Hood Lift at high speeds

AmerikanishesPferd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saab 95 1.9T Hisch
Completely agree. In a non-congested area, 130 feels like a dream with a little tunnel vision. 160+ my adrenaline is through the roof so much I start laughing for no reason lol! But 100 is a safe cruising speed on interstates in the U.S. with light traffic and no rain, just pay attention and stay off the phone. Can't speak for the 550, but the S197 did a great job on those speeds with virtually no shaking. I wouldn't imagine the S550 being anything less. Only thing to watch out for are the cops, and Waze does a pretty good job at that.
My current ride tops out at 135 and it's always fun when I get the chance. I don't normally hold it there for long but I typically do not feel like I'm driving unless I average between 90-110 MPH over here depending on weather conditions and traffic congestion.
Sponsored

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
No one needs a lecture on what you feel is right and wrong. So no, no one needs moral orel. People dont care. You going to start telling people to stop taking off their cats too?

morel orel :lol::lol:

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
Hmm guess me going 150 in mine and topping out my 1000cc sport bike at 186 (governed) was childish and I shouldn't do it again..... Just kidding!

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Sorry but I'm not putting hood pins on my car... Unless it's a race car where they're needed it's just ricey to have them. The stock latch does it's job well enough for me.

Any one else get the back pain sensation after going that fast and the adrenaline kicks in? I was running 120 or so next to a 14 GT on a toll road one day and got it about half way through the run. But it's a nice curvy 3 lane road so it was amazing. Luckily the FHP wasn't out that day... We weren't racing one bit just mutually having a great time leading and following. Nice to come across other folks that aren't trying to race just enjoy the ride.

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
Omg is anyone else on here sick and tired of hearing everything called ricey!? For the love of god they are hood pins, not neon underglow or "stanciing" your car like a civic. Hood pins have been used on muscle cars since the mid 60's

Sponsored

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
I think it's important to know that these cars are now being sold all over the world, not just in the good ol USA. I'm surprised at the number of people saying "slow down" or "you're crazy."

These speeds may seem excessive for the average driver however in some places this is very normal.

I am thankful that somebody has been pushing these vehicles to their limits so long as they are staying safe and driving to their abilities and in the right conditions. I'm looking to purchase one soon and will have the ability to drive significantly higher than the posted speed limit anywhere in the USA and as such I am very interested in any US spec car at these speeds.

This hood problem is concerning and I wonder if anybody with a Eurospec vehicle can chime in and report on their experiences?

Can we stop this public witch hunting of people pushing speeds?

Enjoy the car but please do so safely! :headbang:
I believe you are completely ignoring the major issue here, US roads (freeway's included) are utter shit! 99% of our roads were not designed that well to begin with and upkeep has been laughable at best. Small potholes everywhere, uneven surfaces, derbies, trash, etc. Therefore, yes, it is very stupid to be going these speeds on US roads regardless of how good a driver you are.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I believe you are completely ignoring the major issue here, US roads (freeway's included) are utter shit! 99% of our roads were not designed that well to begin with and upkeep has been laughable at best. Small potholes everywhere, uneven surfaces, derbies, trash, etc. Therefore, yes, it is very stupid to be going these speeds on US roads regardless of how good a driver you are.
Not all roads in the US are utter shit. Maybe in your city or state.

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
I said 99%, not all. However, its common knowledge that public roads in the USA are subpar.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I said 99%, not all. However, its common knowledge that public roads in the USA are subpar.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Still 99% is still quite reaching. Id say 50% of the roads are shit. Ive been on tons of fine roads over the US. Sure there are shitty spots everywhere, but our roads are not nearly as bad as you make it out. In some states the roads are bad mostly throughout. It just depends.

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
2016 GT here non PP - 100 - 110 on a private paved 2 lane farm road on private property outside of Charlotte. - I saw the hood LIFT.. but it wasn't that bad. I wasn't able to HOLD 110 for long but I didn't see any weirdness in the hood.

I had 2 things going for me I think.

1. when i got my car the hood fenders and front end panels were all perfect. Only my trunk was slightly mis aligned to one side and after tightening the bolts on 1 side and loose it on the other side it fell right into place. I think its when your panels are slightly out of alignment air rams into the front end and gets in the creases lifting the hood.

I'm not sure how the dynamics work but i THINK that is what happens. Isn't air that comes through the front grill supposed to wash over the engine nad through the BACK of the hood near the bottom of the front windshield?

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
Still 99% is still quite reaching. Id say 50% of the roads are shit. Ive been on tons of fine roads over the US. Sure there are shitty spots everywhere, but our roads are not nearly as bad as you make it out. In some states the roads are bad mostly throughout. It just depends.
I would highly suggest reading about America's failing infrastructure and how we continually keep dropping in overall rank. This is not just my opinion....

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I would highly suggest reading about America's failing infrastructure and how we continually keep dropping in overall rank. This is not just my opinion....
That doesn't change the fact our roads overall don't look as bad in most places as you make it out to be. Im not saying they are awesome, but they are not that shitty in most places for some triple digit speeds. Anyone that does triple digit runs on shitty stretches is a fool.

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
That doesn't change the fact our roads overall don't look as bad in most places as you make it out to be. Im not saying they are awesome, but they are not that shitty in most places for some triple digit speeds. Anyone that does triple digit runs on shitty stretches is a fool.
:frusty:
You didn't even bother to research the subject, did you? Yes, they are overall that bad; otherwise our ranking would not be in free fall like it is. The last time civil engineers graded our overall roads, they received a D+; that's pretty darn close to failing.
Sponsored