Sponsored

Hi! need help for 2015-2017 mustang gT exhaust.

oloap24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wapz
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford mustang GT
upload_2020-6-25_22-57-31.png

Has anyone tried this with roush A/B? i bought my car with an aftermarker catback already but i want to change to roush A/B. The borla midpipes are 2.5 i dont know if itll fit.. Thanks!
Sponsored

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone says that the Roush A/B is loud especially without the suite case. I don't know which aftermarket system you have on it now?

OP
OP
oloap24

oloap24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wapz
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford mustang GT
Everyone says that the Roush A/B is loud especially without the suite case. I don't know which aftermarket system you have on it now?
Flowmaster american thunder. Im not sure if it fits. American muscle said yes but lethal performance said no. But its 2.5"

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Big Turbo
I have both Roush A/B back and Borla cat back in my garage. Will compare them side by side for you tomorrow.

Sponsored

OP
OP
oloap24

oloap24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wapz
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford mustang GT
So it means i can combine it sir?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Big Turbo
Well, Roush will fit on the Borla mid-pipe perfectly (as shown) but it might have to be tweak a little to fit on your car. Meaning it won’t fit on the car perfectly. From the picture Roush is a little bit taller than the Borla But has the same angle.
1DD8C597-191E-4329-A75D-D4B9D31E3AE3.jpeg
B033F18D-4BFF-4756-A923-58E99EF942CC.jpeg

OP
OP
oloap24

oloap24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wapz
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford mustang GT
Sir, i really appreciate that you took some photos! So do you think it'll be better to just return the axleback and purchase the whole catback istead of just getting the borla mid pipes. Thank you so much!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Big Turbo
This is all up to you, Depends on how loud you want to be and what your financial situation is. If it was up to me I would start with the intermediate and mid pipe first, keep the Roush A/B and try to see if it would fit without modifications. Installation is straightforward/easy and could be done within an hour in your garage/driveway. I have a lift, so I swap my set up a few times a year :). As for you, Borla axleback Could be acquired down the road as an option.

If you like it loud, you would be happy with Roush.
Borla atak would be your second choice.
I am running 3” catback borla atak currently :)

OP
OP
oloap24

oloap24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wapz
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford mustang GT
This is all up to you, Depends on how loud you want to be and what your financial situation is. If it was up to me I would start with the intermediate and mid pipe first, keep the Roush A/B and try to see if it would fit without modifications. Installation is straightforward/easy and could be done within an hour in your garage/driveway. I have a lift, so I swap my set up a few times a year :). As for you, Borla axleback Could be acquired down the road as an option.

If you like it loud, you would be happy with Roush.
Borla atak would be your second choice.
I am running 3” catback borla atak currently :)
But i dont have my stock intermediate pipes anymore. Im kinda worried that if i get that borla pipes it wouldnt fit like it used to be.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
But i dont have my stock intermediate pipes anymore. Im kinda worried that if i get that borla pipes it wouldnt fit like it used to be.
Consider replacing full catback with what you want instead of piecing together. Guaranteed fitment and can target what sound you are looking for.

OP
OP
oloap24

oloap24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wapz
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford mustang GT
Consider replacing full catback with what you want instead of piecing together. Guaranteed fitment and can target what sound you are looking for.
Thank you sir! Does getting 2.5" or 3" catback have a huge difference?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Thank you sir! Does getting 2.5" or 3" catback have a huge difference?
If ever considering going with a supercharger definitely go 3". But even if staying NA I have never kept the smaller diameter.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
OP, I have the Borla Sport catback midpipes with Roush Axleback mufflers installed on my 2015 Mustang. It looks like that combo will work.

The exhaust tone is incredible in my opinion (if you like raspy exhaust). I've gotten nothing but compliments. However, it's pretty loud and the drone sucks, lol.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
OP, I have the Borla Sport catback midpipes with Roush Axleback mufflers installed on my 2015 Mustang. It looks like that combo will work.

The exhaust tone is incredible in my opinion (if you like raspy exhaust). I've gotten nothing but compliments. However, it's pretty loud and the drone sucks, lol.
Drone can be an issue, OP keep that in mind when planning your exhaust. But you can have rowdy and loud if that's what you are after without drone. Look at options like AWE Touring or Corsa Xtreme/Sport (if going long tubes Sport over Xtreme). These are just examples of options on the upper end of volume but that keep drone away.
Sponsored