Sponsored

Highest mileage and longest period with original evaporator core?

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Hit 44k miles today...no evap core issues (knock on wood).
Sponsored

Jiki05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
So happy to hear some 2015's getting to that high mileage mark. No issues in mine at 46k.

wizdumb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Turbo
Had the car since 9/26/15 and used ac almost everyday since I got it. 53k miles so far and it stopped blowing cold 2 weeks ago. I drive 3-4 hours for work and was surprised it lasted this long. Going to recharge and see how long it lasts.

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
Meh.....

Class action suits are great for the attorneys who bring them to court, and maaaayyyybee a couple of people at the top of the plaintiff class list....

The 20 bucks for those plaintiffs named in the class and the disclaimer that the defendant end up putting out does nothing for the majority of the plaintiffs whom claim injury / incurred loss. It costs the defendant money that will cost quality somewhere else in their production and rarely causes them to fix the real issue. Either that or they just chalk it up to a tax loss.

I am so very hesitant to anyone that says a class suit is the answer.... it rarely is.
In my experience its quite the opposite. In the vast majority of class action suits, there is no other form of practical remedy unless the plaintiff is able and willing to spend tons of money to pursue the claim individually.

Class suits are good for the consumer.
Without the threat of class suits, many large companies would be even more egregious in knowingly keeping bad/unsafe products on the market.

Its a rather common practice for companies to know that they have a problem and then assess what their liability is versus the cost to fix/recall the product.

More caps/limitations on class actions, the less exposure they have and the more willing they are to keep crap out there.

Its about money, not ethics.

Sponsored

RedEcoJet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jerryallgire.com
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Ecoboost - Pre-Production #280 Product Planning & Styling Vehicle
Vehicle Showcase

98K today, air still working great. Just came back from Atlanta and it kept us plenty cool in 98 degree weather.

JerryA

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
I'm at about 46k miles and still have the original evap.

But, last August it went out and rather than take it in, I recharged it with AC/Pro that I picked up at AutoZone. In addition to refrigerant, it has a sealant, which seems to have worked, as it's still blowing cold in this Central Texas heat. About 42 - 43 degrees out of the vents. So far, so good.

wendellrn65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt vert guard metallic
2015 GTP vert with 10,588 MI just had mine replaced @ Autonation in Panama City 2 day repair and so far so good.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Almost 37k miles and nothing. My OPGs didn’t break either and no driveshaft vibrations. I’m beating the issue forum poll odds!

madlion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Eco
Sold my 2015 with almost 40k miles and not an issue with the evap although my compressor went out at 36k

Sponsored

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
31k on 2015 GT here. Only had it just over a year now myself, but no trouble.

Have been thinking about the ESP due to these reports, but also thinking at same time if it was gonna give trouble probably would've done so by now.
Mine just went, 2015 with 41300 miles, I bought it with 7200 miles. I've owned it for 1.5 years and bought the ESP solely bc of fears that this was gonna happen. Taking it in this evening or first thing in the morning.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
2018 GT Premium. Purchased February 2018. 11k miles on it. Ice cold A/C for now.

I was driving it a lot for work but now it's parked and become a weekend toy. So mileage will be going up much slower, but in the Texas heat the A/C will still be getting a workout.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I don't know if anyone is counting the S197 generation, but the air conditioning in my 2011 GT Premium worked fine until I traded it in two months ago. (7.5 years old, but only 48k miles I think.)

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
'16 with 39k+ and so far so good. Although I don't use a lot. I prefer to listen to the 'mustang symphony' with the windows down. If it's over 95 degrees (or if the wife's in the car) I'll put it on.
Sponsored