Sponsored

Here is the 2018 10 speed auto gas mileage

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
As a reference I test drove a 2017 2SS auto on Sunday.
At 62mph I was easily getting 29-33 mpg due to the cylinder deactivation.

Thought it might of interest to someone. I am interested as I will buy either oh the two.
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

As a reference I test drove a 2017 2SS auto on Sunday.
At 62mph I was easily getting 29-33 mpg due to the cylinder deactivation.

Thought it might of interest to someone. I am interested as I will buy either oh the two.
So you drove 62 mph for a few minutes and got 29-33 mpg or was this on a full tank of gas? Also, did you hand calculate or go by what the computer says. The computer is a bit generous FYI. :doh:

If it was the former, that's a bad judge of gas mileage. How many people drive 62 mph in a Camaro or Mustang? C'mon man. This isn't a TDI you are hypermiling. You'll be lucky to get 20 combined.

williamwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 gt
Yea I agree it seems weird this would be the first (I've heard at least) of an extended under-tray. Although it would be a welcome improvement I think.

As far as the splitter/spoiler thing, is the '18 front splitter bigger? I almost remember that same quote from the unveiling of the '15 so idk.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Pics of the 2018 GT PP front splitter and the 2015 GT PP front splitter. I don't recall seeing info regarding any changes to the other 2018 splitters. The underside picture is the 2018. The 15 is a snip from the Ford video on the 2015 aero.

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

And here is a pic of what looks like the underside of a 2015 GTPP on the production line.

[/url][/IMG]

williamwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 gt
Good find.

The 18 splitter could be bigger? Kind of looks that way but who knows without measurements. At least the channels gong to the brakes appear deeper.

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi

I was idling on around 60-62mph for a good 15 minutes and that is what I was getting according to the computer.

As I was out for a test drive I did not do any scientific measurements by checking how much actual fuel that was consumed etc. I think however it gives a good feeling for the consumption on highway speeds.

I'll be daily driving mine and will be doing most of the driving during workdays around 40-60 mph. Therefore the consumption on these speeds is of interest to me. As the the gas prices where I live is almost 3 times higher than in the states, consumption becomes a large portion of the monthly cost. With that said I am well aware of the type of car and that fuel consumption is not a priority as such.

On the combined cycle I agree seeing 20 will be very hard to get.

Br

So you drove 62 mph for a few minutes and got 29-33 mpg or was this on a full tank of gas? Also, did you hand calculate or go by what the computer says. The computer is a bit generous FYI. :doh:

If it was the former, that's a bad judge of gas mileage. How many people drive 62 mph in a Camaro or Mustang? C'mon man. This isn't a TDI you are hypermiling. You'll be lucky to get 20 combined.

Reactions: Ebm

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
base price of 39Gs for a GT is nuts
So much for an affordable working mans
sports car LOL........

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
base price of 39Gs for a GT is nuts
So much for an affordable working mans
sports car LOL........
$39k wouldn't be base price for a GT. That would be for a GT Premium.

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
i dont know about everyone else but my 5.0 full bolt on car got 27.2mpg on a 4 hour trip to oc this past weekend

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium

Sponsored

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Ford Mustang is the only Ford that is admired and envied thoughout the world. To devalue the brand with cheap base models, just available in the USA, is not the way forward for Ford. The Mustang has opened up new markets all over the world and, in doing so, has increased the desireabilty of Fords in general. Keeping an el cheapo Mustang for car hire might just be totally the wrong thing to do.
And youngsters crash them in the rain.
The Cheap Fords keep everything going smoothly.... Lose the bottom end... I assure you that's it for the rest of you

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Ya, way too damn high and I will never make a loan for 72 or 84 months. 60 or less for me, or no vehicle.
I'd rather pay no interest for 72 months than interest for 60.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I'd rather pay no interest for 72 months than interest for 60.
+1 0% is the way to go. The end of the summer Ford usually offers 0%. I'm sure it will be the same for the 18's

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
Im glad the price went up. GT is a premium model and should be priced accordingly. I prefer to keep the GT as a special cache model not an everyday kind of car on the road. As far as the MSRP $53k who pays MSRP? Yeah sure when the 18s first come out getting a deal under MSRP may be hard to find but give it time, they will be much cheaper. I paid $7k under MSRP for my 16 GT Premuim. Be patient and you will find a great deal in time.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Pics of the 2018 GT PP front splitter and the 2015 GT PP front splitter. I don't recall seeing info regarding any changes to the other 2018 splitters. The underside picture is the 2018. The 15 is a snip from the Ford video on the 2015 aero.

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

And here is a pic of what looks like the underside of a 2015 GTPP on the production line.

[/url][/IMG]
Is it me or does the axle back piping look different? Maybe just the angle?
Sponsored