Sponsored

Highest mileage and longest period with original evaporator core?

louierg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louie
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Limited Edition #1897
We all hear about the guys with evaporator problems, but who has the highest mileage without an evaporator core replacement? Who has driven their Mustang for years without an evaporator replacement and still has it blowing cold air. Let’s give the rest of us hope that our cars don’t have to have our interiors gutted to replace the evaporator. Let’s hear it from those that still get a/c as it was when delivered!

I am at 12,000 and no issues. What say you all?
21000 on my Ann Edition
Sponsored

dubceeGA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pierre
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang V6
2015 Mustang V6. Evap failed at 62K miles. A/C was blowing warmer on driver side and cooler on passenger side, but still not cold on either side. After running for a while it would almost die out completely blowing a fine vapor, and then barely blew any air at all on Max AC. Car is in the shop now. I'm still waiting to see if Ford will participate in the cost. Also, car almost overheated when all the coolant leaked out. It was the water pump leaking. Also, backup camera failed in the 1st year (short in the harness where the camera connects in the trunk door). Getting all 3 issues fixed now. I'm in for a little over $3000 right now. (Water pump roughly $900; Evap core roughly $2000; backup camera $275) Hope Ford helps out.

Last edited:

Deleted member 35786

Had evap core replaced at a little over 22K miles under warranty. Warranty expires next August so I have another year to see how it holds up. With the new TSB it seems they replaced the core itself and not the entire unit. Hopefully that is the fix for the long term.

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
2015 V6 with just over 100k miles, and AC is still blowing cold on the original evap core! I know it's not the highest mileage in this thread, but maybe 2nd or 3rd highest? At least it supports the idea that not all of the evaps will fail.

Unfortunately I have experienced some of the other notorious glitches associated with these cars: intermittent backup camera, and a persistent drive line vibration that the dealer refuses to address (it's still under warranty til 150k), he claimed the tires were bad and refused to perform any further diagnostics, although I just replaced all 4 tires and the vibration is still there.

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
2016 base GT @ 34k no problems so far. About to go out of base warranty. Dealer has checked there have been no services to the ac system. I am having the dealer see how much freon is left to see if I have a small leak tho just so if there is something going on we catch it before the warranty goes.

Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I had my 2015 GT Limited Edition for 3 1/2 years and 22,583 miles with no issues of any kind.

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
36K miles on 2016 GT, AC is failing now.

ajfrench2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
We all hear about the guys with evaporator problems, but who has the highest mileage without an evaporator core replacement? Who has driven their Mustang for years without an evaporator replacement and still has it blowing cold air. Let’s give the rest of us hope that our cars don’t have to have our interiors gutted to replace the evaporator. Let’s hear it from those that still get a/c as it was when delivered!

I am at 12,000 and no issues. What say you all?
I'm at 30K miles and not sure if wet carpet on driver's side was caused by faulty evap core or not. Any thoughts?

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium

Sponsored

Festivus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT CS
Car is at the dealer now. 2016 GT/CS 22,500 miles (> 3 months left on the warranty)

louierg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louie
Vehicle(s)
I had my 2015 GT Limited Edition for 3 1/2 years and 22,583 miles with no issues of any kind.
Cross your fingers and toes. I have #1897 and the evap coil went out at just better than 21,000 miles. Noticed it the first hot day in May. Remember crossed fingers and toes.

louierg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louie
Vehicle(s)
I'm at 30K miles and not sure if wet carpet on driver's side was caused by faulty evap core or not. Any thoughts?
Something is leaking? Evap on passenger side.

Festivus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT CS
I picked mine up from the dealership today, 22,500 miles and only 2 months left on the warranty. With it being winter the only way I knew it was going out was the radiator fan started running at high speed. Even on a cold start in 30 degree weather it kicked right in.

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
2015 24k miles... I live in NE and even in the summer I really don’t use the AC that much. Maybe that’s why I don’t have issues?
Sponsored