13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I'll comment to keep this on my radar.
I've got a 2019 PP2, and I love this Mustang. The only thing I would consider replacing it with is a Mach 1 HP with the A10. While I like the looks of the S650, the Dark Horse is the only one that interest me. However the dash is a deal breaker for me.
Unless something happens to my PP2, I don't see me trading it.
In the end, it all comes down to want and money.
Sponsored

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I'll comment to keep this on my radar.
I've got a 2019 PP2, and I love this Mustang. The only thing I would consider replacing it with is a Mach 1 HP with the A10. While I like the looks of the S650, the Dark Horse is the only one that interest me. However the dash is a deal breaker for me.
Unless something happens to my PP2, I don't see me trading it.
In the end, it all comes down to want and money.
Fully agree. While I could get used to the exterior (still think S550 looks better), what they did to the interior ruins it for me. Also, not interested in paying $67k for a Dark Horse that is very similar to my Mach 1. We'll see though...maybe it'll drive circles around the Mach 1 (and the GT350) but I think I'll be keeping my Mach 1.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
“I think those keeping miles off these new breed are going to be very unhappy when the electronics crap out from age and their almost never driven unit is a paperweight because they can't get the part or it repaired.
Get what ya want and drive the wheels off it.”

Driving the wheels off it is pretty much never a bad strategy if you’re so inclined and it’s a lot of fun. But worrying about your car becoming a crapped-out paperweight, not so much. The market will rise to whatever is demanded of it, and there are way too many of these cars out there for the market to ignore. I wouldn’t make my decision based on chicken little predictions. Hey, I recently sent a 1960’s Sun Super tach and sending unit out to be repaired. That’s a pretty niche-y market but no problem.
Doubt it, Here is why, the oem's can not get the outdated type chips needed for NEW vehicles, All these newer ev vehicles are going to move away from these outdate systems/chips. I highly doubt any resto parts company is going to buy a factory to be able to produce these Chips, chips that ONLY auto industry is still using. I maybe proven wrong, but Buying a multi million dollar operation just to produce chips for a TINY and contracting Automotive hobby To bet it'll pay off doing so , and having enough orders to make owning the factory or the equipment worth it.
'80-90's ecu's were very basic and can't be found other than a few 40+ year old ones still in vehicle in yards, as the yards saved that popular model from the crusher.
These surface mount electronics need a jewelers touch to repair/replace by hand, unlike the through the board type. And that is even if you can get a new one to install in the ecu/module on the circuit board.
I do this for Home and Auto audio gear, the surface mount type is not ment to be repaired only designed to be faster to produce. They are a royal headache to replace chips . Transistors, resistors and caps are only a pain in the arse .
I love to be wrong, but what restoration company has the capital to tie up buying the factory and equipment to make this happen?

OP
OP
AllthePonies

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Well, it looks like I’m going down with the S550 ship. In the end, I caved and bought my wife a 2022 convertible California special in Grabber Blue. A Mach 1 would have been preferable for me, but this was her dream car. She didn’t want the performance pack either since the summer tires would have made it an ordeal to drive it on the clear days in the winter here in Michigan. The 0% financing on the 2022 didn’t hurt either.

I wasn’t a huge fan of the S650 design, but the subscription navigation, lack of buttons, excessive screens, electronic parking brake, removal of the steering vibration dampener, and driver orientation of the interior definitely weren’t for me. I am also apparently on my way to wearing tin foil hats as I got a FordPass message for my 2023 F150 saying that they were updating my vehicle so I wouldn’t be locked out during future non driveable updates. Unless Ford is paying for the car, there’s no way I’m ok with ever being locked out, for any reason.

24208DC4-983F-448F-8D69-662C19B0ED21.jpeg
Sponsored