Sponsored

How are the stock Mustang leather seats holding up?

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
The seat bottom where you sit sags horribly where you can almost pick up the slack in it when you get out. Doesn't really return to normal either.
My seat bottom looks like that also. What causes that? Is it fairly common? Wondering if I should bring it up my next dealer visit.
Sponsored

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
My seat bottom looks like that also. What causes that? Is it fairly common? Wondering if I should bring it up my next dealer visit.
My dealer told me its normal and from what I've seen online, it's just poor quality leather/vinyl.

Reactions: GOM

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Looks like I posted too soon,my car isnt even a month old and the drivers seat (cloth) is baggy on the seat pad and stretched out

Im horrified with how appalling the quality is on these

florida _mel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0l 2004 Town Car
I have a 2017 GT Premium with leather, heat, and cool and 31000 miles. No problems, just don't like black here in mid Florida. They are in fine condition and use the usual products. Might get some dye if I can find a reasonable facsimile of my Lincolns light Tan/beige (whatever they call it)>

Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

I have a 2017 GT Premium with leather, heat, and cool and 31000 miles. No problems, just don't like black here in mid Florida. They are in fine condition and use the usual products. Might get some dye if I can find a reasonable facsimile of my Lincolns light Tan/beige (whatever they call it)>
I take my seat covers off in the winter. Put them back on in the summer when it gets hot.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Since the OP asked 8 months ago I assume he's already made his decision.
But for anyone else looking I'll add my 2 cents.
'18 EB convertible Premium. It lived for a year in Florida owned by Enterprise Rent a Car. When I bought it in July of '19 it had 33k and the seats looked overall really good. After having the car a couple of months I noticed that a couple of the tiny dots of leather in the seat bottom, between the perforations, had flaked off leaving just the backing. It's barely noticeable unless you're really looking for it. Ford refused to do anything about it because it was not on a seam. The car is my DD and approaching 60k miles. Other than what I described the seats look great and nothing has changed or gotten worse.

For perspective, the leather seats in the wife's '14 fusion se, heated but not cooled, still look new at about 70k. The seats in my '12 Edge sel with 160k miles have some mild wear lines but no splitting or even cracking.

femtosecond

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium
Got the same seats as ripto (2017 Premium) with 42k miles on it and I can confirm that the leather doesn't quite return to its original shape. That in itself doesn't bother me too much but what's worse is that I start to see some deterioration of the top layer of the leather. I always keep my car very clean, never wear dirty or rough clothing and I've always treated the seats with leather conditioning about 3 times a year. Yet, they show this wear. If anyone has any recommendation how to fix this, that's be appreciated.
IMG_0819.JPG

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I've had the stitching tear at the top where the seat belt strap gets pulled forward and rubs against the seam. First time it was replaced under warranty, second is now but I'm just living with it since I've lost caring for these seats anymore.
Sponsored