Here's the 2021 Mach 1!!

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
In Canada, there is no Handling Package in the order guide, nor in the factory ordering system. I am meeting with our Ford guy today to find out what is up. On the other hand, it looks like the PP1 is inheriting a lot of the PP2 parts in terms of radiators, cooling and some suspension.
I think for a track purpose car, it may best to start with the PP1 and add items as necessary to track it. With the savings compared to a Mach 1, that could mean a lot of good parts, including 18" wheels and slicks.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I think for a track purpose car, it may best to start with the PP1 and add items as necessary to track it.
depending on how labor adds up, you'd be better off getting a base GT and then adding things at 50-60% of what Ford charges to put them on at the factory only to then have to toss them - namely PP1 suspension which is just garbage.

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
depending on how labor adds up, you'd be better off getting a base GT and then adding things at 50-60% of what Ford charges to put them on at the factory only to then have to toss them - namely PP1 suspension which is just garbage.
I think the PP1 would be better because of the brakes, wheels, street tires, radiator, chassis bracing etc as a base in which to start. I have attached the order guide showing what the PP1 package includes (should be the 301A). Have a look, it may help some people decide.

Attachments

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
think the PP1 would be better because of:
Remember the stated goal was (semi-)dedicated 'track' use
  • brakes - $600-1100 from ebay or parts websites
  • wheels - heavy and worth little on resale. buy 18x10, 19x10 or wider aftermarket and save ~10lbs per corner. $600-1700
  • street tires - useless for purpose
  • radiator - WAAY better radiators available for $5-800
  • chassis bracing - trivially sourced and anyway you're gonna have to do the BMR/Steeda kitchen sink ($800-1300) to fix the chassis no matter what factory trim you buy, including the GT350
  • suspension - trash, replace with $4000 MCS/JRI or lesser $1500 solution with track-spec spring rates, exception being Magneride selected and you can live with it at the track

So instead of spending $5000-6500 on the PP1 package you can get the *right* components for the same expenditure instead of having to spend the $5k almost twice.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
  • wheels - heavy and worth little on resale. buy 18x10, 19x10 or wider aftermarket and save ~10lbs per corner. $600-1700
  • chassis bracing - trivially sourced and anyway you're gonna have to do the BMR/Steeda kitchen sink ($800-1300) to fix the chassis no matter what factory trim you buy, including the GT350
  • suspension - trash, replace with $4000 MCS/JRI or lesser $1500 solution with track-spec spring rates, exception being Magneride selected and you can live with it at the track

So instead of spending $5000-6500 on the PP1 package you can get the *right* components for the same expenditure instead of having to spend the $5k almost twice.
This exactly

I think it’s pretty well known that if you want to build just an allout track car, a base, no-option GT is going to be your best bet. But for those worried about warranties, something like the Mach 1 is ideal

Also, I’m glad you said MCS/JRI for coilovers... most Mustang people tend to think that BC or Fortune coilovers are the best you can get :facepalm:

Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Dang, now I have to read the whole thread.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP

Can't believe Ford charges 5k for PP1 now. When I bought mine it was only 3k and they haven't added anything new since then.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I'm really starting to dig it, but not sure if its possible to get at a reasonable price. I just did a build and noticed there really are not that many options you can add unless the build site isn't up to fully functional yet. I came up with just over 56k build with all options I could find except for NAV. Is this correct? I didn't see an option for the B&0 or a handling package (which I don't think I'd get anyway). A couple of quirks I noticed is it was saying the seats were cloth and they look like leather in the pics and also summer only tire, why? Anyway, do you guys think its possible to get one for right around 50k based on a 56k build at some point after the hype has died down a little?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm really starting to dig it, but not sure if its possible to get at a reasonable price. I just did a build and noticed there really are not that many options you can add unless the build site isn't up to fully functional yet. I came up with just over 56k build with all options I could find except for NAV. Is this correct? I didn't see an option for the B&0 or a handling package (which I don't think I'd get anyway). A couple of quirks I noticed is it was saying the seats were cloth and they look like leather in the pics and also summer only tire, why? Anyway, do you guys think its possible to get one for right around 50k based on a 56k build at some point after the hype has died down a little?
The only options the Ford site doesn’t have at this point are the handling package and rear seat delete (which is only an option on the handling package). B&O is part of the Mach 1 elite package, which is only available on the Mach 1 premium (and IIRC, same goes for nav). And that is correct that the base Mach 1 comes with cloth interior

Granger Ford has been offering 2% off of invoice (basically 7% off MSRP), so it is possible to find them discounted if you go to the right dealership

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyway, do you guys think its possible to get one for right around 50k based on a 56k build at some point after the hype has died down a little?
you can buy 'today' for 7% off, so 52k and yes there is a B&O option, and NAV all the way at the bottom of the 'Interior' options drop-down. 50k likely won't happen until deep dark fall/winter after the car has been sitting on the lot, unclaimed for 6 months. It could happen but I rather doubt it this year. Or you've found a VERY accommodating dealer to sell the car for 11% off. Typically the limit is around 9%.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Idk, 52k best scenario and that would basically be a base one without even leather. Maybe if they offered 0% interest, which I doubt they will on these. I could get a nearly loaded 1320 optioned out at around 50k, but could order one at 4% under invoice plus current incentives, so it would end up likely 8-10k less than the mach with similar performance.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you’re looking for a factory drag car, you’re on the wrong forum, man

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only options the Ford site doesn’t have at this point are the handling package and rear seat delete (which is only an option on the handling package). B&O is part of the Mach 1 elite package, which is only available on the Mach 1 premium (and IIRC, same goes for nav). And that is correct that the base Mach 1 comes with cloth interior

Granger Ford has been offering 2% off of invoice (basically 7% off MSRP), so it is possible to find them discounted if you go to the right dealership
I swear there is no B&O option coming up in the build and no other seat choices except the Recaro's. I guess I could live with cloth seats as long as it had heat/cool and heated steering wheel, but I don't think it does, correct? It is saying performance package included. I don't see the elite package listed either, so I'm thinking there most be another build for the "premium" edition Mach 1 or something? If that's the case, I'm definitely out as this build is already coming in at nearly 57k!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I swear there is no B&O option coming up in the build and no other seat choices except the Recaro's.
if you read the build sheet you'd know that B&O or Elite is Premium (700A) only.
Sponsored