Sponsored

Honestly, who prefers the GT 5.0 over GT350?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
What did you expect from a bone stock car?
What were you expecting from a Camaro troll? :crackup:

On topic: there's a ton of responses in this thread that are really saying, "I prefer this option/variant that's NOT available on the GT350", like an automatic, or a convertible. If those were filtered out, and we took the manual coupe owners/buyers, and got the prices a touch closer, I wonder how many of those folks wouldn't opt for the GT350?

Seriously, I was shopping a manual coupe, I'd be looking for a CPO'ed GT350 ... I think ... :crazy:
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
You are basically reducing it to a choice of engines, one suited for the street and one suited for track.

Skate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang convertible
I didn’t know you couldn’t FI the GT350?
Hennessy will do it. I don't know much about them. It's a partial rebuild, they kept the flat plane, changed the pistons & took the compression down a point. Would probably cost around 20k. They claim it has the same drivability, reliability. It sounded like Godzilla on the video!

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Hennessy will do it. I don't know much about them. It's a partial rebuild, they kept the flat plane, changed the pistons & took the compression down a point. Would probably cost around 20k. They claim it has the same drivability, reliability. It sounded like Godzilla on the video!
I have seen several FI GT350's on the internet by different tuners.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I think you will see a lot more forced induction on flat plane crank engines. Flat plane cranks are easier to make and FI overcomes lack of low-end torque.

Sponsored

AnalogDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT – 6MT, 401A
Absolute trash heap of a company. Stay far away from Hennessey.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Is that from experience or just what you read on the internet?

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Is that from experience or just what you read on the internet?
Are you sure you owned a Mustang? I looked through a lot of your posts and did not see a single pic of your car. Also, why are you on this site if you hate Mustangs? Doesn't the GM site give you enough to talk about, because you certainly don't add any value to this one. Lastly, it seems many people have you set to ignore, maybe that should tell you something about your "content value".

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Are you sure you owned a Mustang? I looked through a lot of your posts and did not see a single pic of your car. Also, why are you on this site if you hate Mustangs? Doesn't the GM site give you enough to talk about, because you certainly don't add any value to this one. Lastly, it seems many people have you set to ignore, maybe that should tell you something about your "content value".
Race Car.png
SliceofGT350.jpg

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Mustang GT.JPG

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I have a friend who bought a low mileage, used Hennessey Viper Venom. It required a great deal of remedial work to correct what seemed to be engineering or construction flaws.
Absolutely! I helped a friend rebuild a low mileage Hennessey Viper Venom. The poor workmanship and cheap parts were unbelievable. He got it cheap because he knew there would be these things. But, it was worse than expected.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I am guessing that you found these pics of other peoples cars? Can you show a link on this site that you posted a pic of your car?

Any reason why you ignored my question on why you even bother to post here?

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I am guessing that you found these pics of other peoples cars? Can you show a link on this site that you posted a pic of your car?

You sound like a hater and you are trying to pick a fight.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I didn't know that I had to answer to you? Who are you?

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I have a friend who bought a low mileage, used Hennessey Viper Venom. It required a great deal of remedial work to correct what seemed to be engineering or construction flaws.

Absolutely! I helped a friend rebuild a low mileage Hennessey Viper Venom. The poor workmanship and cheap parts were unbelievable. He got it cheap because he knew there would be these things. But, it was worse than expected.
So he bought a used Dodge Viper with the Venom package, correct? Were the Viper parts cheap and poor workmanship?

Because this is all that comes with the Venom Package. What engineering are you talking about?

upload_2019-8-13_10-53-53.png
Sponsored