Not open for further replies.

Porsche_Manny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT Performance Pack
Yikes, I have 2015 model with 95,xxx miles and a while back I noticed my clutch pedal would squeak sometimes. I sprayed some lubricate and the noise went away. Probably be best to replace my assembly before it completely falls apart. :shock:

JR3Z-2455-A still the part number or is that for 18+ vehicles?
Same part# on the sticker of my FoMoCo pedals replaced in January of this year. Evidently — it's made in Mexico.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jooq7h8no17lbwk/20210319_202800.jpg?dl=0
Sponsored

Porsche_Manny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT Performance Pack
Ugh so is this definitely one of those "WHEN IT HAPPENS" thing?
For some, evidently yes. It isn't the most common of issues either.

My local Ford dealer never heard of it before me. I didn't look at the new pedal set to see if the welds were any better on the new pedals vs. the old ones either — so I don't know if they've "improved" on newer parts.

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ugh so is this definitely one of those "WHEN IT HAPPENS" thing?
Hard to say. I have over 130,000 miles on my car and the only reason I had to replace my pedal assembly was because the clutch master cylinder failed. Ford claims you have to replace the whole assembly to replace the clutch master. They sell the master separate, but the design of the clip that keeps the master in place has changed. I could probably have done something with a cotter pin but decided I just wanted to do it right. This way, if it fails again, I can just buy the clutch master cylinder by itself.

Ps: I used the steeda spring. Not saying that caused my problem. After all, the car does have a lot of miles.

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
For some, evidently yes. It isn't the most common of issues either.

My local Ford dealer never heard of it before me. I didn't look at the new pedal set to see if the welds were any better on the new pedals vs. the old ones either — so I don't know if they've "improved" on newer parts.
It looked the same to me when I replaced it. Even the same cheap plastic pieces used for the sensors that everyone says break.

Sponsored

XSlashDashX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Isn't the Clutch Master Cylinder different in the Performance Pack cars or all the same throughout?

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Isn't the Clutch Master Cylinder different in the Performance Pack cars or all the same throughout?
The only thing somewhat related that I've heard is different in the performance pack mustang is that there is a different brake booster. I'm pretty confident that all GT's have the same clutch master cylinder. I always overly research anything I do to my car and I never came across anything saying that the clutch master was different in the PP mustang.

XSlashDashX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question for y'all. A buddy of mine just replaced his Clutch Master Cylinder and now it's saying See Manual on cluster. Wasn't saying before. Any ideas?

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Question for y'all. A buddy of mine just replaced his Clutch Master Cylinder and now it's saying See Manual on cluster. Wasn't saying before. Any ideas?
All I can figure is that if it's related to the repair he did, could have to do with brake fluid levels. Did he properly fill the brake master cylinder and bleed the clutch?
Sometimes, unrelated issues can hit right after fixing something else. Has he tried scanning for any codes?

Sponsored

XSlashDashX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll check and see if his level is good.
He scanned and no codes popped up as of right now.

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Also, have him check to make sure he reconnected everything under the dash. Perhaps something wasn't reconnected and a sensor is wiggin out.

Is there anything else wrong with the car?

XSlashDashX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We did the engineering mode and two dtcs show on there. DTC C14000 and DTC C41500 but has X on HIST. Both of them.

No issues. He was driving just fine with no issues up until his clutch decided to stick to the floor couple days ago. He replaced the Master Cylinder with Ford OEM Part today and now this is showing up. The wrench light.

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
We did the engineering mode and two dtcs show on there. DTC C14000 and DTC C41500 but has X on HIST. Both of them.

No issues. He was driving just fine with no issues up until his clutch decided to stick to the floor couple days ago. He replaced the Master Cylinder with Ford OEM Part today and now this is showing up. The wrench light.
Did he replace just the clutch master cylinder, or did he replace the whole pedal assembly?

Did he see any brake fluid on the driver side floor board before replacing the part? If not, maybe the master wasn't the issue to begin with.

Has he had a new clutch installed recently?

If you look at the driver side floor board, are there any small pieces of broken plastic? Usually brown, or yellowed clear plastic.

When he gets in the car, does the start button already light up without pushing the clutch pedal down?

Are his brake lights on?

Make sure to try cruise control. See if the car will let you do it.

I know that's a lot. Just trying to figure it out.

XSlashDashX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He decided to take it to Ford anyways.

He replaced just the Clutch Master Cylinder. His pedal assembly didn't have any cracks from what I was told.

Factory clutch still, 75,xxx miles on odo.

Nothing on floor board but I want to say on the assembly had some fluid. Whenever you would pump the pedal you could hear like an air woosh sound coming from that area. If that makes sense, lol.

Don't believe so, Didn't look before dropping the car off.

Brake lights still work

Didn't try cruise control but was able to drive 25 miles to a Ford Dealership. Had to lift up on the clutch pedal every time to go shift to next gear. When you are pumping the clutch pedal, it will act like it's getting hard to push again but as soon as you quit pumping it goes back to the floor.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.