Sponsored

Horse power gains!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
I’m looking to see what to expect in gains from stainless works 1-7/8” long tubes,
Muthathumper cams, 47lb injectors, and voodo intake manifold with 87mm throttle body?
Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
You don't need injectors unless you're going e85 on a gen2.

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Romeo Quadraflio, 2018 TT GT Prem, 22 GT
I wouldn't make any wagers on that. I know you tried (and I emphasize tried) to be sarcastic but it's not true.

OP: check out the series where they tested this on a dyno https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/ford-coyote-update-new-stage-3-cams-dyno-592-hp/
Did you read that article? Do you see how many supporting mods they did in addition to some dyno numbers I am pretty skeptical about.

They are claiming near a 100 hp increase with stock cams and stock intake.

I'm not saying he cannot reach those numbers by doing work to it but if he plans on making 600 hp (at rhe crank) at 8000 rpms on a NA motor he has a lot of supporting mods to do also or he can say good bye to that engine.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Those mods with a dyno tune and I would expect at least a decent 50 to the wheels with a crazy top end march. I'd be interested to see how it plays out.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Did you read that article? Do you see how many supporting mods they did in addition to some dyno numbers I am pretty skeptical about.

They are claiming near a 100 hp increase with stock cams and stock intake.

I'm not saying he cannot reach those numbers by doing work to it but if he plans on making 600 hp (at rhe crank) at 8000 rpms on a NA motor he has a lot of supporting mods to do also or he can say good bye to that engine.
Yep, read them all including the porting article. Did you read the OPs list of mods? Not an apples to apples but it's a basis of comparison. Seemed more helpful than more than 1 but less than 50.

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Romeo Quadraflio, 2018 TT GT Prem, 22 GT
Yep, read them all including the porting article. Did you read the OPs list of mods? Not an apples to apples but it's a basis of comparison. Seemed more helpful than more than 1 but less than 50.
Well yea I will give you that. I still think its going to be 40-60HP gains max with a tune that is going to last. What you linked is someone spending 3 or 4 times the amount of money OP is.

Sure you could get more out of it if you wanted but you would be really stressing the stock OPGs and overall timing chain of the engine. It would be a matter of when, not if it blew up.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
You will get some good gains out of that setup, say around 50-60 however I would personally stick with the stock throttle body and if you hadn't planned on it, look into E85 as it is hands down going to be the biggest benefit for you. If you have any questions about what compliments your setup the best, do not hesitate to give us a shout anytime. Lethalperformance.com
Sponsored