Sponsored

Hill Start Assist Unavailable, Service Advancetrac dash messages

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
This has to be a huge coincidence but I was trying to wire power to my boost gauge, stopped because I needed a female connector, and the car freaked out when I cranked it up. On the dash, Hill Start Assist Unavailable appeared, followed by Service AdvanceTrac and See Manual. CEL is on as well. Literally all I have done is check which fuses are accessory powered. I did play with the restraints control module fuse but the fuse itself is fine unless I damaged the housing or something? I disconnected the battery and reconnected it a couple minutes later, same thing but I thought I might drive it a mile or so and see if it went away and the throttle started working independently of my foot :/. Any ideas? I am going to run home and get my tuner to pull codes in a minute.

Also, by disconnecting my battery I wouldn't lose the current tune, would I?

I think the wheel speed sensor might have gone bad on me and it is just a coincidence with the timing but I don't know.

Edit: The only code was P0300: Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected. Not really sure, I guess when the car tried to rev in neutral or something.

I'm getting it towed tomorrow and a good electrical guy is gonna take a look at it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Check the wheel speed sensor. All those lights are consistent with one being unplugged or going bad.

OP
OP

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Check the wheel speed sensor. All those lights are consistent with one being unplugged or going bad.
That is what I was hoping it was. Just unsure of the misfiring cylinder code or if it is even related. I am going to call the guy that is supposed to look at my car and tell him to check it first.

OP
OP

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
So the shop just called me and said that their OBDII tool won't connect with my car. They checked fuses and didn't find any blown ones (I checked that before I called them of course). So I am just going to have them tow it to a dealer and see if they can fix it. Are there any other reasons that their scan tool wouldn't connect? Could it have anything to do with my tune?

OP
OP

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
So I think the ECM/PCM is going bad, not sure which. I went to the shop and ran the car for a few minutes and tried to drive around the block to see if it would clear the advancetrac warning, and the throttle was revving, the car stalled, etc. So I pulled codes again and got all of these.

P0300 - Random/Multiple Misfire
P1C00 - DCDC Input Voltage Abnormal (?? best i could find when googling)
P2800 - Transmission Range Sensor TRS B Circuit Malfunction
U2900 - something about O2 sensors but I can't get a clear answer on what this code is

Sponsored

OP
OP

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I just got the car back and all is good now. Per the mechanic who worked on it, the pins in bottom of the fuse box, specifically the ones for the MAF fuse, were warped. When the car revved and flexed a little, it was enough to cause a short there. So they basically straightened out those pins and it was fixed. I am not sure how they got bent in the first place, I really don't think I did anything when checking fuses that would have bent anything.

I'm posing the long version that may help someone in the future (this is the text that is on my bill):

EEC test of PCM P0103 P061C, checked and found MAF sensor faulted. Checked & traced wiring, checked for pinch points under supercharger tubing for damage at trans losing 12 volts sources to MAF connector, found F74 %a In BJB terminal on CKT CBB74VT1BN Spread and not making connection at trans. Removed BJB, Depinned CKT, tightened CKT at pin, reassembled, rechecked for fuse for proper contact, cleared codes and test drove, all okay after repair.

Orly2019gtpp1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Orlando
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang gt pp1
Hello
Im new here
Im having the same issue with mine
I have a 2019 pp1 and the only difference with yours is mine will disconnect the camera and rev match! But the dealer wont help since they cant read the computer any suggestions?
Thanks

Nos-pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT 5.0 A-10 Whipple Charged 989 RWHP....2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2020 GT500 went and got a header install got the car back with power steering assist not working both traction control lights on hill start not available brake malfunction flashing and Enrake won’t work as cruise control not working cruise will turn on but won’t activate. Any ideas ?? Checked out all fuses and grounds. Allready please help

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The original poster hasn't been seen on here since May of last year. But I would check for bent pins on the fuse box as that was the fix for his car.

Technical answer:
"Removed BJB, Depinned CKT, tightened CKT at pin, reassembled, rechecked for fuse for proper contact, cleared codes and test drove, all okay after repair."

Guessing Google can help with the acronyms.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2020 GT500 went and got a header install got the car back with power steering assist not working both traction control lights on hill start not available brake malfunction flashing and Enrake won’t work as cruise control not working cruise will turn on but won’t activate. Any ideas ?? Checked out all fuses and grounds. Allready please help
A crook wheel bearing can cause what you’re talking about. Been there, done that.
Could just be a coincidence that the header install occurred at the same time, or could be something else entirely....

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I don't have a gt500 but your describing my wheel hub (bearing) issue to a tee. Is your back up camera out? I had that out as well.

Nos-pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have a gt500 but your describing my wheel hub (bearing) issue to a tee. Is your back up camera out? I had that out as well.
Back up camera works as should and exhaust valves work as well but any and all drive mods are not available as the parking brake fails as the cruise control. ??? SMH

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Back up camera works as should and exhaust valves work as well but any and all drive mods are not available as the parking brake fails as the cruise control. ??? SMH
I'd start by jacking it up and seeing if you have play in any of the wheel bearing. I had just a little play in the rear drivers side but that was enough to throw all types of stuff out of wack.

Nos-pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'd start by jacking it up and seeing if you have play in any of the wheel bearing. I had just a little play in the rear drivers side but that was enough to throw all types of stuff out of wack.
Solved issue was both rear ABS sensors amazingly both were not working but thanks for your input

Nos-pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Solved rear abs sensors both of them were faulty
Sponsored