Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
just please don't drive fast on 2 lane roads, and after being hurt badly by someone driving stupid I'm sensitive about it. Some roads can be done safely. Just not when placing danger to others.

ps ohio must suck to live in.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BluByeU

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I completely understand your concerns - all very valid!
just please don't drive fast on 2 lane roads, and after being hurt badly by someone driving stupid I'm sensitive about it. Some roads can be done safely. Just not when placing danger to others.

ps ohio must suck to live in.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Guys, can we keep this thread clean of moral lessons. The concern raised was of hood fluttering at high speeds - lets discuss that.

I have not had that happen, but do feel the front end feel a bit loose >110 mph compared to my old BMW M6, which was totally buttoned down. I like this car far more though :-).

I also saw this! (below). It's vented too!

There could also be some significant weight savings as well I assume. The stock hood is pretty heavy.

http://cortexracing.com/product/2015-ford-mustang-tiger-racing-louvered-hood-carbon-fiber/

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
:frusty:
You didn't even bother to research the subject, did you? Yes, they are overall that bad; otherwise our ranking would not be in free fall like it is. The last time civil engineers graded our overall roads, they received a D+; that's pretty darn close to failing.
No one needs to research if you know the roads your driving on...geez think for yourself for once, and not base all your decisions on some article with an agenda. There are plenty of roads quality enough in the states to handle triple digit speeds. Just as there are plenty you should not. Give it a break. High speeds are a judgement call, it's not always dangerous.

As the person above has said, Ohio roads do suck so it is understandable that you feel the way you do.

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
Guys, can we keep this thread clean of moral lessons. The concern raised was of hood fluttering at high speeds - lets discuss that.

I have not had that happen, but do feel the front end feel a bit loose >110 mph compared to my old BMW M6, which was totally buttoned down. I like this car far more though :-).

I also saw this! (below). It's vented too!

There could also be some significant weight savings as well I assume. The stock hood is pretty heavy.

http://cortexracing.com/product/2015-ford-mustang-tiger-racing-louvered-hood-carbon-fiber/
That hood is made by Tiger Racing and I had one on my 2010. The carbon version is light but really rough and not made to take a fine finish. The fiberglass version doesn't save much if any weight over the stock aluminum hood. That is why I went with the vent which actually lightened my hood by a few ounces. Also the 2010 hood is smaller than the 2015 hood. So while the 2015 hood feels heavy the fenders are lighter.

Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
All these people tweaking must've never broken the speed limit, ever.... lol

I keep my racing to the track, mostly, but we've all done on ramp/highway pulls. Anybody who says otherwise is a damn liar.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It really depends on the location. Here in Illinois, almost all the roads and highways are terrible. However, in places like Nashville where they see little snow and ice, the roads are perfect.
I'm sorry, but the roads here are far from terrible. I grew up in Illinois, have lived in the suburbs most of my life and recently came back from two years in Michigan. Illinois does not have bad roads in comparison, not at all. Go drive in and around the Detroit metro area and reevaluate.

MultiMediaWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Magnetic
I'm sorry, but the roads here are far from terrible. I grew up in Illinois, have lived in the suburbs most of my life and recently came back from two years in Michigan. Illinois does not have bad roads in comparison, not at all. Go drive in and around the Detroit metro area and reevaluate.
Compared to the South, the roads in Illinois are terrible. Compared to Detroit, the roads in Illinois are great.

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
All these people tweaking must've never broken the speed limit, ever.... lol
Going over the speed limit and doing 140mph on a US public road is drastically different.

One = ticket
The other = good luck keeping your license and/or ass out of Jail

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Compared to the South, the roads in Illinois are terrible. Compared to Detroit, the roads in Illinois are great.
Fair point on the south in comparison. The freeways in Texas are very nice and smooth.

The crazy part is, Detroit and Chicago see pretty much the same weather. They use much shoddier road building materials and methods, as well as a type of snow plow that just tears them up.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
OMG I would never own a Mustang in Detroit!

Even driving at walking speed is ruining everything under your car. I asked a friend who lives there and he explains how it all comes down to the politics of the various districts. Sheesh.

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OMG I would never own a Mustang in Detroit!

Even driving at walking speed is ruining everything under your car. I asked a friend who lives there and he explains how it all comes down to the politics of the various districts. Sheesh.
And yet, there's lots of them around, particularly in the west and northwest suburbs (Ford country)

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Hood pins add a warm fuzzy feeling...
Sponsored