Sponsored

hey GT350 owners . I'm getting the Mach 1. Is the Tremac that much better than the MT 82. I've read of some problems with the Tremac as well.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
hi shift. there were some posts on shifter rattle. but most vids i've seen rave about her. why do some people do a mgw

thanks champale. why do some people get the MGW upgrade on the tremor shifter as well? thanks, tom
as many have said the tremec is perfect from the factory. why do people upgrade the shifter? why not? part of car ownership is the enjoyment of adding aftermarket parts to the car so add the mgw shifter which will allow to short throws or don't... whatever makes you happy.

1 thing that is really cool and people are forgetting about this is that the mach 1 with the tremec will offer auto rev match so you'll technically be quicker downshifting the car than a gt350 would be.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
That's right. It was related to the collar that you lift up to access reverse. I never hear about that anymore, and although I use to have it, it must've stopped rattling a couple years back because I totally forgot about it until you mentioned it.
My shifter starting to do that. When I pop out of reverse the collar doesn't automatically pop down I have to manually push it down. I don't really know how the reverse collar works but I hope that it stays locked when I put it down otherwise I might accidentally go into reverse and completely fuck up my transmission.

The rattling is still an issue but I think it won't be an issue on the Mach 1 because the NVH should be way lower lol.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
hi guys, currently have a 2016 GT, MT. I'm getting the new Mach 1 . should I go AT or the new Tremac which y'all know a lot about. thanks, tom
After owning numerous 2012 Boss 302's in both 2 and 4 seat configurations and pretty much the same number of second generation GT350/R's there is no question in my mind that the Tremec transmission is far superior to the Getrag transmission therefore a very easy decision based on my experience with having driven both transmissions a great deal.

In addition if you go with the TR-3160 I suggest that you will under go a much more satisfying and engaging driving experience versus going with a 2 peddle car.

Good luck and congratulations on your new 2021 Mach 1 that hopefully will be arriving sooner than later!

:clap: :clap:

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Hey wimbrow - I put an MGW on the 350R because from Day 1 with the car off the transporter, the reverse lockout wasn't working right and the car would slip into reverse without even trying. It was intermittent and frustrating so I went ahead and put the MGW in it and problem solved. Even without the MGW, the gearbox was fantastic in terms of feel. With the MGW, its a little heavier but super mechanical and precise.

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Last summer I picked up my new GT350 and drove it home over 125 miles. It was over 20 years since my last manual car/truck. No issues thru LA traffic, never stalled.
Fast forward 5K miles to today....It’s easier to drive fast than putting through city traffic that’s for sure. This whole car just begs to be run hard.

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
The mach1 is dam near gt350 money no offense what so ever but there is nothing special about the mach1. it is a left over parts bin car something that ford put together to sell until the redesign look at a gt350,bullet,PP1 or a PP2 mustang

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Hey wimbrow - I put an MGW on the 350R because from Day 1 with the car off the transporter, the reverse lockout wasn't working right and the car would slip into reverse without even trying. It was intermittent and frustrating so I went ahead and put the MGW in it and problem solved. Even without the MGW, the gearbox was fantastic in terms of feel. With the MGW, its a little heavier but super mechanical and precise.
I did upgrade my stock shifter for 2 reasons: my GT350 had problems with the reverse lockout (and it was included in the FORD service bulletin for that) and while a decent unit the stock shifter design with the spring around the shaft only shielded by 2 pieces of foam is a recipe for rattles in the long tun as my old GT350 proved . Instead of letting the dealer do the service bulletin I did the MGW swap myself and have the piece of mind of a job done properly. Is the MGW better than the stock unit - It definitely feels more precise and solid, no rattles either. Would I have done this if not for the defective reverse lockout? Probably because of the design advantage but most likely not have done it while still breaking the car in.

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
also check out a base 2020 GT auto. I picked one up a few months ago and man was I impressed with the trans after I added the nav and drive modes and a few personal touches

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
The Mach 1 has many differences and they have been discussed multiple times. I owned a 2019 Bullitt and it stickered for 51,780. The Mach 1 I am ordering stickers for 58,600. It has a better transmission, wider rims (9.5 and 10"), different magneride calibration, springs, power steering calibration, different brake booster. GT 500 rear diffuser, GT 500 axle cooling system and toe links, upgraded engine oil cooler. The Tremec will for the first time have rev-matching. Different front fascia which forces air towards cooling better. Different rear subframe. Cool GT500 exhaust tips, striping.

The car I am ordering I admit has the red calipers and perfomance wheels. I could have skipped the red calipers I guess. But the car is different and you cannot "make" the tremec rev match aftermarket to my understanding.

Buying a Mach 1 isn't about cheaping out on how to get the same stuff cheap, it's about a cool car that has the right stuff. Comparing the options this car has to a GT 350, other than the VooDoo engine, these options would cost about 10K more. And, no heated steering wheel or electronic dash.

Sponsored

cdh027

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2018 z06
1 thing that is really cool and people are forgetting about this is that the mach 1 with the tremec will offer auto rev match
Is this something we will be able to add to our 350's from the parts dept once the mach 1 is out?

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Is this something we will be able to add to our 350's from the parts dept once the mach 1 is out?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Would be cool if it did but I don't exactly know and if I'm being honest.... it's probably unlikely.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Someone I know, who is in the know says...he has no idea ;-)
Joking of course but it sure would be nice. I’m getting much better at heel toe though.
And yes there are a couple sources for aftermarket rev matching.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I like heal/toe but it's hard to do on the street when you're not threshold braking.... Having the option to turn on/off an auto rev match, would be cool. I'll down for doing the OE implementation of that....but don't care for the auto-blip product.

Unfortunately - I think Ford has all of the sensors and everything already in place to do this which means it could just happen in software which makes it less likely that we will get it without an aftermarket tune...and even then it might not happen.