Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1969 Torino GT
50F95D35-CEE7-4F87-A8B3-C0DEE0A0DE0E.jpeg
F3A4A1ED-F101-47DF-BF62-E7FBB93863D4.jpeg
1BC2B5BE-1E53-424D-9F1F-272206003703.jpeg
581D1B15-84B3-4454-BC05-E2CD95795A78.jpeg
FFBB4501-8A57-41C1-A9B7-85104AB9BD18.jpeg
9871A9E8-90F3-4704-9C21-0C17F400C578.jpeg
My 18 just got finished with her interior dash bezel wrap and roof wrap. I am really partial to the dash bezel in the black brushed aluminum but unsure of the finish with the same color on the roof. Up close I like the way it looks but from twenty feet or so I'm questioning my decision. I would like to hear the communities input...worst case I can just pull her off...thank you...
Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Inside should match inside, outside should match outside IMO. I love the interior wrap because it looks like it gels nicely with everything else.

Roof, I would personally go with at least a satin or a gloss black, especially in your case, to match the grills and wheels. Unless you went with similar color hood/trunk stripes and a spoiler wrap/painting in the same color to blend it a bit.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
What color are the mirrors?

The roof to me looks like it's a little dirty/faded compared to the clean looking car though and I agree with the above post on matching the rest of the exterior which is all gloss black.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
To create a cohesive look or theme it is best to copy certain aspects of the car. Like someone else said, gloss black rims and grille? Do a gloss black roof to match. It doesn't look bad. Just not following the theme. I like the dash. Very original and the color does match the interior.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Personal opinion not a fan of the current wrap. I agree with the other comments and you want to have some type of cohesive theme. If the roof was gloss black and you had some other black accents it would go really well. For example you could do black stripes with red pin stripes. Lots of options.

White and black is one of my favorite color combinations on the mustang so you have a lot to work with.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BiancoV

BiancoV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you all for the genuine advice. I do agree with all these sentiments. I was trying to go for something different and should have stayed with my gut and went with the gloss black...

What color are the mirrors?

The roof to me looks like it's a little dirty/faded compared to the clean looking car though and I agree with the above post on matching the rest of the exterior which is all gloss black.

The mirrors are all wrapped in black brushed aluminum too...

After sleeping on it I'm gonna pull her off and go with gloss black. I'm definitely not in love with the contrast with the rest of their cars accents... Like I said I just wanted to be a little different, thank you again...

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I was trying to go for something different and should have stayed with my gut and went with the gloss black...
Nothing against different, just should either be matching or fully different (like a whole different color), not something in between that could be mistaken for trying to match but not. I'm still back and forth on throwing in red accents again (much more obvious this time though):

all-red-png.png

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Thank you all for the genuine advice. I do agree with all these sentiments. I was trying to go for something different and should have stayed with my gut and went with the gloss black...

The mirrors are all wrapped in black brushed aluminum too...

After sleeping on it I'm gonna pull her off and go with gloss black. I'm definitely not in love with the contrast with the rest of their cars accents... Like I said I just wanted to be a little different, thank you again...
Everything is always worth a try. Nothing is permanent unless you had to modify body panels. I also like trying to be unique but it's never as easy as it sounds. You could run the car white with some touches of black, with red vinyl lettering, or other red accents like calipers. You don't have to do the normal brembo red either, you could do something cool like candy red. Fender hash marks are another option, or the GT emblem's. Check out Big Worm Graphix they have a lot of cool stuff.

Feel free to send more photos, but do whatever you like. Don't worry about the rest of us.

OP
OP
BiancoV

BiancoV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing against different, just should either be matching or fully different (like a whole different color), not something in between that could be mistaken for trying to match but not. I'm still back and forth on throwing in red accents again (much more obvious this time though):

all-red-png.png
I definitely am stuck with something in between...
920E0A3C-9F11-4350-9865-FF735BD178DF.jpeg

And it does appear that I did a poor attempt to match. The red accents on your vehicle are very sharp.

Everything is always worth a try. Nothing is permanent unless you had to modify body panels. I also like trying to be unique but it's never as easy as it sounds. You could run the car white with some touches of black, with red vinyl lettering, or other red accents like calipers. You don't have to do the normal brembo red either, you could do something cool like candy red. Fender hash marks are another option, or the GT emblem's. Check out Big Worm Graphix they have a lot of cool stuff.

Feel free to send more photos, but do whatever you like. Don't worry about the rest of us.
I do agree with trying... Like you said as long as it's nothing permanent. I certainly didn't fall in love with the roof wrap and that's the first time I have felt that way after doing a cosmetic modification to the car. Next week I'm actually getting the calipers painted white to match the car. It's a look I've seen before and loved. I'm sure I won't love cleaning them but I'm gonna apply some ceramic coat after and that should make them A bit easier to keep clean. Thank you for the advice.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
is there any downfall to a roof wrap? the gloss black I mean, can heat from the sun, harm the paint? when you remove the wrap one day, is the paint going to be crazy different than the other panels due to heat or being blocked from sun and aging?

I think gloss would look better if you're considering re wrapping, in peoples opinions, if roof is black, do mirrors need to be black too? or body color?

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Who makes that brushed wrap? I've been trying to decided on what to use on the interior of my car and I think i found a winner! The dash looks awesome and I'm going to copy you, sorry.

Hope you don't mind. I was going to go with forged carbon wrap, but this looks much better.

-Thanks

EDIT: i knew that street name looked familiar. I lived in Ronkonkoma for 5 years.

OP
OP
BiancoV

BiancoV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who makes that brushed wrap? I've been trying to decided on what to use on the interior of my car and I think i found a winner! The dash looks awesome and I'm going to copy you, sorry.

Hope you don't mind. I was going to go with forged carbon wrap, but this looks much better.

-Thanks

EDIT: i knew that street name looked familiar. I lived in Ronkonkoma for 5 years.
I chose the 3M. The particular shop did offer another brand though. I can find out the specific code if you'd like. And thank you for the compliments. I love the way the dash came out. I hope it comes out great when you do it!

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
I chose the 3M. The particular shop did offer another brand though. I can find out the specific code if you'd like. And thank you for the compliments. I love the way the dash came out. I hope it comes out great when you do it!
Thanks! I found some on Amazon and its cheap!! $15 for 2 1'x5' pieces. Gonna give it a shot and here's to hoping my wrapping skills are on point.
Sponsored