Sponsored

Hey Guys Base Spoiler or Carbon Track Park Wing ? ? ? ?

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
This is the Anderson Composites wing purchased via Lethal Performance.
Weird that it needed spacers. The base pads look like they aren’t even with the edge of the trunk lid, I assume this is due to how the dog bones mount from beneath?
Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Weird that it needed spacers. The base pads look like they aren’t even with the edge of the trunk lid, I assume this is due to how the dog bones mount from beneath?
Yes, the dog bones don’t allow for any leeway:
41ABBD68-AD1E-4BAF-B90F-A86C4A24AAF3.jpeg

As you can see in the previous pictures, the rear of the base pads should be about 1/16” further in, which would make spacers unnecessary. Since the base pads are already drilled and tapped, not much I could do….

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Don is right and I've mentioned this before. The dogbones dictate where the fastener holes can pass through the decklid. Why? Because of numerous contours that have to conform to each other. This means the base to the upright(s), which has to have its holes index with those of the dogbone, can only go in one spot on each side. All of which means that the two flanges that hang down from the wing had better be the correct distance apart or...you end up with the issue Don saw.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don is right and I've mentioned this before. The dogbones dictate where the fastener holes can pass through the decklid. Why? Because of numerous contours that have to conform to each other. This means the base to the upright(s), which has to have its holes index with those of the dogbone, can only go in one spot on each side. All of which means that the two flanges that hang down from the wing had better be the correct distance apart or...you end up with the issue Don saw.
Exactly. So the question is: are the two flanges ~1/4” off, or did they incorrectly drill and tap the base. I think the latter since it’s kind of obvious the rear of the base pads should be slightly more inboard.
But overall, it’s a very complex piece and my solution doesn’t bother me much. No one has noticed the little spacers.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Exactly. So the question is: are the two flanges ~1/4” off, or did they incorrectly drill and tap the base. I think the latter since it’s kind of obvious the rear of the base pads should be slightly more inboard.
But overall, it’s a very complex piece and my solution doesn’t bother me much. No one has noticed the little spacers.
It's either the dogbones or the deck lid. You should not need a spacer (unless the wing is off).

And wow, an MSM medal.
Screenshot_20220822-115625_Chrome.jpg

I would be looking hard at the differences between the oem and AC dogbones. Also, I winder if there might be a difference between the CFTP decklid and the generic decklid.

I'd be happy to supply measurements.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another point to consider...if the uprights weren't correctly fixtured when welding (or there was a design issue) they may not be the proper distance apart where the flange from the wing meets the top of the upright. Or you could have a mix of a few issues.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
* Just viewing pictures / don’t have a wing / don’t have a 500 *

With how that upright bracket projects backwards, it wouldn’t take much movement of the front dog bone hole to make a noticeable difference to the gap that your spacers are filling.

Having the front dog bone holes closer to the outer edge of the truck lid could help.

Note how the bracket on the upper side of the trunk lid isn’t aligned with the trunk edge - it looks like the front holes need moving outwards (or vice versa, the rear most holes inwards, or a little of both).

Could a CFTP wing owner photo their brackets to show the alignment and fit compared to the edge of the trunk lid ?

Hope you get it sorted :like:

WD :like:

edit : see Toms post - that’s what I get for feeding the cats in between writing and posting my reply lol

Comparison added :

1661208577411.jpeg

Last edited:

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's either the dogbones or the deck lid. You should not need a spacer (unless the wing is off).

And wow, an MSM medal.

I would be looking hard at the differences between the oem and AC dogbones. Also, I winder if there might be a difference between the CFTP decklid and the generic decklid.

I'd be happy to supply measurements.
I had previously bought dogbones from Shiftec, and the items from AC are identical. Same supplier?

The base plate is high quality, and I think their drilling jig was off just a bit as the rear of the base should be slightly more inboard:
44FEACEF-72B0-4BEA-8F4D-07CEE8B937A7.jpeg

677D19D7-388E-4AF9-BE64-76FF8A890CA9.jpeg

As Tob requested, the outside-to-outside flange measurement at the back was 50.75”
What is yours?

MSM? I have five of those. :captain:
The Legion of Merit is on my daily driver.
Texas gives free registration/plates for life for each medal. One of the best benefits for vets.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I had previously bought dogbones from Shiftec, and the items from AC are identical. Same supplier?

The base plate is high quality, and I think their drilling jig was off just a bit as the rear of the base should be slightly more inboard:
44FEACEF-72B0-4BEA-8F4D-07CEE8B937A7.jpeg

677D19D7-388E-4AF9-BE64-76FF8A890CA9.jpeg

As Tob requested, the outside-to-outside flange measurement at the back was 50.75”
What is yours?

MSM? I have five of those. :captain:
The Legion of Merit is on my daily driver.
Texas gives free registration/plates for life for each medal. One of the best benefits for vets.
I'll measure nine tomorrow when I get home later.

What are you, some kind of Rambo, lol.

Always an honor to work with a fellow patriot and veteran.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
LOL I missed out on two MSMs. First one was because “the group commander doesn’t approve them for E-6s” (even though I had firewall 5s and a MAJCOM award) and the last one was when I retired I told my then commander not to bother. I was a bit jaded when I retired.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is yours?
Mine was a hair under 50-7/8" measuring outside face to outside face (actually of the insert faces).

20220823_113209.jpg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
51 and 1/16th of an inch from inner side to inner side of mount.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
51 and 1/16th of an inch from inner side to inner side of mount.
Ok, thanks.
Mine is 51 and 3/8” inside of the mount to inside. So if my mounts were ~5/16” closer together at the rear, we’d be in sync, and my spacers wouldn’t be required.
Sponsored