Sponsored

hey GT350 owners . I'm getting the Mach 1. Is the Tremac that much better than the MT 82. I've read of some problems with the Tremac as well.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
tremac is a lot better in my experience.
Sponsored

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
I own both, Tremac is far superior in my opinion!
If possible drive both and form your own opinion!

Concretevol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Man, go with the Tremac. That is one of the great things they brought over from the GT350 platform and you don't want to miss out on it.

OP
OP

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
Sometimes first is a bit notchy, at
least on mine, but otherwise such a nice shifting trans
hey TDC. recently got the mach 1 MT. have only 100 miles on her. tremac does feel a bit notchy especially 2nd to 3rd. seems to be getting smoother though. does it continue to improve ? cheers, tom

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
hi guys, currently have a 2016 GT, MT. I'm getting the new Mach 1 . should I go AT or the new Tremac which y'all know a lot about. thanks, tom

To - The Tremac is by far the BEST transmission! I have had the MT-85 on 3 5.0's not a fan...Have had Tremac in GT500 and my current GT350...Night and day....I'd ONLY buy the Mach one because of the transmission...now regarding auto just bought a 2021 with a 10 Speed Auto...WOW Ford knocked it out of the park! So based on your driving an A10 or Tremec are only options IMHO.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
To - The Tremac is by far the BEST transmission! I have had the MT-85 on 3 5.0's not a fan...Have had Tremac in GT500 and my current GT350...Night and day....I'd ONLY buy the Mach one because of the transmission...now regarding auto just bought a 2021 with a 10 Speed Auto...WOW Ford knocked it out of the park! So based on your driving an A10 or Tremec are only options IMHO.
Post #34. He bought the M6. 👍

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Even Ford got it wrong at the Detroit Auto Show when they propped a DCT up on a stand along with a placard underneath it calling it a "Tremac."

#wordsnolongermatter

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry brother, I now see you are from NZ - my bad. It's the stateside language butchering that deserves a good skewering.

:)

Regarding the topic...the TR3160 is light years better than the MT82. It is one of the best manuals ever to reside under the floorpan of a Mustang. I'm not a fan of the shift mechanism Ford attaches to it but that can be addressed easily.

Reactions: dps
OP
OP

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
Sorry brother, I now see you are from NZ - my bad. It's the stateside language butchering that deserves a good skewering.

:)

Regarding the topic...the TR3160 is light years better than the MT82. It is one of the best manuals ever to reside under the floorpan of a Mustang. I'm not a fan of the shift mechanism Ford attaches to it but that can be addressed.
no worries mate. but do you know if the Tremec gets less notchy over time ?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The transmission itself...you'll see people say things along these lines but in my view that's mostly self fulfilling prophecy. Shafts are hardened and the bearings don't wear that rapidly. You "get used to it" and it seemingly becomes less notchy. The shifter, on the other hand, is not the best design in this regard. The composite sphere, the core pivot point, wears unevenly and can be affected with heat and time. The ongoing issues with reverse engagement that prompted a recall are the direct result of a design that isn't as robust as either the transmission itself is or the rest of the powertrain. Many get by and have little or no issue with it and that makes Ford happy. The transmission definitely deserved a better developed shift mechanism than what Ford felt was good enough.

OP
OP

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
The transmission itself...you'll see people say things along these lines but in my view that's mostly self fulfilling prophecy. Shafts are hardened and the bearings don't wear that rapidly. You "get used to it" and it seemingly becomes less notchy. The shifter, on the other hand, is not the best design in this regard. The composite sphere, the core pivot point, wears unevenly and can be affected with heat and time. The ongoing issues with reverse engagement that prompted a recall are the direct result of a design that isn't as robust as either the transmission itself is or the rest of the powertrain. Many get by and have little or no issue with it and that makes Ford happy. The transmission definitely deserved a better developed shift mechanism than what Ford felt was good enough.
thanks epiphany. if the shift mechanism doesn't get to where I like it, what shift mechanism would you recommend installing? cheers, tom
Sponsored