Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The gears make the car seem crazier in first and second gear. And 6th gear isn't barely usable. 6th becomes a more normal overdrive.
Truth, regarding the '15-'17s. Add a GT350 manifold and some E85 and first gear is essentially useless at WOT even with 305 rubber.

The only S550 I'd rather have is the GT500. The other 5.0 variants are too similar to what I have and I don't care for the power delivery of the GT350 on the street.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
There is something to be said about the lesser complexity of the second gen engines, but I'd rather have the extra power.
you can have that extra power cheaper than the price difference of a 15-17 vs 18-up. just gotta be willing to roll up your sleeves and do the intake manifold and get a tune. of course a PD blower doesn't care about the intake manifold so there's that route as well.

as for the OP?? I think I'd hold what you got and have some fun. I wouldn't upgrade to a mach/bullitt/350 unless I wanted a collector

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I'm pretty sure we're selling more BEV/EV vs PHEV/HEV - ICE here is really a dying breed.
  1. https://www.eea.europa.eu/ims/new-registrations-of-electric-vehicles,
  2. https://www.nextgreencar.com/electric-cars/statistics/
  • Lot more incentives for BEV,
  • governments here have to get people to switch to EV so they can meet these stupid emission targets set by the EU
So EVs represent 6% of new registrations.

That means that 94% of sales are ICE vehicles.

The EU can't do mass EVs. Not even close.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
OP, wait for the s650 reveal and then decide if you like the new interior or not.

Next gen will likely be a refresh on par with the 2015 refresh in the Challenger (mostly interior with some minor engine updates). I doubt it's going to be an upgrade in materials quality-wise, but it will have a lot of new technology — we'll see if it's the good kind or not. Performance-wise, I'm betting the GT is about on par with a Mach 1 since we've seen s650 mules testing side-by-side with Machs. We will likely also see additional price increases on Mustangs across the board too, unfortunately.

I had a similar decision and went ahead and bought a Mach 1 because I got a great deal on it (under MSRP) and I don't really like buying the first production year of a new generation. I can always trade in if the S650 is that much better.

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
I had a 18 GT premium non performance pack car and went to a 22 Mach 1. Honestly IMHO a HUGE difference in how these vehicles feel. Now I never drove a PP with magneride so the two may be similar. I already don't like the 2024 styling, but I did say that about the 2018 when it first came out. Ill wait to judge it come the 14th. I just don't see the S650 being anything more than the current GT. Now the special editions are where I'd see the S650 shine. All just my opinions of course.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I traded a 2018 GT manual with 4.09’s on the Mach 1, and do not regret it the tiniest bit.

I also strongly considered a 2019-2020 GT350, and do not regret passing on that either.

I would be very surprised if a Tremec made its way into mass production S650 GT’s because of the added cost and the gas guzzler tax.

OP
OP
AllthePonies

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
So EVs represent 6% of new registrations.

That means that 94% of sales are ICE vehicles.

The EU can't do mass EVs. Not even close.
I just got back from Germany and there weren’t a whole lot of EVs on the road. I saw one Tesla over the course of a week, but no charging stations.

OP
OP
AllthePonies

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
OP, wait for the s650 reveal and then decide if you like the new interior or not.

Next gen will likely be a refresh on par with the 2015 refresh in the Challenger (mostly interior with some minor engine updates). I doubt it's going to be an upgrade in materials quality-wise, but it will have a lot of new technology — we'll see if it's the good kind or not. Performance-wise, I'm betting the GT is about on par with a Mach 1 since we've seen s650 mules testing side-by-side with Machs. We will likely also see additional price increases on Mustangs across the board too, unfortunately.

I had a similar decision and went ahead and bought a Mach 1 because I got a great deal on it (under MSRP) and I don't really like buying the first production year of a new generation. I can always trade in if the S650 is that much better.
I love the color of your Mach 1. I’d probably bite too if I got one for under MSRP.

Kewlbreeze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
I would go for a eruption green metallic or oil slick blue-purple manual Mach1 with handling pack & Recaros.
The grabber blue and the fighter jet grey are too boring for me, and should also be far more common than the purple and the green.
Technically, the Mach1 with manual transmission is a choice object, would prefer that to a GT350 (vulnerable crankshaft and technically pre-2018) and GT500 (would simply be too much for me).
Btw. the Bullitt is "just" a debadged GT with some extra spice, not as technically appealing as the Mach1.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...urple-new-paint-colors-for-2022-gt500.163642/
Bullitt is more than that...It's not as high on the tech as the M1 however engine wise it's a match. Character and styling different but very unique as well.

OP
OP
AllthePonies

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
If the M1 pricing stopped you earlier, the S650 ain’t gonna be much better…

…and based on how Ford handles new releases , the first run of S650 will be the lesser model.

all that said…go check out the M1, it’s a fantastic car!
I picked up my GT with the employee discount plus 0% for 72 months. With A plan, the S650 will probably be more affordable for me than a Mach 1. I’m just trying to figure out what the last ICE car that I’ll have for awhile should be. It will get driven, but I don’t plan on getting rid of it any time soon either. I think I’m going to hold my horses and see what the S650 has to offer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AllthePonies

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Bullitt is more than that...It's not as high on the tech as the M1 however engine wise it's a match. Character and styling different but very unique as well.
I really like the Bullitts, but couldn’t get the right price when they were new.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
I picked up my GT with the employee discount plus 0% for 72 months. With A plan, the S650 will probably be more affordable for me than a Mach 1. I’m just trying to figure out what the last ICE car that I’ll have for awhile should be. It will get driven, but I don’t plan on getting rid of it any time soon either. I think I’m going to hold my horses and see what the S650 has to offer.
fair points on all accounts, BUT…

for me GTs are a dime a dozen, but the M1s are way more exclusive. If I was gonna be left “holding the ICE bag“ (so to speak) I would rather be in an M1, than a run-of-the-mill GT…and yes, that includes the S650 😉

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think the death of performance ICE vehicles is dramatically over-stated.
I hope you are right.

The end is nigh

In Europe, judgement day has been won by the green communists.
Any political decision can be reversed. I'm praying for our brothers and sisters over there.

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
I love the color of your Mach 1. I’d probably bite too if I got one for under MSRP.
All you got to do is ask. I bought two Mach 1s below MSRP during the height of stupid pricing. I was upfront and honest, said I wasn't gonna pay a dime over MSRP and didn't budge. It wasn't a needed item for me, so if they told me no, wasn't a big deal.

OP
OP
AllthePonies

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
fair points on all accounts, BUT…

for me GTs are a dime a dozen, but the M1s are way more exclusive. If I was gonna be left “holding the ICE bag“ (so to speak) I would rather be in an M1, than a run-of-the-mill GT…and yes, that includes the S650 😉
I’m a fan of sleeper cars. I’m starting to lean toward running my bumper to bumper warranty out, then adding the 20HP Ford tune with 4.09 gears, suspension, and tires. Then, once the powertrain warranty is gone, adding a supercharger and upgrading the oil pump gear. The coup de gras would be installing the 7.3 crate motor and turbocharging it once the supercharged 5.0 motor gives it up.

I enjoy seeing the Grand National that lives in my neighborhood out and about more than the Ferraris, Bentleys, and Maseratis running around town. I can appreciate a nicer Porsche, but I’m never going to win the nicest toy contest so I’m just focused on maximizing the fun at the lowest price. That, to me, is what a Mustang is all about.
Sponsored