Sponsored

Hi! need help for 2015-2017 mustang gT exhaust.

OP
OP
oloap24

oloap24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wapz
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford mustang GT
OP, I have the Borla Sport catback midpipes with Roush Axleback mufflers installed on my 2015 Mustang. It looks like that combo will work.

The exhaust tone is incredible in my opinion (if you like raspy exhaust). I've gotten nothing but compliments. However, it's pretty loud and the drone sucks, lol.
Is the axleback or the pipes or the combo causing the drone?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Big Turbo
Op, With the current set up, what kind of intermediate pipe do you have? It should not be a problem if they are 2.5” and mounted in the stock location. The borla X-pipe should mount directly to them. Also, Joe 5.0 has a good point....plus drone sucks. With drone In the A/B it should not matter which mid pipes you are going with....you still going to have drone. Most people installed Roush A/B on their factory 2.5”....which is almost identical (after the cut) to the Borla mid-pipe.
To drone or not to drank is the question for you. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
oloap24

oloap24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wapz
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford mustang GT
Op, With the current set up, what kind of intermediate pipe do you have? It should not be a problem if they are 2.5” and mounted in the stock location. The borla X-pipe should mount directly to them. Also, Joe 5.0 has a good point....plus drone sucks. It should not matter which mid pipes you are going with. Most people installed Roush A/B on their factory 2.5”....which is almost identical (after the cut) to the Borla mid-pipe.
To drone or not to drank is the question for you. :)
Thank you sir! Right now i have flowmaster american thunder catback. When i bought the car theres already an aftermarket exhaust. I thought its just an axleback also thats why i purchased the roush a/b. I dont know much about cars and i just found this forum. Thats why i appreciate you all for helping me.

Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Is the axleback or the pipes or the combo causing the drone?
It's the axlebacks causing the drone. When I had the Borla mufflers on (with the same pipes), no drone.

OP
OP
oloap24

oloap24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wapz
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford mustang GT
Drone can be an issue, OP keep that in mind when planning your exhaust. But you can have rowdy and loud if that's what you are after without drone. Look at options like AWE Touring or Corsa Xtreme/Sport (if going long tubes Sport over Xtreme). These are just examples of options on the upper end of volume but that keep drone away.
Im really torn between corsa extremes and roush catback. But now ill prolly return my roush a/b and just get a full catback since i dont have the stock intermediate pipes of my car.

Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Im really torn between corsa extremes and roush catback. But now ill prolly return my roush a/b and just get a full catback since i dont have the stock intermediate pipes of my car.
Both of those setups are very raspy. If you're into that type of sound, which I am, then you can't go wrong with either. If I could do it all over again, I would have bought the Corsa brand because it's more exotic sounding, in my opinion. But, no matter which setup you choose, I think you'll enjoy both. Be prepared because they're loud!

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Both of those setups are very raspy. If you're into that type of sound, which I am, then you can't go wrong with either. If I could do it all over again, I would have bought the Corsa brand because it's more exotic sounding, in my opinion. But, no matter which setup you choose, I think you'll enjoy both. Be prepared because they're loud!
My one piece of advice. Consider if you will ever be going long tubes in your build. If so, stick to Corsa Sport. The Xtremes sound great on stock but as soon as adding LTH the tone changed way too trumpety. Personally I then added Vibrants to tone that down. Ultimately I cut off the Xtremes and Vibrants but kept the Corsa double x and added AWE Touring mufflers. my favorite sound so far after the headers. But had I planned ahead for the long tubes and gone Sport from the beginning likely would have saved that entire journey.

OP
OP
oloap24

oloap24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wapz
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford mustang GT
Thank you so much sir! Im pretty excited now. Never heard any exhaust other than my 2016 stock and fllowmaster american thunder on my 17gt . Been checking alot of youtube vids but they said that it doesnt give justice compare to what it really sounds

OP
OP
oloap24

oloap24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wapz
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford mustang GT
My one piece of advice. Consider if you will ever be going long tubes in your build. If so, stick to Corsa Sport. The Xtremes sound great on stock but as soon as adding LTH the tone changed way too trumpety. Personally I then added Vibrants to tone that down. Ultimately I cut off the Xtremes and Vibrants but kept the Corsa double x and added AWE Touring mufflers. my favorite sound so far after the headers. But had I planned ahead for the long tubes and gone Sport from the beginning likely would have saved that entire journey.
Thank you sir! I saw that on some youtube builds but i dont know what are LTH are for? Pretty new in this stanglife and I appreciate you all for helping me understand. Theres a corsa sport with double h pipe at lethal performance. Been eyeing on that also

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Thank you sir! I saw that on some youtube builds but i dont know what are LTH are for? Pretty new in this stanglife and I appreciate you all for helping me understand. Theres a corsa sport with double h pipe at lethal performance. Been eyeing on that also
Oops sorry! In this case LTH = long tube headers. One of the biggest bolt on mods in terms of adding power (besides tuning for e85). But it also typically adds alot of volume to your exhaust and changes tone. If these are not in your plans then Xtremes are fine.
Sponsored