2016 RR GT/CS
I hope not. Ever seen hood pins?
They would prevent a hood unlatch.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Only thing to watch out for are the cops, and Waze does a pretty good job at that.
Just remember, someone has to be "the first" to report a speed trap to Waze...

It's that thought that always keeps me from pushing that right pedal down just a little bit more, even when it seems that the coast is clear!

Turbo Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP
And yet, there's lots of them around, particularly in the west and northwest suburbs (Ford country)
Heck yeah!

I see at least 5 Mustangs a day. Most days I see 10. 50% of them are S550 because Ford offered GREAT lease deals to Ford upper level employees on them.

Of course, I'm not IN Detroit, rather 20 minutes from it.

Jww92201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I had hood lift on the highway the other day, I was going about 85 but accelerated to 100, looked like the hood was going to fly open and smack the windshield.

After I arrived at my destination I opened the hood and closed It again from dropping It at chest length drop, I don't notice any shaking or anything that would worry me now, so I guess just make sure when you close your hood It's completely locked/secured?

Sponsored

filmamigo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang V6 fastback
Never had any hood lift on my 2012. This weekend I thought the hood on my 2015 was going to fly right off. It was dancing and rippling. I stopped to check the latch just to make sure everything was ok.

This wasn't at ludicrous speeds either -- 65MPH +. Yes it was a bit windy, but not a hurricane.

Of course, this was a V6 with no venting in the hood. I've never thought about hood pins til now.... if I put an aftermarket hood on, I will seriously consider venting and pins.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I notice the Mustang hood while heavy you really have to drop it to get it shut good.

RouteAbel

2015 GT PP, Magnetic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, Magnetic
I had a hood latch fail on my 1995 Ford probe at about 75Mph when I was on a congested highway. Did quite a bit of damage and my underwear were a complete loss.

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB PP / 2011 Focus EB Titanium
I think it's important to know that these cars are now being sold all over the world, not just in the good ol USA. I'm surprised at the number of people saying "slow down" or "you're crazy."

These speeds may seem excessive for the average driver however in some places this is very normal.

I am thankful that somebody has been pushing these vehicles to their limits so long as they are staying safe and driving to their abilities and in the right conditions. I'm looking to purchase one soon and will have the ability to drive significantly higher than the posted speed limit anywhere in the USA and as such I am very interested in any US spec car at these speeds.

This hood problem is concerning and I wonder if anybody with a Eurospec vehicle can chime in and report on their experiences?

Can we stop this public witch hunting of people pushing speeds?

Enjoy the car but please do so safely! :headbang:
Eurospec reporting here. The behaviour is exactly the same. At 190kph it starts wobbling and at 220kph+ (about 140mph+) it feels like it's gonna fly off. I was worried at first but then everyone who owns any american pony/muscle/sports/huge car tells me this is normal. But anyway, at speeds above 240kph the car does not feel safe to me anyway, so I did it only a few times to see what's what.

So they did not change anything for Europe. I don't really mind though, it's one of those things that makes a Mustang for me.

thewoodscrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Base
What about using the GT500 hood vent? I've seen some pictures fox bodies with them cut down to fit and it looks pretty nice.

Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
There is a great YouTube video a 2015 Mustang GT verse a Dodge Viper. I don't remember if they mention how fast they were going but watch the Mustangs hood lift. I didn't open airport run in mind in speeds of 140+ my hood lifted but it's still on there!!!

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
I mostly enjoy the acceleration and handling of my car, so I never reach most of the high speeds mentioned in this thread, but I've never had any hood lift up to 100mph. Am I the only one?
I did notice some posts mentioned issues as low as 65-70mph?

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
That is easily fixed with the rubber hood stops on the back side of th hood.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
LOL...you live in Florida. I-75 south of highway 10 to ocala. If you are nnot doing 100 you get ran over. Just sayin. People want to get on vacation.
my parents live right next to 75 and I grew up driving on it daily, it is literally one big race track. my 30 mile stretch I know exactly where any cop can be sitting. You encounter some sweet cars on there as well since I grew up in sarasota
Sponsored