Sponsored

Hood vent missing a piece and Ford part numbers?

Ardy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost
Hello,

From the day I bought my 2019 car 18 months ago, I noticed one of the hoot vents was loose and wiggling. I bought some nuts from the hardware store and tightened down on the existing screw threads which had no nuts bolted to them from factory. It fixed the wiggling issue.

Now after a rainfall I see a whole pool of water on the plastic bumper lip that is positioned above where the radiator would be.

One side is missing this piece underneath the hood vent

132638.jpg

I don't see how this would prevent water from getting inside so I'm assuming everyone just has a puddle inside their engine bay after a rainfall

Also how the **** do parts.ford.com part numbers work? Lets say I want to order this part from a dealer. What's the ACTUAL part number cuz the dealer said that's not a part number they can use. And they're right. A part number is something like "7C3Z-9601-A" not "16C630"
1611014244524.png

Thanks
Sponsored

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I have a 15 so I don’t know about the part specifically, but the part number with dashes is more like the Ford part number scheme......

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The hood liner is covering both vents on my Bullitt. I can see slits where the water leaks to the engine compartment, but the slit is only on the passenger side. Since the air filter is on the driver's side, there's no slit there, so the water probably exits over the radiator cover.
Sponsored