Hood struts for heavy hood-where to find them

alex.yellowstangs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alexandra
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT and 98 Cobra
I have Ford Performance hood struts on the factory hood of my 17 GT. After installing a stainless steel hood pad it added some weight to the hood. The struts still hold it up fine but I'm a little worried that when I'm at shows, the wind might slam the hood shut. I don't have the original rod on there anymore because of the radiator cover and radiator extension covers. Does anyone have any advice for me on which hood struts to look for? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
I have Ford Performance hood struts on the factory hood of my 17 GT. After installing a stainless steel hood pad it added some weight to the hood. The struts still hold it up fine but I'm a little worried that when I'm at shows, the wind might slam the hood shut. I don't have the original rod on there anymore because of the radiator cover and radiator extension covers. Does anyone have any advice for me on which hood struts to look for? Thanks in advance.
I had the same problem when I installed a Cervinis Ram Air Hood. After dealing with the hood slamming down due to wind a couple times, I went with the Steeda struts which had no problem with the extra weight.

OP
OP

alex.yellowstangs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alexandra
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT and 98 Cobra
I had the same problem when I installed a Cervinis Ram Air Hood. After dealing with the hood slamming down due to wind a couple times, I went with the Steeda struts which had no problem with the extra weight.
Thank you I was actually looking into them together with the Cervini struts.
Sponsored