Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
Hello Fellow Mustang Members,

Calling all Hawaii Mustang locals for some help on planning out my 5 day - 4 night stay in Honolulu.
I will be going next Week on Friday through Tuesday and am looking for some help and local knowledge.
I'm staying at Waikiki Beach any must see's, must do's and local eats would be greatly appreciated.

So far I know i want to see Pear Harbor and then a traditional Loua dinner

I know im late behind but any advice would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:
Sponsored

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
First and foremost, Go Ravens!

Secondly, I wouldn't call myself an expert but I have been to Honolulu twice, although most recently was about 5 years ago.

As you said, Pearl Harbor is a must see.

I would recommend a trip to the North Shore if you have time. If I recall, it takes about an hour or so if you take the highway up the middle of the island (Dole plantation is somewhere in between). We rented sea kayaks there and had an amazing time! You can kayak to these little islands and hang out on the beach there.

Also, Diamond Head State Park is awesome! You're basically hiking the inside of a volcanic crater. It's also not far from Waikiki.

Our last trip we stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Great place to stay with a great beach. Besides that, just walk around Waikiki. There's plenty to see and do. We did a luau at the Polynesian Cultural Center. Can't remember exactly where it was now. I think it was near the North shore (maybe on the eastern side) if I can remember correctly.

With that length of trip, you prob won't have much time to check out the other islands but that's fine. There's plenty to do on this one.

Some other cool things we did:

- Snorkeling in Hanauma Bay, which is a cove of sorts.

- A visit to Turtle Bay Resort. Amazing place (this was the hotel from the movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall). At the time we went, the sea turtles were coming up to the beach to lay eggs. They had security around them to rope them off so people wouldn't touch them but still pretty incredible to see. Best to do this while you're visiting the North Shore.

- If you're into golfing, there are some awesome courses.

Have fun!

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
First and foremost again... "Oooo, Oooo ooo oooo,oooooo" Who are we? RAVENS!

Z06psi is a local, he's stationed there. I've been multiple times and highly recommend Diamond Head park. Get out and learn how to surf too, one day lessons are cheap. Go see Pearl Harbor, the USS Arizona memorial, the Bowfin, and for Loua the best option is Jermaines. It's a bit of a drive but they do shuttles from Waikiki.

OP
OP
Tweezy7

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
Glad to see some other Ravens flock members on the site!
Thanks guys for the quick responses [MENTION=10449]evolve[/MENTION]d [MENTION=16735]MSMStannyl[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15779]z06psi[/MENTION] got any local restaurant or ideas ?

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Restaurants?

Big money? Hys, Top of Honolulu, Ruth's Chris

Middle ground? Yardhouse, Cheesecake factory, Hardrock, Dukes in the morning for breakfast.

Cheap? Shrimp shacks on the North Shore. Kuhuku grill is our favorite. Maui Mikes chicken in Waihiawa. Zippy's everywhere.

Pearl Harbor is must. Luau Paradise Cove, top of Kokohead before sunrise, snorkeling in Hunauma bay, Lanikai beach

Skydiving at Dillingham is a must.

Last edited:

Skidmark82

Professional ChairHolderD
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PPP/'94 RX7/'15 Macan Turbo/'10 FX35
Born and raised Hawaiian native... if you like shrimp, go to Ted's Bakery up in North Shore and get the Garlic Shrimp and maccaroni salad. Looks run down- but good plate lunch and while you are up there go to Waimea Bay.

OP
OP
Tweezy7

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
Thank You [MENTION=15779]z06psi[/MENTION] & [MENTION=23668]Skidmark82[/MENTION]
I appreciate the feedback :headbang:
Looks like this is going to be a great trip

OP
OP
Tweezy7

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
Last thing guys any good date dinner locations on the water ? You know girls "Romantic" dinners
Seeing a lot of dress slacks and what not, more casual I'm only bringing shorts and jeans for the plane. Unless slacks are a must, i thought it was humid on the island

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
Hello Fellow Mustang Members,

Calling all Hawaii Mustang locals for some help on planning out my 5 day - 4 night stay in Honolulu.
I will be going next Week on Friday through Tuesday and am looking for some help and local knowledge.
I'm staying at Waikiki Beach any must see's, must do's and local eats would be greatly appreciated.

We have an office there so I go every year to Oahu. Here is my list:

1. Dukes Restaurant Waikiki
2. Lanikai or Kailua Beach- lots of water sport activities here.
3. Glider Ride- Dillingham Airstrip. Walk around Haweiwa before or after. The hike out to Kaena Point is great if you like to walk/hike. If so hit me up as I have some other great ones.
4. Turtle Bay Resort- great beach that is open to the public. Park at Turtle Bay and walk around. Awesome Dinner spot for a nice romantic dinner at Pa'Akai with ocean views.
5. Northshore Beaches- Sunset, Pipeline, Sharks Cove all great.
6. Haunuama Bay-cool water area.
7. Diving-some nice wreck diving close to Waikiki if you're a diver.
8. The drive to the North Shore through Kaneohe is great. Lots of great beaches and scenary. During the week is much better than doing this on the weekends. Weekends can be crowded (especially in the summer).

That should keep you busy.....

Sponsored

Skidmark82

Professional ChairHolderD
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PPP/'94 RX7/'15 Macan Turbo/'10 FX35
pa'akai is nice. Lotta places are kinda relaxed. Like z06 said Hys is nice but I think that one is dressy

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Last thing guys any good date dinner locations on the water ? You know girls "Romantic" dinners
Seeing a lot of dress slacks and what not, more casual I'm only bringing shorts and jeans for the plane. Unless slacks are a must, i thought it was humid on the island
Dukes is nice. Buzz's steakhouse in Kailua is decent as well. Beach right across the street.

Only humid on the island when the trade winds aren't blowing.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Born and raised Hawaiian native... if you like shrimp, go to Ted's Bakery up in North Shore and get the Garlic Shrimp and maccaroni salad. Looks run down- but good plate lunch and while you are up there go to Waimea Bay.
Rent a mustang ,get up to the north shore and try Giovannis shrimp truck as well just by the Turtle Bay resort
Very envious
Cheers
Phil

OP
OP
Tweezy7

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
Man [MENTION=15779]z06psi[/MENTION] you are one lucky man. This place is beautiful!
First day did Waikiki beach and dinner at Hard Rock
Dukes breakfast this am, and visiting Hanauma beach. I'll try to post some GoPro pictures from my iPad having a blast so far

Got a North Shore tour scheduled tomorrow as well as swimming with turtles. I'll be sure to stop at the garlic shrimp place
Thank you all for the recommendations really helped me out on this trip

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Honestly it is just another place. I honestly can't wait to leave after almost 7 years being here. Lol..

Glad you are having fun. Make sure you skydive. lol
Sponsored