating back to the mid 90’s, oil filter guides for the gt350 and gt500, and we’re slowly working on an oil filter guide for the Mach 1.
Sorry you are correct. Was the oil filter guide. You can PM me if have something available or for future order.

Thanks in advance...

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
No...I used to in my younger years, but now I just have my neighborhood shop do the filter and fluid changes. They have a lift and the large oil collection device. I've sworn off "on-the-back" maintenance several years back, and will continue to have my local shop do this deed. I do however still empty and clean both my catch cans on the Focus and the newer Mustang.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
I change my oil when the computer says "go" ... Which turns out to be once per year, so I do it when I swap to the winter tires. Jacking rails and stands to get all 4 wheels off the ground. I have to remove the air dam for better access to the filter (tried it once without and it was a big mess). Then the usual process, with an oil sample included for Blackstone.

And it seems every time as soon as I crack open the drain plug the wind has to kick up so that when it is almost completely drained that last thin ribbon gets blown all over the place.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I change my oil when the computer says "go" ... Which turns out to be once per year, so I do it when I swap to the winter tires. Jacking rails and stands to get all 4 wheels off the ground. I have to remove the air dam for better access to the filter (tried it once without and it was a big mess). Then the usual process, with an oil sample included for Blackstone.

And it seems every time as soon as I crack open the drain plug the wind has to kick up so that when it is almost completely drained that last thin ribbon gets blown all over the place.
A solution: Femco drain valve with hose on drainer that ends at the bottom of whatever receptacle you use.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I ve alway thought of getting one of those, but something scares me about going under it. I use several floor jacks and jack stands . I m sure there safe, it s just me.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I ve alway thought of getting one of those, but something scares me about going under it. I use several floor jacks and jack stands . I m sure there safe, it s just me.
Jacking the Mustang from one side and then the other was the very reason I purchased one.

I cannot think of a more unstable way to get a car in the air. To rest and on a set of jack stands than that.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Jacking the Mustang from one side and then the other was the very reason I purchased one.

I cannot think of a more unstable way to get a car in the air. To rest and on a set of jack stands than that.
I get what you are saying, I have 4 floor jacks and raise the car as equal as I can and then back that up with 4 stands.
Sponsored