Sponsored

ThunderHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
OW EcoBeast
For all that talk of not worrying about the camaro,there's a yellow one at 1:13 haha

Mriley

They sound a little angry about the track leak :)

I wonder if that footage was from the actual track run when they took those pics.

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
Very interesting to hear their perspective. I sure thank those pesky paparazzi because my impatience needs taming.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Need Ford to offer on the 2015 Mustang GT the option of Tarnish-Painted, Dark Stainless-Painted and/or Premium Luster Nickel-Painted wheels for the Performance Package GT. They only show the option of black painted for the 19x9 and 19x9.5 upgrade...so far. See the rear wheel on this looks tarnish colored...

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Wheels in question:

Fronts are '12/'13 Boss wheels, rears are '11 Shelby. No production wheel available. My guess is the red GT Autoblog did an unveil article about had the correct GT Perf Pack wheels, as that car was equipped with Brembos as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Nope...Front are 19x9 Boss 302 Wheels and the backs are 19x9.5 PP 2015 Wheels with a different finish other than gloss black.
rear9_5.jpg

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Wheels in question:

Fronts are '12/'13 Boss wheels, rears are '11 Shelby. No production wheel available. My guess is the red GT Autoblog did an unveil article about had the correct GT Perf Pack wheels, as that car was equipped with Brembos as well.
Thanks. I had the orientation of the wheels incorrect because I was confusing it with another spy photo where I thought I recalled the Boss 302 wheels being in the back. Looking again at the photo, I see the Boss 302 is on the front!

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Nope...Front are 19x9 Boss 302 Wheels and the backs are 19x9.5 PP 2015 Wheels with a different finish other than gloss black.
If the 2015 website is correct with the wheels, it looks like the same style as the black wheels on the LA car would be available in a different color. Of course, I recognize that the specifications might not be final yet and are subject to change.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Very cool. One thing I noticed, they didn't try very hard in some circumstances, like when they put a piece of black tape over the steering wheel you could still easily see the pony, same thing with the pony in the grille. They could have easily removed it. I think partially they want the spy shots to go around and give a little something away to signify that it is the 2015 Mustang. Adds to the anticipation and game of cat and mouse.

zerot

Very cool. One thing I noticed, they didn't try very hard in some circumstances, like when they put a piece of black tape over the steering wheel you could still easily see the pony, same thing with the pony in the grille. They could have easily removed it. I think partially they want the spy shots to go around and give a little something away to signify that it is the 2015 Mustang. Adds to the anticipation and game of cat and mouse.
True but think about it, if a photographer were close enough to snap a picture of the steering wheel the pony is not the only thing that would give it away. I remember reading a few months back someone I think claimed it's a Jaguar underneath the camo. While the proportions are a little smaller now you can only add to a car and not make it BRZ sized. The F type is still really small compared to the S550. Even with all that camo it's unmistakable what car is underneath, not to mention the exhaust note is a dead give away.
Sponsored