Honestly, who prefers the GT 5.0 over GT350?

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I'll stick with my 18 GT. This is my bone stock GT running a 70 GSX last year. 1/3 the cost of the Stage 1 GSX currently, it is a way better performance car at a great value.
Ho hum, boring.

Advertisement

LSchicago

Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
What did you expect from a bone stock car?
My expectations were justified by the outcome. Of course you were going to win. Boring. That's like racing my ZL1 against the GT350R, of course I am going to win. Boring is when you know the outcome before it happens. So, boring.

LSchicago

Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
My expectations were justified by the outcome. Of course you were going to win. Boring. That's like racing my ZL1 against the GT350R, of course I am going to win. Boring is when you know the outcome before it happens. So, boring.
I wasn't the one who brought the Buick GSX into this comparison. I just wanted to show how the GSX matched up to a GT since no one else on the forum posted a video of both......

Last edited:

Bladex10

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
I was never a fan of the GT350 as a $60k car plus all the crazy adm's, but seeing them in the mid to low $40k now has completely turned me onto them

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I was never a fan of the GT350 as a $60k car plus all the crazy adm's, but seeing them in the mid to low $40k now has completely turned me onto them
I would not trust a used one.

Genxer

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I've never driven a GT350, but one thing I can compare is sound. I much prefer the sound of a cross plane crank Ford. The 350s are more rare than a garden variety GT which makes them a bit more interesting, but I'm not sure I would have bought one had I been looking at that price point.

Skate

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang convertible
Its obvious you have never driven a 350...
No it isn't, what's obvious is that you have never driven a stage two mustang. I know you love your car, and you should, it looks & sounds bad ass & has some serious grip. When got done driving my friends R and got back in mine, I felt like I was in a rocket. It just didn't thrill me like my Vert does. Put another 125-50 down to the wheels, then you'll have something special.

5.2 liters of democracy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350, 2019 Performance Blue Raptor
No it isn't, what's obvious is that you have never driven a stage two mustang. I know you love your car, and you should, it looks & sounds bad ass & has some serious grip. When got done driving my friends R and got back in mine, I felt like I was in a rocket. It just didn't thrill me like my Vert does. Put another 125-50 down to the wheels, then you'll have something special.
Why don't you share what you've done to make your car faster than the R.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Another 150 down sounds like my ZL1

Skate

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang convertible
Why don't you share what you've done to make your car faster than the R.
I put a Roush stage I supercharger on the car, and it dyno'd at 525. ( no "adjustments" in the dyno ) Then I went to stage II which is supposed to add another 57 hp at the crank, so it probably has around 550 to the wheels. It also has Steeda linear springs, shocks, struts, sway bars, Borla cat back and a 3.73 rear end. It's almost like an everyday supercar. Drives normal until you get on it, then it lets loose. It still has half down Pirrellis on it. When they're gone I'll give it some 4s's.

5.2 liters of democracy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350, 2019 Performance Blue Raptor
I put a Roush stage I supercharger on the car, and it dyno'd at 525. ( no "adjustments" in the dyno ) Then I went to stage II which is supposed to add another 57 hp at the crank, so it probably has around 550 to the wheels. It also has Steeda linear springs, shocks, struts, sway bars, Borla cat back and a 3.73 rear end. It's almost like an everyday supercar. Drives normal until you get on it, then it lets loose. It still has half down Pirrellis on it. When they're gone I'll give it some 4s's.
I believe people think you're saying your car will outhandle a 350 in the turns, which it won't. That's physics. On a straight road, the supercharger is obviously going to do some work.

Skate

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang convertible
I believe people think you're saying your car will outhandle a 350 in the turns, which it won't. That's physics. On a straight road, the supercharger is obviously going to do some work.
No I'm not saying that, it won't. But it does pretty well. It's a vert and I have no plans on tracking it. The car is a gas to drive. The 350 just doesn't have the surge that I never get tired of.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I got the chance to talk/hang with an apparently local '17 GT350 owner. We talked for a while and both left to go to another establishment closer to home. He led the way taking the country back roads and I can tell he was on it during s turns and curves. I knew horsepower wasn't an issue but I wasn't concerned with that, I thought here was my chance to run with a GT350 (which I rarely see around) to see how mine handled and kept up with all my suspension upgrades listed below. I will admittedly say that holy sh*t he handled those turns very well which I expected, and wow that exhaust sounded good. Mine handled those turns very well also, he didn't lose me anywhere. He himself mentioned how I kept with him at our next stop. Now I realize we weren't on an open track and we aren't experienced racers, and I'm sure as h*ll not here to bash the GT350, how can I? But it was nice to see what my hard earned money got me in Steeda suspension upgrades, and wheels and tires.

Advertisement

15 - Steeda - 5

Advertisement