Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
My take is this...Ford Performance has a working relationship with Anderson as evidenced by the plan for Anderson to produce certain composite parts that will be available for sale exclusively through FP. It's all about networking and figuring out a way to make things work that either corporate or their attorneys would likely say no to. Leverage the relationships you have and climb the ladder to the next level. If you hit a roadblock you find a way around it. Sometimes failure here is due to a lack of effort and sometimes because the bureaucracy is simply reluctant to agree to work together on a given solution. Either way, it never hurts to take a shot regardless of how dim the outlook may be. I'm well aware of Ford's current position on certain production pieces being made available at a "discount" by them being sold through FP. They frown on it for the most part. But if you're good at what you do, you can often sway the unswayable...

Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with on the decklid.
I received an answer. That answer was no. I was told that FP will have various CF parts available soon (from you know who), but there is no way parts are discounted for owners.

Tob, if your concern is for me, don't worry about it. I will have it all together for the big weekend (as long as this Covid crap doesn't get out of hand again).

Yes, there is always another way. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine.

Jdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOSH
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350 whipple charged, 1972 Camaro SS pro touring
Anderson Composites told me that the hood pins Ford has on the 500 hood are proprietary. Considering they were always correct about the 500 hood lines not matching the 350, I believe them.
They are 100% correct! I have 2019 gt350 and wanted the factory 500 hood bad, saw that I had the cutouts in the radiator support so I thought I was in business. I started this project b4 the 500s were released to public. Come to find out the whole thing is a little different from width, to how it fits the rear curves of the fenders! Along with the curves above the wheel wells! After countless hours did make it work in the end

20200614_085612.jpg

20200614_153944.jpg

luc13fr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zeke
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
So I just got the AC hood and now I’m in this dilemma, any alternatives?

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
They are 100% correct! I have 2019 gt350 and wanted the factory 500 hood bad, saw that I had the cutouts in the radiator support so I thought I was in business. I started this project b4 the 500s were released to public. Come to find out the whole thing is a little different from width, to how it fits the rear curves of the fenders! Along with the curves above the wheel wells! After countless hours did make it work in the end

20200614_085612.jpg

20200614_153944.jpg
I remember your project. That was some great work!

Jdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOSH
Vehicle(s)
Smart on Ford's part, keeps the gt500 dna intact unmolested, no clones driving around.

Most likely there is not a physical difference, only prt numbers.

Keeping in mind, there are only so many ways to skin a cat.

like the corvette chase for number matching cars.
Sorry bud but I got the best of both worlds with a manual transmission

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
So I just got the AC hood and now I’m in this dilemma, any alternatives?
Are you averse to disassembling your stock hood and reusing your existing hardware?

Jdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOSH
Vehicle(s)
Are you averse to disassembling your stock hood and reusing your existing hardware?
Have fun trying to remove lock assembly's outta the hood! They have double sided tape holding them also! Heat gun and lots of luck

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree, doesn't sound all that appealing.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I ordered my carbon fiber hood today. I am still researching the feasibility of the Anderson carbon fiber decklid. Nobody wants to assume liability for whether the wing mounts will stay on or the decklid cracking. I'm afraid that I won't know until I buy one. Since it is a composite item, I don't know why it couldn't be reinforced with more carbon fiber.

inspecto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I ordered my carbon fiber hood today. I am still researching the feasibility of the Anderson carbon fiber decklid. Nobody wants to assume liability for whether the wing mounts will stay on or the decklid cracking. I'm afraid that I won't know until I buy one. Since it is a composite item, I don't know why it couldn't be reinforced with more carbon fiber.
because that would be too easy!

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
because that would be too easy!
No, it comes down to product liability. For the same reason you can't get a torque setting for a certain titanium lug nut, nobody is really able to certify that a decklid is suitable for a big ass wing.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you looked into a Multimatic CF GT4 decklid? Not cheap nor easy to obtain but you and I both know a guy that may be able to facilitate. At least you know it'd work as it was designed to hold the wing. May take some work to fit the plastic trim panel and lockset/latch/camera though...

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Have you looked into a Multimatic CF GT4 decklid? Not cheap nor easy to obtain but you and I both know a guy that may be able to facilitate. At least you know it'd work as it was designed to hold the wing. May take some work to fit the plastic trim panel and lockset/latch/camera though...
And I was speaking to that guy. Maybe I should ask, but I dont want to piss him off with a bunch of stupid ass emails.

By the way, what is his drink.of choice? He wouldn't say. And don't tell me he don't drink, lol

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, he's good about it. Working on some unobtanium through him now. He got it done when nobody else could. I will say this though, he's a busy guy and sometimes hard to get ahold of. As for beverage of choice I can only say that I've been there when victory was in the air and he knows how to partake in proper celebration and deservedly so. :)

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350

20200614_085612.jpg

20200614_153944.jpg
Were you able to use the mounting locations on the radiator support for the pins?