High Mileage Gt350 - Keep or Sell

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
It's a different experience. I have a 964 and...talk about small. I've barely driven the R since I got it, mainly because it's the new toy but it doesn't feel abnormally small after you've been driving a bit.
Sponsored

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I say keep the GT350. Ford will never again make another one. They will be a collector item one day.

As to GT350 vs. Porsche. I own both of them. I wouldn't spend $150K for anything else.

2cars.jpg

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
I’m on the hunt for a 911 4 GTS manual. 997 or 991. Found one in Cincinnati but can’t buy till October, it’ll probably be gone by then. Or a C4S manual, love to get one with full factory aero kit but that’s a unicorn. Considering a Targa 4S but those things are quite heavy. 997 turbo or Turbo S, but don’t want to deal with getting the coolant tubes pinned, and no way I’d get one unless proof it was done.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
...I’m on the hunt for a 911 4 GTS manual. 997 or 991. Found one in Cincinnati but can’t buy till October, it’ll probably be gone by then. Or a C4S manual, love to get one with full factory aero kit but that’s a unicorn. Considering a Targa 4S but those things are quite heavy. 997 turbo or Turbo S, but don’t want to deal with getting the coolant tubes pinned, and no way I’d get one unless proof it was done...
The value of these cars are dropping like all used cars. I say keep the GT350.

I say wait until the end of the year for any Porsche.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dominic
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
I say keep the GT350. Ford will never again make another one. They will be a collector item one day.

As to GT350 vs. Porsche. I own both of them. I wouldn't spend $150K for anything else.

2cars.jpg
Nice collection, I'm guessing your favorite color is grey? lol. I gotta asked, how do you like the Porsche compare to GT350?

Sponsored

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Nice collection, I'm guessing your favorite color is grey? lol. I gotta asked, how do you like the Porsche compare to GT350?
2019GT350.jpg

2019GT350a.jpg

I'd say the GT350 is the best buy today.

This will be the last Flat Plan Crank (FCP) ever made by Ford. You will see them on the auctions in the future.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Yes I’ve been tracking a few and see them drop 5 to 7k. When I pull the trigger I’ll pay all cash up front, pretty sure that’ll knock it down too. I’m mixed on keeping the 350. I’ve got garage space in Mn, but not in DC for two vehicles. I’d probably kept the Shelby up there most of the time. It all depends on how much time I spend at each place. My other C4S was really good in snow. You had to go into a menu and tell it what size tires you had and that you had winter tires on, and it adjusted the TC ABS and other things to make it all work

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT
Mine is a 17' currently at 59K miles, bought it when it had 24K miles on it. I drive the crap out of it, and believe it or not, I did 35K miles in 18 months. Also, it took 2 months or more to replace many parts. I use it as my daily.

My ESP will be over at 60K miles, and the cost to renew it for another 19K miles is about $3800 USD. My gut tells me to invest in that for peace of mind and drive it less lol.

Any suggestions from someone on what to do moving forward? Should I keep it or be smart and sell it? I am 27 and don't know what life holds ahead.
Is that 19K miles ESP not time limited? If so, and if possible I'd keep the GT350 and drive it less. Current mileage is not that high and will hold value if you're easy on future miles. Get an economical daily and you can still 'drive the crap out of it' on weekends only. Heck, major components were already replaced, stick with the same type of warranty. That FPC is always special, I couldn't justify paying for one at the time since I now track my PP2 80% of the time (not a daily) and worried about the delicacy of these engines. And always keep all maint and warranty receipts, as this always helped me when selling my cars, peace of mind for the next buyer.

Keep us updated.

dem00n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Ruby Red
Buy another GT350 with lower mileage and tack on a warranty onto that.

If you're looking for a similar, but cheaper experience. Look into an E92 M3 with proper suspension mods and exhaust. Similar to the GT350, those cars will eventually be on the auction block, moreso nicer ones.

I'm afraid to say there isn't a direct replacement for a GT350, Mach 1 is a best bet. The Porsche or GM route are different vehicles.

Sponsored

babrams3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT C/S Manual FBO
Soooo....why was the entire drivetrain replaced??

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I'd still buy it and fix it.

OP
OP
BramptonGT350

BramptonGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350

2cars.jpg
I wish I drove a Porche to see the difference. My only problem with the GT350 is that I feel the steering lacks much feel; it feels not as responsive as I'd like (like a sensation of a darting motion when I turn the wheel, which is not there). Another thing is I do feel there is a lot of weight in the car but it still handles it's mass well.

Can you describe some differences between the two cars as I have not driven a Porche before?

OP
OP
BramptonGT350

BramptonGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
I'll pay cash for every GT350 under $40K.
Every GT350 MY 2019&2020 has a better engine so I'd get those in the future when they come down in price. But still that engine vibrates everything so its hard to tell.

OP
OP
BramptonGT350

BramptonGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Buy another GT350 with lower mileage and tack on a warranty onto that.

If you're looking for a similar, but cheaper experience. Look into an E92 M3 with proper suspension mods and exhaust. Similar to the GT350, those cars will eventually be on the auction block, moreso nicer ones.

I'm afraid to say there isn't a direct replacement for a GT350, Mach 1 is a best bet. The Porsche or GM route are different vehicles.
I actually drove an E92 M3 and the engine has a similar feel but is down on power for me (Now that I am spoilt lol). Everything else felt good about the car. From what heard the E92 engines have CAM issues and since they are old at this point it's a gamble!

Porche's & GM's I have never driven, I am at the mercy of lack of experience!
Sponsored