SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Don't bring a treat for yourself unless you're going to share it with the class! I need to know if I should plan on this, 350, or just leave the stock one on and be happy.
Any reason why you're leaving the Boss IM out of the mix?
Sponsored

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
The gt350 was worth 3mph to my car in the 1/4 on a n/a setup and i feel the tune sucks seeing my 1/8 mile mph is 4-6 mph slower than other cars running similar times as I am (11.4-11.5).

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I think the Boss and CJ are left out because of the other modifications needed. Mounts or hood cutting.

Sponsored

Kellys69z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium, Dodge 2500 Cummings, 69 Camaro
I was being serious for my own build. You act like hes got the fastest s550 gt build planned. Its not even close.
No I'm just being an ass. Don't know him doesn't know me don't care. I just follow nmca. I just can't see why anyone that wants high hp would put one of these intakes on. Plenum volume is ok. Runners are to small not enough taper. Sure it will work, but going to have to up the boost to overcome its inefficiencies. Why not run a good manifold and make the same or more power at lower boost levels.

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
No I'm just being an ass. Don't know him doesn't know me don't care. I just follow nmca. I just can't see why anyone that wants high hp would put one of these intakes on. Plenum volume is ok. Runners are to small not enough taper. Sure it will work, but going to have to up the boost to overcome its inefficiencies. Why not run a good manifold and make the same or more power at lower boost levels.
One of my goals was to lower boost down 1 psi. When I dyno I will throw the mechanical gauge on and see what it is not after the swap.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
So I asked StangTV about their article. The best they could give me is that these things take time, as in completing the article. I asked for an estimate...end of summer or by the new year. He chuckled (via lmao) and said by the end of the summer. So here's to hoping it doesn't take till the end of the summer :cheers:

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
the holley design isnt far off mmrs which is for high hp applications

While the mmrs is definitely more optimized since they say its good up tp 2500hp. Holleys design isnt terribly far off and for more then half price of mmrs pending on options for chosen on mmrs manifold.

Kellys69z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium, Dodge 2500 Cummings, 69 Camaro
the holley design isnt far off mmrs which is for high hp applications

While the mmrs is definitely more optimized since they say its good up tp 2500hp. Holleys design isnt terribly far off and for more then half price of mmrs pending on options for chosen on mmrs manifold.
Still no taper in the runners. This is a pic of the first manifold I did for my 5.4. It's a straight runner like that. Did ok, but not great. I don't have any pics of the second one but changed a few things up tapered the runners and picked up around 40 throughout the range. At the same boost levels.

Last edited:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Still no taper in the runners. This is a pic of the first manifold I did for my 5.4. It's a straight runner like that. Did ok, but not great. I don't have any pics of the second one but changed a few things up tapered the runners and picked up around 40 throughout the range. At the same boost levels.
I dont know of anyone selling a sheet metal manifold with the design you prefer. It'd have to be custom based off our lack of options. At least for the price holleys will be hard to complain about.