Sponsored

Here's the 2021 Mach 1!!

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
You were able to find a dealership taking a deposit? I had called dealerships last week and the best I got was them putting my name on a list and offering to call when they got the order guide. Guess I’ll call around again tomorrow.
Yeah, the sales guy I’ve gotten to know loves sports cars too. He had an orange pp2 and just traded it in for the camaro zl1.
He contacted me and said it sounded exactly like what your looking for. Do you want to be first on our allocation list? Had to beg the wife a little and done.
Now I need details, color wheel combo without the handling package concerns me.
Sponsored

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I can envision getting the Mach 1. I really like the front fascila.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
I can envision getting the Mach 1. I really like the front fascila.
Love the front fascia. It went from catfish to shark.
What the 18+ should have looked like from the start tbh.

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80

Sponsored

Guitar00Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I was the 2nd owner of an 04 Screaming Yellow Mach 1 for 8 years. Out of the 6 Mustangs I have owned since I started driving, that is still my favorite to this day (I would still have it if a teenage girl didn't sideswipe me :crying: ). I feel this model fails in two areas IMO. No Shaker and no increase in power to make it unique. I loved explaining to people that the 03-04 Mach 1s were NOT just a GT with some cosmetic changes. This is literally a Bullitt with suspension and cooling mods. You can't argue that. Ok, the Tremec, but does that really make it special? I know the aftermarket will react with a shaker kit, but it really should have come on the car. A shaker and a bump in power robbed Ford from releasing another icon.

I am still holding out for power as all of the press releases state it is "projected" to have 480 HP. Hopefully Ford is still working on this number.

And yes, I know very well that the original Machs only came with a shaker as an option. When you have a trim that is known for a shaker, which the 03-04s help cement in our heads AND a competitor (The Challenger) has their own version available RIGHT NOW, I think it was a huge missed opportunity. I love Ford and all Mustangs, but man.. they missed the mark here IMO.

I bet if the early sketches are released we will see numerous models with Shaker hoods.

Last edited:

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Mach 1 looks good, but power wise it's a disappointment. Wish it came with GT350 cylinder heads, or ported 18 heads, bigger valves, Magnum XL trans or DCT from GT500. It's just a better looking Bullitt or a PP2. Still looks good.

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
1993 Fox 306, 2020 301A PP2
Vehicle Showcase
Only ONE thread talking about this car / the new details? Oi, not alot of excitement.

Depending on the brakes on this car, really, it is a GT350 with a Bullitt Coyote motor... Unless the brakes aren't as good as a 350. I WOULD be excited (for the kind of racing I want to be doing, I am leaning towards a PP2... and just do a transmission swap to a Tremec). The cost is a huge thing, Bullitt didn't and hasn't sold worth a damn (it's a snooze fest imo), and this WILL be more money. Might be better off, for the price, getting a used GT350. I prefer the Analog gauges, esp with the fact the consumer pays more for the Digi Dash... Groan.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
OMG. I just read the Autoblog article linked in the first post and that thing is BUTT UGLY. I agree with every single person who has talked up the 2003-04 Mach 1's - now THEY were awesome. I had a 2003 Cobra but always was envious of the Machs.

And don't get me started about 2012-13 Boss 302s. I'd still buy one of those if the opportunity presented itself.

But this just comes off as an attempt to cobble together existing parts and put some stickers on it to make it different and squeeze as much $$ out of the public as possible without actually giving us anything unique and with substance.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Many here seem to be dissapointed in the projected HP number of 480. I get the feeling that FoMoCo shied away from the earlier estimate of 525 HP because 480 HP is easier to clear in global markets, especially with those restrictive Eurocrats.

Sponsored

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
The car is gorgeous. After seeing it in person, and talking to the crew hauling them around to show, I am glad I bought my car when I did. I cannot afford it, my wife would divorce me, but I would have bought it. As for those who want it to have more power, get a GT500. Or buy one and put a blower on it. Most people do not have the skills to properly take advantage of that much power, and then get paranoid about accidents until that high dollar car gets little actual use.

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
Many here seem to be dissapointed in the projected HP number of 480. I get the feeling that FoMoCo shied away from the earlier estimate of 525 HP because 480 HP is easier to clear in global markets, especially with those restrictive Eurocrats.
Yep all the Karens here getting riled up over "only" 480 hp when it explicitly states projected in the press release. Car markers don't use that terminology if the number has been set in stone. People forget that this car is homologated to other places besides us.

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Please please please let this be available in the UK

Moncho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose Ramon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

Moncho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose Ramon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I think you have the point. As you know european Bullit only get 460 bp because enviorement exaust limitations. If Ford wants to sell the Mach 1 in Europe needs to mantein the european bullitt engine.Europe is getting tough for "big" engines.BMW M2 Competition fininsh production on december, new 2021 Supra 384 bp is banned, Ford Focus RS the same....
Sponsored