Sponsored

Hood ding - anyone fix on their own?

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
A cooler in my garage fell off a shelf onto my hood, creating one small round ding and two small linear dings. Was thinking maybe I could push out the round one from inside. Has anyone tried this? Also, how does the inside hood cover come off - do you just pull on it? Don’t wanna mess anything up.
Sponsored

Powercat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 year edition
A cooler in my garage fell off a shelf onto my hood, creating one small round ding and two small linear dings. Was thinking maybe I could push out the round one from inside. Has anyone tried this? Also, how does the inside hood cover come off - do you just pull on it? Don’t wanna mess anything up.
You'll never get it to look good doing it yourself. Go to a reliable paintless dent removal guy and it will be perfect. Probably less than $100 and you'll save yourself a lot of stress and wasted time. I have a guy I use whenever I get a small door ding, etc. He charges me $20-40 bucks and it takes him 10 minutes or less. He actually fixed my whole car when it had hail damage on every horizontal surface. You can't tell it was ever dented.

65 Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 X5M
Aluminium is much harder for a PDR gu and the hood is aluminium. Aluminium does not have a memory like metal.

A good PDR guy can normally look at pics via text and tell you.

Powercat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 year edition
Aluminium is much harder for a PDR gu and the hood is aluminium. Aluminium does not have a memory like metal.

A good PDR guy can normally look at pics via text and tell you.
Front fenders are aluminum too.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
PDR for sure, but a single small ding here where I live is 135 on up. I've had 2 fixed, one on my truck, one on my car, you cant tell they were ever fixed on either. Still cheaper than the alternative.

Sponsored

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
I'd recommend what others have already suggested, leave it to a pro. I had a garage mishap, too. The business end of a large floor squeegee fell and left this ding. PDR guy was able to get it out, you'd never know it there. I watched him work, there's an art to it. Plus you'd need the right tools to do it right. Lots of things can go wrong, crack the paint or make it worse and more expensive to fix.

34517846896_3fbebd0eb2_k.jpg

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Show us the after pics catchthecarp

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
+ on PDR, the side of mine was beat by a malfunctioning carwash, PDR fixed all my dents..
Sponsored