Hood and Fender Gap Uneven at Front

nc.pnw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
N
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
The hood and fender gap on my new 350 is uneven from front to back. At the front above the headlight, the hood and fender are almost touching. I have already adjusted the fender by loosening the front bolt and pulling the fender out. It is pulled out to the limit and it is still very close. My driver side is perfect though. I am wondering if the tip of the fender was deformed from factory. Has anybody else experienced this problem? I know there are the typical gap issues, but this seems different.

20200702_142717.jpg
20200702_142645.jpg
20200702_142625.jpg
Sponsored

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
As you said, fender/ hood alignment on 2015 through the current MY have alignment problems. Take it to your dealer and see if they have someone competent enough to correct it without making it worse.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I work with body shops almost daily. A friend is going to adjust mine in the near future.
I’d take it to a body shop if your Ford dealership doesn’t run one. One of the guys could set you up on the cheap. Just get approval through the owner first. You may need to widen the adjustment hole to bring it further out???

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Given the paint and panel gap issues on these cars, I made the conscious decision to park my OCD and not inspect things too closely. I've learned from past experience that trying to correct small issues often leads to worse problems in a spiraling cascade of BS that ultimately ruins the car for me.

OP
OP

nc.pnw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
N
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I work with body shops almost daily. A friend is going to adjust mine in the near future.
I’d take it to a body shop if your Ford dealership doesn’t run one. One of the guys could set you up on the cheap. Just get approval through the owner first. You may need to widen the adjustment hole to bring it further out???
Doing so would also widen the gap in the rear given the "front" adjustment point is very far back.

Sponsored

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
Right on Fred, my RR 19 hood & fender gaps were terrible. I would cringe every time that I went to close the hood.
The body shop fixed that up when I had the BS vinyl stripes removed and painted on. The shop had to make the fender holes bigger on the drivers side fender to get enough adjustment. If you really want to see how "Good" or "Bad" the body looks, get on the ground and look up at your car...Guess that "Performance" over fit and "Finish" is where its at ! :headbang:

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
The hood and fender gap on my new 350 is uneven from front to back. At the front above the headlight, the hood and fender are almost touching. I have already adjusted the fender by loosening the front bolt and pulling the fender out. It is pulled out to the limit and it is still very close. My driver side is perfect though. I am wondering if the tip of the fender was deformed from factory. Has anybody else experienced this problem? I know there are the typical gap issues, but this seems different.

20200702_142717.jpg
20200702_142645.jpg
20200702_142625.jpg
Mine was the exact same way. Just took it to the dealer and told them to fix it.

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
As others have said, it's super easy to do. Just loosen the front bolt, adjust and re-tighten.

Sponsored

Deleted member 37397

Is the front end sitting in all of the alignment pins?

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I've already done that. The front is pulled out all the way in the pictures.
how the hell did the hood shut before you did it?!

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Wouldn’t even waste time worrying about it.
Won’t matter at all when you go to trade the car in.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Wouldn’t even waste time worrying about it.
Won’t matter at all when you go to trade the car in.
Well maybe he plans on keeping the car some time and would like the gaps to as close as possible to look like they should be. Its insane that these GT 350's are such a beautiful designed car but yet Ford doesn't care about unsightly gaps during production. Absolutely no quality checks or they don't care. Both my 16 and 17 had the hideous rear fascia side gaps so bad you could see the tabs. And most that do the TSB to correct that it it isn't any better. My 17 had a much wider gap on one side of the trunk lid. My local body shop with Ford paying fixed that. They wouldn't tell me how but I would say they stuck a 2x4 in there and sprung it back till gaps even. And those that reply will say, its a performance car drive it and except the flaws, its no big deal and that other manufactured vehicles are just as bad (which is probably true) but that still don't make it right.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Well maybe he plans on keeping the car some time and would like the gaps to as close as possible to look like they should be. Its insane that these GT 350's are such a beautiful designed car but yet Ford doesn't care about unsightly gaps during production. Absolutely no quality checks or they don't care. Both my 16 and 17 had the hideous rear fascia side gaps so bad you could see the tabs. And most that do the TSB to correct that it it isn't any better. My 17 had a much wider gap on one side of the trunk lid. My local body shop with Ford paying fixed that. They wouldn't tell me how but I would say they stuck a 2x4 in there and sprung it back till gaps even. And those that reply will say, its a performance car drive it and except the flaws, its no big deal and that other manufactured vehicles are just as bad (which is probably true) but that still don't make it right.
100% agree makes me wonder if the BMWs or Audi’s are any better...
Sponsored