Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
I fill my cup holders with ice...…………………(Joke)
Sponsored

Last edited:

BlueDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP Mustang GT - Ruby Red
I had this problem on my '17 after I installed my Boomba shifter. I had to pull up the rubber shifter boot to get it to fit and apparently when I put it back together I didn't get it in all the way so it would leak hot air from around the transmission into the console. I know mine is a 17 but I think Ford may have changed the shifter boot before '18 because mine didn't match the ones in the direction from Boomba. So I would pull up the center console and check that the rubber boot is sealed all the way. As soon as I did that my heat issue went away. It's really easy to remove the console and it's much easier than trying to squeeze your hand in the small space that you get when you just pull up the leather boot.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2015-mustang-center-console-removal.18704/

BlueDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh and mine would get especially hot when I had the windows down vs up with the HVAC going. I'm pretty sure having the HVAC going pressurized the cabin preventing the heat from entering.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I have never noticed this heat issue on my '15 GT.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
As stated by some of our members the shifter boot or insulation not properly seated contribute to the heat problem Here's a tip: Pull the console, shifter boot, and any insulation, around the shifter hole. Purchase some Dyna Mat or equivalent and carefully Cover the floor and console area with this sound deadener and heat insulator. This is somewhat a PITA but do it once and problem solved. My 2018 is a six speed, I did this and not only is there no heat the trans is whisper quiet. Just saying.

Sponsored

BlueDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As stated by some of our members the shifter boot or insulation not properly seated contribute to the heat problem Here's a tip: Pull the console, shifter boot, and any insulation, around the shifter hole. Purchase some Dyna Mat or equivalent and carefully Cover the floor and console area with this sound deadener and heat insulator. This is somewhat a PITA but do it once and problem solved. My 2018 is a six speed, I did this and not only is there no heat the trans is whisper quiet. Just saying.
That's a good idea. I just re-seated my boot and it pretty much fixed my hot console problem but keeping it even cooler and quieter sounds even better.

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Mine gets warm around the shifter boot, if i lower my hand and sit it in the boot area. The dash doesn't seem to get hot, but haven't felt anything besides the boot. I kinda like it actually, very soothing. I'll have to see if the plastic around gets warm too. Key word is warm, it's never "hot".

BlueDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine gets warm around the shifter boot, if i lower my hand and sit it in the boot area. The dash doesn't seem to get hot, but haven't felt anything besides the boot. I kinda like it actually, very soothing. I'll have to see if the plastic around gets warm too. Key word is warm, it's never "hot".
Mine would get hot enough that if I had a metal water bottle in the cup holder it would get to hot to hold.

OP
OP
thunderstrike

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
I will be doing this.

tukn20s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
That happens on my 17 GT premium on hot days. when its cold out it does not get hot. i usually put my cell phone there.

Sponsored

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Its a special feature to keep your burger warm...lol

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I have not checked mine, although my wife said her book, left on the floor beside the tunnel, was quite warm the other day after a 1.5 hour drive in the highway, top down. I would not be surprised to find a shifter seal not installed properly. In a thread in the convertible forum one of the guys suggested checking under the back seat for water. I did, no water, but both seals over the fuel pumps were not seated correctly nor were the smaller seals around the wiring harness, which meant I’d been driving the car a year with it partially open to the outside. Ford obviously has to improve its quality control.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I have the A10 premium and sides of center console get pretty warm, but not hot to touch.

Lime1GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I had the same problem with the heat. Was under the car one and noticed the shifter to tunnel boot was partially lifted allowing heat to enter the console. Took some time to finagle the lip back to seal from under the car but solved the heat problem. Then it separated a second time as the shifter assy dropped by mistake as I was installing my Blowfish shifter support. Again took some time to reseal from underneath but I didn't want to repair from top side.
Sponsored