Sponsored

Hiding in Plain Sight: The Art of Camouflaging the 2015 Mustang

GTsquid

Tell me something, why did Ford have to take off the nose camo on the track? something I've always wondered...did so much to hide it then expose it out in the open.
Sponsored

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
engine cooling/brake cooling sign-off.

Also, as Dave mentioned, there was extra security, paid to keep outsiders... out. Well, couldn't keep them all out.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Tell me something, why did Ford have to take off the nose camo on the track? something I've always wondered...did so much to hide it then expose it out in the open.

Also, as Dave mentioned, there was extra security, paid to keep outsiders... out. Well, couldn't keep them all out.
Those photos were taking on their private test track so it wasn't exactly out in the open. It was only a matter of time before the car had to be driven without the camo.

stable68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Crown Victoria LX Sport
According to spy photographer Brian Williams on twitter, this isnt the real story, and the mustang was shot from a public area.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
According to spy photographer Brian Williams on twitter, this isnt the real story, and the mustang was shot from a public area.

From a public area or in a public area? The car was definitely on a racetrack when those uncovered front end photos hit the web.

Sponsored

GTsquid

Thanks. I'm always surprised these guys don't have secret indoor tracks they can do this kind of stuff. Well I cant say it wasn't exciting to see the leaked pics of the front :)

stable68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Crown Victoria LX Sport
From a public area or in a public area? The car was definitely on a racetrack when those uncovered front end photos hit the web.
From what i understand, the spy photographer was just ouside of the secure area but still had a view of the mustang from the public area he was in, if that makes sense.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
no additional comments for me.......
Hey, S550guy, thanks for being here. Regardless of what is posted that is inaccurate or otherwise, I appreciate your insights. By the way, the camo was really good. From photos, it was extremely difficult to pick out and of the major styling cues. The front stuff coming off was the first time I even had a hint.

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey, S550guy, thanks for being here. Regardless of what is posted that is inaccurate or otherwise, I appreciate your insights. By the way, the camo was really good. From photos, it was extremely difficult to pick out and of the major styling cues. The front stuff coming off was the first time I even had a hint.
yep, props to the prototyping group for coming up with the design for the camo. It definitely did it's job!
Sponsored