wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
I’m a fan of sleeper cars. I’m starting to lean toward running my bumper to bumper warranty out, then adding the 20HP Ford tune with 4.09 gears, suspension, and tires. Then, once the powertrain warranty is gone, adding a supercharger and upgrading the oil pump gear. The coup de gras would be installing the 7.3 crate motor and turbocharging it once the supercharged 5.0 motor gives it up.

I enjoy seeing the Grand National that lives in my neighborhood out and about more than the Ferraris, Bentleys, and Maseratis running around town. I can appreciate a nicer Porsche, but I’m never going to win the nicest toy contest so I’m just focused on maximizing the fun at the lowest price. That, to me, is what a Mustang is all about.

Well there ya go then!

[/thread]

food for thought on my way out the door…no Mustang GT has ever been thought of, indicated to or believed to be, a sleeper 😉
Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I would go for a eruption green metallic or oil slick blue-purple manual Mach1 with handling pack & Recaros.
The grabber blue and the fighter jet grey are too boring for me, and should also be far more common than the purple and the green.
Technically, the Mach1 with manual transmission is a choice object, would prefer that to a GT350 (vulnerable crankshaft and technically pre-2018) and GT500 (would simply be too much for me).
Btw. the Bullitt is "just" a debadged GT with some extra spice, not as technically appealing as the Mach1.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...urple-new-paint-colors-for-2022-gt500.163642/
The Mach 1 is based on the Bullitt, and it's main differences are the Tremec for the manual and trans/diff coolers. Also has the option for a more track oriented suspension and auto trans. PLUS it has all the cool stickers ;-)

Both are Regular Mustangs with a bit more Spice. I thought I would like the MACH 1 more than the Bullitt and considered ordering one in the Fighter Jet Grey, but when I drove it, I preferred the Bullitt. I also drove several PP 1 & 2 GT's and a GT350 before I bought the Bullitt, Was a Goldilox issue, where the Bullitt was just right.

It's great to have so many options. Will be interesting to see what the S650 actually looks and drives like. Unlikely I will move away from the Bullitt for another Mustang, but you never know.

I've said this before, I am NOT a Ford or Mustang guy, but I love the Bullitt, even though I still long for another BMW M or 991 P car. Problem is, I don't want the price tag for entry or maintenance.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I’m just trying to figure out what the last ICE car that I’ll have for awhile should be.
I am saving for my retirement project car, and hope it will be a 1964 Vette Convertible.

Beyond that, I've promised my Bullitt to my grandson (16 years till he graduates college) and I plan to keep my Tundra TRD PRO and 1976 Porsche 912 till I am eating mush and crapping in a diaper......

EV's are here to stay, but won't be more than 20% of the market before I kick off. Until then..............

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I just got back from Germany and there weren’t a whole lot of EVs on the road. I saw one Tesla over the course of a week, but no charging stations.
they're slow-charging (if that) because their electricity rates are going vertical. Isn't green energy great? Just wait till the USA feels the same reality bite back hard.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The Mach 1 is based on the Bullitt, and it's main differences are the Tremec for the manual and trans/diff coolers. Also has the option for a more track oriented suspension and auto trans. PLUS it has all the cool stickers ;-)

Both are Regular Mustangs with a bit more Spice. I thought I would like the MACH 1 more than the Bullitt and considered ordering one in the Fighter Jet Grey, but when I drove it, I preferred the Bullitt. I also drove several PP 1 & 2 GT's and a GT350 before I bought the Bullitt, Was a Goldilox issue, where the Bullitt was just right.

It's great to have so many options. Will be interesting to see what the S650 actually looks and drives like. Unlikely I will move away from the Bullitt for another Mustang, but you never know.

I've said this before, I am NOT a Ford or Mustang guy, but I love the Bullitt, even though I still long for another BMW M or 991 P car. Problem is, I don't want the price tag for entry or maintenance.
Forums……Always a deferring opinion. Hard to argue. Seems to have driven every single one. Maybe Ford should have just made the Bullitt and thrown everything else in the trash. :crackup: Good to love what you have.

Last edited:

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
It's killing me as I have my eye on a M1 that's currently at a dealership exactly as I'd order; but I'm going to wait until the S650 reveal in a couple weeks.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Rather not!
Bullitt and Mach1 have in common that they borrow the intake from the GT350.
That's about it.
To conclude from this, that Mach1 and Bullitt are related, is a bit of a far-fetched statement.
If you say that Bullitt and Mach1 are based on the GT PP, I could go along with that.

Both vehicles are based on a completely different idea of how to refine the Mustang GT PP.
If you were to plot this on a line from left=0 (fine & classy) to right=10 (sporty) and the GT PP is in the middle at 5, then the Mach1 is to the right of the GT PP between 6...10 and the Bullitt to the left of the GT PP between 4...0.

Last edited:

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
they're slow-charging (if that) because their electricity rates are going vertical. Isn't green energy great? Just wait till the USA feels the same reality bite back hard.
In UK now is more expensive to charge your EV to do 400 km's than to do it with a Gas engine car because electricity went up 80%.

Sponsored

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Electricity prices are so high here right now because more or less the most expensive producer makes the price.
As a result, the producers of green energy are earning themselves silly because their generation costs are significantly lower than those of gas or coal.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merit_order
This principle has problems to work as desired in the current market environment.

I just got back from Germany and there weren’t a whole lot of EVs on the road. I saw one Tesla over the course of a week, but no charging stations.
In the total vehicle fleet, BEVs and PHEVs currently make up less than 3%, half of these are BEVs!
But Mustangs are rarer here in my area than Teslas. 😄

Last edited:

stang-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GTPP
I have the same questions and feeling. Would like a new Mach 1, but the prices are crazy. I am gonna wait for the s650 and hope prices return to something near normal.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Forums……Always a deferring opinion. Hard to argue. Seems to have driven every single one. Maybe Ford should have just made the Bullitt and thrown everything else in the trash. :crackup: Good to love what you have.
Never drove a GT 500 :wink:

I'll ignore the stupidity of your comment, but did drive just about every sports coupe over 2019 & 20. The fact the Bullitt was exactly what I was looking for is not a ding or slight to any other car, Mustang included. Try not to be so sensitive.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never drove a GT 500 :wink:

I'll ignore the stupidity of your comment, but did drive just about every sports coupe over 2019 & 20. The fact the Bullitt was exactly what I was looking for is not a ding or slight to any other car, Mustang included. Try not to be so sensitive.
Sense of humor score-0. Sorry, I apologize. I thought that was funny.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rather not!
Bullitt and Mach1 have in common that they borrow the intake from the GT350.
That's about it.
To conclude from this, that Mach1 and Bullitt are related, is a bit of a far-fetched statement.
If you say that Bullitt and Mach1 are based on the GT PP, I could go along with that.

Both vehicles are based on a completely different idea of how to refine the Mustang GT PP.
If you were to plot this on a line from left=0 (fine & classy) to right=10 (sporty) and the GT PP is in the middle at 5, then the Mach1 is to the right of the GT PP between 6...10 and the Bullitt to the left of the GT PP between 4...0.
Bullitt is a great car in its own right. I drove a ECOBOOST HPP and it was a blast! Actually, if you really dissect it all they’re all the same car. I’d bet anyone who works at the factory slapping these babies together all day doesn’t think any different of any one of them and would probably lol reading this. The sum of the parts makes them just feel unique.
Sponsored