Sponsored

Hill start assist

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
When I purchased My car in sept 2014 the hill start assist didn't work. I brought it to the dealer and they said "oh the car doesn't have this feature" which obviously it did I could enable And disable it, it just wouldn't work. Well I decided to try it now 2 years later and it worked! I almost stalled out bc I did t know what the hell was happening, the car seemed to roll forward instead of backwards which is the point I guess. now that it works i dont know if I want to even use it I'm so used to not having it... Anyway does anyone use this feature? Or not really?
Sponsored

raceguy13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt pp CO
I use it, only takes a couple of uses to get used to it. I don't know if I would want to go without it now.

slythetove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I use it. It's not that I can't start on a hill myself, but it's for that one time - the one time something goes wrong, distracts, I fat-foot the clutch, whatever. When that day comes I'd rather just have this feature holding the car on the hill.

OP
OP

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Yea it just feels strange getting used to I reckon. Cool function though.

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
Hated it. Most useless "feature" this car has. Turned it off on Day-2 and never turned it back on.

I wish dealers weren't so.... ignorant. I shopped around for a dealership that knew inside and out the product they were selling. That put me at ease. I just have no tolerance for ignorance these days I guess.

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Left it on for my wife for about a week than turned it off and hasn't been on since.

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
Hated it. Most useless "feature" this car has. Turned it off on Day-2 and never turned it back on.

I wish dealers weren't so.... ignorant. I shopped around for a dealership that knew inside and out the product they were selling. That put me at ease. I just have no tolerance for ignorance these days I guess.
the useless feature are the blinkers in the vents

stevelp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GT PP
When I first tried it i couldn't get it to work, turned out the slope I was testing it on wasn't steep enough to turn on hill assist even though I would roll backwards. I leave it on because its nice to have and gives a little extra piece of mind, but I still start off as if I didn't have it because like most electronic devices, they're prone to failure and would rather not rely solely on electronic gadgetry where skill and judgement is necessary.

OracleHCR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Otis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP1, Mag, AE
Never even turned it on in my Mustang. I turned it on in my daughter's Focus because she was just learning how to drive a standard. It is almost like cheating compared to when I first learned how to drive.

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I didn't even know a manual Mustang had this feature, been doing it on my own since '72....don't need to start now...:lol:

Sponsored

Bankss550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maurice
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium 6SPD
I tried it for the first week and thought it felt weird so I turned it off. I have no intention of turning it back on.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
When I purchased My car in sept 2014 the hill start assist didn't work. I brought it to the dealer and they said "oh the car doesn't have this feature" which obviously it did I could enable And disable it, it just wouldn't work. Well I decided to try it now 2 years later and it worked! I almost stalled out bc I did t know what the hell was happening, the car seemed to roll forward instead of backwards which is the point I guess. now that it works i dont know if I want to even use it I'm so used to not having it... Anyway does anyone use this feature? Or not really?
Fwiw it has to be a certain grade hill for it to activate. Some small inclines the car will roll, but hill assist doesn't activate until steeper.

DetroitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Meh.. I leave it on, even though I don't need it. Previous cars I've had with that feature held the brake too long, really making it suck. But Ford actually got it right.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I used it until I got used to the clutch action. It's been off ever since, doubt it will ever be turned on again.
Sponsored